Suggestion about managers' wage role

Hello anyone,

tell me if I'm wrong or if similar topic has been already posted, but now our contract with the club means nothing. No matter if you earn 5,000 or 50,000 pounds per week, this hasn't got any importance in our career, what is absolutely non-realistic - in real life money are very important factor while choosing a job. In my opinion you should make it more realistic by adding some kind of importance to wage value we got.

My suggestions? Maybe connect our wage value with Manager prestige. The higher wage the more respect from players, media and the better job offers. Let our wage value be important to us!

Greetings from Poland.

Your Reputation will do that. There isn't much importance on wage but it counts towards you overall wage budget for the team, as does you backroom staff. But the higher the Reputation you get should result in more money offered to you if the club can afford it.

Becuase the Players irl tend to get paid more than the managers anyway

You've got some point The Welsh Lad, but in my opinion we have to do something to extend our wage role. There is no doubt that it's very importand in real-life. Managers are negotiating, sometimes they choose job only for big money, sometimes they quit becouse thay aren't beeing payed well. This one could make our career more interesting and realistic.

If there is no sense to raise anager prestige, go with another suggestion.

Im not sure neither, Club Owner might have vested interest in firing well-payed manager. Which boss want to pay big money to his worker? :)

A boss that wants to win things. More money spent generally equals more time to work anyway since if you have to pay out the rest of the contract and hire a new manager you actually lose money. So vested interests don't really come into play in this situation.

True that does happen in real life Pogromca but that is generally when managers have a goob Rep (CV) I don't think the likes of Dave Jones, Dean Saunders can demand that sort of negotiating. In FM when your contract is due for renewal you can request to get paid more than what they offer if the refuse you have the option of not signing and trying to find a new club.

Some managers like to save the club money so will accept the lowest offer, so then working a wage to demand prestiege doesn't have the same effect becuase those managers wont have the same respect has say a mediocre manager who accepts a high wage, than a manager with trophies behind him accepting a lower manager.

I know everything is relative with regards to Rep aswell. Take Mourinho for example the only club he has has to work hard at so to speak was Porto, He's won cups with every club he has been at so he has a high Rep. But a manager who brings a team from the lowest divisions to the prem without winning a league or trophy would when in the real world have respect for his achievements he wont achieve the Rep has Mourniho until he wins a trophies.

So it is a hard thing to judge in FM so I think it would be safer to stick to the Dynamic Rep and not include wages into the equation becuase that will open up a kettle of worms so to speak.

Sure, but now it doesn't matter how well we've been payed. You can even minimalise your job offer from 5.000 offered to 500. Nothing then happens. I think it is not as it should be. Of course you can request to get paid more, but what for? In real life it is connected with the prestige and your morale. In the game - not.

Main thing - payment no matters. Isn't it wrong?

Sure, but now it doesn't matter how well we've been payed. You can even minimalise your job offer from 5.000 offered to 500. Nothing then happens. I think it is not as it should be. Of course you can request to get paid more, but what for? In real life it is connected with the prestige and your morale. In the game - not.

Main thing - payment no matters. Isn't it wrong?

I maybe wrong in my assesment of the Bolded words... So what your saying is if I has manager take a pay cut, the players should respect me less regardless of my Rep.

The higher your wage the higher your reputation as a manager. And these things mean getting hired for better jobs. If you start in Division 2 and your wage is around the same 4 seasons on you won't get offered a job in a higher league. Or something like that.

The higher your wages the more successful you are as a manager. And the better chance of getting that dream role at a higher club, or at least working your way up.

I maybe wrong in my assesment of the Bolded words... So what your saying is if I has manager take a pay cut, the players should respect me less regardless of my Rep.

No. For example 80% of players' respect comes from achievements (Rep.) and 20% from your wage value. It's just open suggestion, word shower.

The higher your wages the more successful you are as a manager. And the better chance of getting that dream role at a higher club, or at least working your way up.

I agree that succsess can lead to higher wages.

The higher your wage the higher your reputation as a manager

But I don't agree the higher the wage the higher the rep. SO aslong has I keep asking for a pay rise my rep will rise regardless of success.

