The Current Ability / Attributes Relationship

Does anyone know EXACTLY how they translate? I have the table which tells you how many points each attribute takes up for every position, but it has been made clear that these points AREN'T ability points, otherwise, for example, a striker with 20 pace and 20 acceleration would require 240 current ability rating, and while it's true that high speed attributes do mean that overall the other attributes are lower, the effect isn't as heavy.

We also know that while we see the attributes as ranging from 1-20, they actually range from 1-200 or 100, I can't recall now, which means that two players with 15 Finishing might have different levels of Finishing. Does this mean that 1-20 reflects the levels and you build up points on the 1-200 range to 'level up' or that each level within the 1-200 range reflects a different level of expertise within the attribute? Which would mean that the two players with 15 Finishing could actually be better or worse than one another, even if you were unable to tell.

The above seems somewhat backed by the fact that occasionally the training page will show improvements or decreases in certain areas even though the attribute page shows no changes.

We also know that Flair, Determination, Influence, Aggression and Natural Fitness are unrelated to the current ability total (as well as the hidden attributes Versatility, Injury Prone, Consistency, Important Matches and Dirtiness) and Rushing Out, Tendency to Punch and Eccentricity for keepers. These ones seem to create a personality and style of play for the players, rather than ability.

So, what else do we know? I want to be able to create a player in the editor and give him a current ability which is reflected by his attributes and won't change when I start the game just because I don't know how the calculations are done.

EDIT: What seems strange is that despite attribute ratings not equalling current ability ratings point for point, to a certain extent they seem to. I've used FMRTE a few times and if you change players' attributes in a way that exceeds their worth in current ability, the game will lower the stats accordingly, and in trying to stop that from happening, I've noticed that generally, 1 ability points seems to allow for 1 attribute point (the main excepetion being speed attributes, which require more).

Attributes are 1-200 but we only see 1-20 so a 15 is actually somewhere between 150 & 159 or maybe its 145-154 but anyway you get the idea.

Each attribute & ca is linked with a ratio which only SI know but the table you have gives you an idea. Something like "tackling" is a key attribute for a DC so has a high ratio (Not sure what maybe even 1:1) but for a ST its virtually a free attribute with a very low ratio (If any).

You also have to consider that the weaker foot also takes up CA points, the stronger it is the more points used up (maybe a ratio is linked to position again) & also players that play in multiple positions will have more attributes rated highly than players who only have single positions.

If you took away all attribute weightings, 200 CA would average as a 16 in every single attribute.

Now, I have nowhere near the brain needed to work the math but I'm sure there's someone out there to do it.

If you took away all attribute weightings, 200 CA would average as a 16 in every single attribute.

Now, I have nowhere near the brain needed to work the math but I'm sure there's someone out there to do it.

There's 36 attributes, so a 16 in each would be 576. So if you add the attributes of your player and divide by 3 you won't be too far away - assuming the theory is correct LOL.

I have noted that physical attributes are the easiest to improve, then technical, then mental. However, it is clear that high physical attributes take a lot of CA points to improve further. So what I try to do is to find youngsters with as few attributes as possible below 10, and then let them progress across the line before I let them play in the first team. This pays off in the long term but is risky in the short term because players with no or few strengths will not play very well when they are young. However, once they have 15+ in every attribute, they suddenly become absolute world class players!

vallesi20.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This player is a good example of my way of thinking. At age 17-18 he was not much to look at, and underperformed when getting the chance in the first team. This season his attributes are closing in on 15 in most important areas and suddenly he has bloomed into a powerful striker.

vallesi20history.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attributes are 1-200 but we only see 1-20 so a 15 is actually somewhere between 150 & 159 or maybe its 145-154 but anyway you get the idea.

Each attribute & ca is linked with a ratio which only SI know but the table you have gives you an idea. Something like "tackling" is a key attribute for a DC so has a high ratio (Not sure what maybe even 1:1) but for a ST its virtually a free attribute with a very low ratio (If any).

You also have to consider that the weaker foot also takes up CA points, the stronger it is the more points used up (maybe a ratio is linked to position again) & also players that play in multiple positions will have more attributes rated highly than players who only have single positions.

I've found that the further up the pitch the player's position is, more points go to a 'stronger' weak foot, and more points are used the stronger the weak foot is. Hope that makes sense!

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know EXACTLY how they translate? I have the table which tells you how many points each attribute takes up for every position, but it has been made clear that these points AREN'T ability points, otherwise, for example, a striker with 20 pace and 20 acceleration would require 240 current ability rating, and while it's true that high speed attributes do mean that overall the other attributes are lower, the effect isn't as heavy.

We also know that while we see the attributes as ranging from 1-20, they actually range from 1-200 or 100, I can't recall now, which means that two players with 15 Finishing might have different levels of Finishing. Does this mean that 1-20 reflects the levels and you build up points on the 1-200 range to 'level up' or that each level within the 1-200 range reflects a different level of expertise within the attribute? Which would mean that the two players with 15 Finishing could actually be better or worse than one another, even if you were unable to tell.

The above seems somewhat backed by the fact that occasionally the training page will show improvements or decreases in certain areas even though the attribute page shows no changes.

We also know that Flair, Determination, Influence, Aggression and Natural Fitness are unrelated to the current ability total (as well as the hidden attributes Versatility, Injury Prone, Consistency, Important Matches and Dirtiness) and Rushing Out, Tendency to Punch and Eccentricity for keepers. These ones seem to create a personality and style of play for the players, rather than ability.

So, what else do we know? I want to be able to create a player in the editor and give him a current ability which is reflected by his attributes and won't change when I start the game just because I don't know how the calculations are done.

EDIT: What seems strange is that despite attribute ratings not equalling current ability ratings point for point, to a certain extent they seem to. I've used FMRTE a few times and if you change players' attributes in a way that exceeds their worth in current ability, the game will lower the stats accordingly, and in trying to stop that from happening, I've noticed that generally, 1 ability points seems to allow for 1 attribute point (the main excepetion being speed attributes, which require more).

I made my Adam le Fondre almost every important stat 20 like technique, acceleration, pace, finishing, anticipation, off the ball... I also made attributes like passing , teamwork 15. And I only set his CA to 190. His stats never dropped for 2 seasons. He is even better than Messi and Ronaldo. I really have no idea why this is happening. But for all my other players, their stats drop after a few matches.

Archived