Approached in advance anyone?

I was wondering if people ever get approached by clubs to fill the managers spot when their current managers contract runs out some months later.

There are a lot of newsitems saying this or that manager may leave at the end of the season and that this or that manager is linked with the job, but is anyone actually been approached around that time to fill the managers seat when it becomes available in summer?

I have found that when I am one of those "candidates for the job" I don't have an option to apply for or show interest in that particular job at that time, which seems odd. There hasnt been a single club that has approached me.

Anyone?

I asked because I'm in a pretty hopeless situation, but these messages seem a slight light in the darkness:

I'm at a club at the lowest level of my native country (4th tier), and have been for 4 years without any prices (finished every season far above expectations, but no promotions and such). I'm a bit bored at the club and would like to get to another club.

Now I do get some messages saying I am among the candidates for a certain job (never the ideal candidate, but among the (usually four) outsiders). It struck me that I'm only mentioned for clubs of 2 leagues up from mine, and even one time a club at the highest level that was in 4th position at that time and heading for a UEFA-spot. That seemed pretty odd in itself, but the strangest thing is that when these messages concern clubs of my leauge or one level higher, I'm never mentioned as a candidate for the job. So at the level in which I have proven myself a capable manager (13th, 6th, 6th, 2nd place finish respectively, expectations always bottom of the table) there is no interest in my managerskills, and neither at a slight level higher. But two or three levels up I'm considered for some jobs. At least thats what the messages say. Am I crazy of is that the world upsidedown?

I would imagine lets say a BSP-manager that finished above expectations a couple of seasons might be interesting for a D2-club, but more interesting for another BSP-club, and even more interesting for a BSN/S-club that has ambitions to move up. A D1-club would be far less interested I guess, but it seems FM thinks otherwise..

Come to think of it, I have never in 10 years of FM had a spontaneous job offer from a club lower than my level at that time. And to be honest: I'd love to get one. I see it's impossible at this time, as I'm in the bottom league of my country, but still.

I think there should be far more clubs offering jobs to managers, especially the ones that fear (or let) their managers leave at end of contract.

Just like I'd like to see a club telling me in februari that 4 years have been good (but not very successfull), but that it's time for a fresh start with another manager at the helm. And that I wont be getting another contract in summer and am free to start applying for a new job to start when my contract rus out (but they'd hope I'll be proffessional enough to finish my reign in style).

I'm on a N/A €0,- amateur contract for 4 seasons now, so there's no compensation issue.

I have tried earlier in my save to resign and start applying to jobs. It took a full season of 'apply to all-holiday' for the first club to offer me a contract. At the lowest level of my native country..

Guest nik1313

i have been approached by manu in fm2010 to replace sir alex due to his retirement without previous applying:cool:

Never happened to me... The only time I was linked to a job I got the contract offer the next day and there was no option to join later...

Sadly the manager "market" is the weakest part of the FM series... plain horrid to be honest.

There's no point in signing contracts, as the only way to change club is due to jumping ship when another manager gets the boot or resigns. Terrible stuff, hard to believe FM can have such quarter-assed key features...

Archived