Well a team may not approach you because your wages are too high. So that is a factor too. You might be earning so much that only teams like Man Utd, Real, Barca etc. would be able to afford your wages.

So taking a pay cut so you can take your dream job, say at Villareal, might be necessary.

My aim is to make wage value more importand to us, becouse right now it's no realisctic, and sometimes:

Higher wages does mean you are less likely to get offers from other clubs whilst under contract. I've found when on a long term deal with excessive wages other clubs won't offer you a deal because of the compensation they would be required to pay the club

...it's even better to get low payment. Nonsense.

I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo cares how much Mourinho is earning.

In some psychological way maybe he does. He see that Mou has better car than he, top suit... It connetcs Mou with professional man :D ;P

Maybe he does on some sort of psychological way but we'd have to ask him. But I making wages has important has your suggesting will make it more realistic. Becuase has the game stands at the moment, if your an unknown manager and you take over a biggish club players will doubt if you the right person for the job regardless of your weekly wage. Some point why I think it should be how you suggested and why the way it is now is fine:

1.) If at anytime through the season a job you think is better than your becomes available you can apply for it and see if they offer you more than what you get now.

2.) If when offered a new contract, the club offer is not to your liking you can negotiate for a better deal it the club don't agree you can quit to find another job.

3.) If you have been successful you are more likely to be able to get a higher wage.

4.) Players react to your personality and success to a degree if you club is going through a bad patch players will start to lose faith in you. If your winning this and keeping the squad happy you can become there favourite person.

This is my opinion, I do take yours on board and can see why you think it would be a good thing but like I said earlier I think it would open up a can of worms because there will be more factors to include in player/manager relationship and calculating reputation.

I have just run out of pop so I got to goto the shops, I have enjoyed this little debate, battering of opinions, this will most prob continue when I'm gone and I will most prob come back and join in again but for now see you later.

The Welsh Lad

Higher wage means less chance of being sacked? Not sure if 100% true but I think it is a factor

I have found it a factor in a way that when I was managing everton I was on 2million a year contract. with a worldclass reputation, I was getting loads of job offers. I took the Real Madrid job signed a contract for 3 years on 5 million a year and did not get offered 1 job offer until I had to resign to move back to the English Premiership with Aston Villa. So to me the wages do affect things in the game

The higher wage the better teams are into employing you and you have bigger chances to get a job when applying. That solution sounds good.

Not sure if it's already this way.

Might sound good but looking at it from a realistic point of view it should be the opposite. The more money you make the more expensive it is for another team to pay out your contract.

Might sound good but looking at it from a realistic point of view it should be the opposite. The more money you make the more expensive it is for another team to pay out your contract.

Yes, OK but I'm sure that most of Managers' wage are unknown both for media and other clubs. Maybe it should be setted radomly; if very good journalist will find out our payment - they'll know. Or talk to board that you want your wage value be secret.

Right now we have no need to fight for our wage. Its better to have it lower becouse our club will keep more money for players' payment and more clubs gonna be interested in us. Wouldn't you fight for your wage in real? :) Maybe if you are very loyal - you would not, but we should have a chance to negotiate bigger wages for real profits. In my opinion that kind of dilemma would be very realistic, becouse right now there is no dillema - there is no solid profit for big wage value.

Mdified suggestion: bigger wage value means bigger chances for beein' employed in the club you apply. And with a big wage you can also apply if the club is not currently searching for a new manager.

A higher wage and a longer salary will provide better job security, since the club will have to pay the compensation to sack you.

If you were to negotiate the smallest wages possible you are basically making yourself very easy to get rid of by the chairman.

It could be that the wage is unknown to clubs and media but reasoning like that the wage couldn't have any impact on what job offers you get. As dafuge said the higher the wage and the longer the contract the more expensive it is for the club to fire you and the more expensive it is for another club to buy out your contract.

As far as I go I would happily have an agent negotiating my contract because I don't do anything but press accept offer if I want the job. That way I usually end up somewhere in the middle, I don't try to raise my wage but I also don't negotiate it down to take a smaller piece of the wage budget.

Archived