African Regens

I sent my scouts to Africa for years now, they never end up finding any bright talent. How do you guys find regens from africa? I checked out the best in my savegame, they always get sold for like 30k from some african club to europe. So its not an option to just search for the most valuable african youngsters I guess...

And which african clubs have the best youth academies? Some clubs you always check out for new regens?

I sent my scouts to Africa for years now, they never end up finding any bright talent. How do you guys find regens from africa? I checked out the best in my savegame, they always get sold for like 30k from some african club to europe. So its not an option to just search for the most valuable african youngsters I guess...

And which african clubs have the best youth academies? Some clubs you always check out for new regens?

you gotta load the african players when starting a new game. That way you get a lot of them each year and you can just scout them the nromal way

Loading the african players is kinda pointless if he wants regens.

I scout the players when they are created, bit timeconsuming but why whait until others find them too?

Though my scouts usually get some talent from Africa, so maybe your reputation is too high for your scouts to think the kids are of any use for you

you gotta load the african players when starting a new game. That way you get a lot of them each year and you can just scout them the nromal way

welll even if we don't load African players, once in a while there should be some player from Africa...

I scouted a five star regen from South Africa. Richard Jacobs his name was. I agreed a £55k deal to sign him but he was refused a work permit. He then signed for Ajax. At 21 he has a PA of 197 and a CA of 174. Absolutely terrible stats though. 4 for jumping for example, for a centre back.

I don't have anything loaded from Africa and get a decent load of regens. On my current save with At. Madrid i have a Nigerian striker named Obioma Oliseh who i bought from some Romanian club who had bought him from Africa. Thats how most of the time i see these regens through other teams in more than like eastern european teams buyin them first.

Obioma Oliseh is sensational, scored 150 goals so far and counting. Would put a screen shot up but don't have a clue how to do it.

EDIT. Oh yeah i also have a top class Senegalese right winger who go's by the name of Amadou Diop.

i signed a left winger from ajax ct for 20k and he was my 1st choice for the next 8 seasons. none of the players are really valued, u just need to search teams manually and hope you stumble across 1.

Where do you look for regens? The biggest clubs of countries like Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria? And do you scout all the players available?

I don't have anything loaded from Africa and get a decent load of regens. On my current save with At. Madrid i have a Nigerian striker named Obioma Oliseh who i bought from some Romanian club who had bought him from Africa. Thats how most of the time i see these regens through other teams in more than like eastern european teams buyin them first.

Yeah, the eastern european teams seem to have some decent african scouts, same in my savegame. Thats my favourite african regen :-) First choice cb for the last five seasons...

josephmoroprofileattrib.png

No substitute for manually searching, then getting scout reports for any you like the look of.

The Newgen dates - chronological list is handy, so you know roughly when to start looking each year.

I usually begin by looking at each of the nations. I'll check the U21 and U19 teams, then I look through the clubs listed in the country overview screen for each nation.

Had a great regen from Ghana on one save, world class sorta stuff but unfortunately haven't had many come through apart from him. I think it has to do with active leagues as I get heaps of regens in active leagues i'm running and hardly any in the non-active ones. Scouts assigned to africa generally return a couple of players per year vs in europe/south america of hundreds.

I've got a CM from Mali that is just amazing, I've actually had good luck finding gems from Africa on 11. I have a really solid ST from Kenya and another CM from Nigeria. If I remember correctly my scouts found them, but I also check the U-21's for most of the nations.

Anyway for the benefit of the OP (and anyone else really), here's a list of the most common African clubs to produce regens, so just check and scout these clubs regularly...

Democratic Republic of Congo: TP Mazembe

Ghana: Kotoko

Ivory Coast: ASEC

Nigeria: Kano Pillars, Heartland

Cameroon: Coton Sport

Obviously you can go through the 'major clubs' section on the international side screen as well, but from my experience, the clubs I listed produce the most (especially ASEC and Kotoko). Also monitor French clubs as they produce a lot of African regens too.

i find going onto a major african nation (ghana, nigeria, south africa etc.) then going through the top 3 cubs in that nation works, its how i found 2 brilliant egyptians from zamelek one was a DM with world class attributes at the age of 17.

Would it be right to say, having an African coach on your books would increase your knowledge of an African nation and increase the chances of finding one?

Yes, any member of the backroom staff with an African nationality, or African knowledge, will help. As for scouts, I never have more than one scout of any single nationality. The more nationalities and knowledge they have, the better standard searches and scout searches will be.

If you load a large database you will get far more regens.

example - Small database, run for about 12 years, Pakistani regens - 0

Large database, going now 1 and a half years, Pakistani regens - 10+

In addition, America manages to produce players that (for some) aren't American, mostly Asian, and I've got a Bhutanese, Divehi, Burmese, Bangladeshi and my first Northern Mariana -nese (?) regen.

But you will also get regens from clubs in that country - Pakistan, Afghanistan, Djibouti (!).

Downloading and running African leagues is the way to go. They're out there - search for one by a certain FuryG.

some of my best regens have been of african origin!

as mentioned before, i tend to find them floating about in Scandinavian/eastern european teams...and you can get them for pretty much peanuts!

they can be quite difficult to get work permits though...but luckily, the majority generate at 18 years old making it easier to get one (plus have better stats :thup: )

plus, on one of my saves DR Congo became an african powerhouse and made it to the semis of the WC in about 2022 due to the amount of quality regens that came through!

plus, on one of my saves DR Congo became an african powerhouse and made it to the semis of the WC in about 2022 due to the amount of quality regens that came through!

i could make a really bad pun out of this but its best i don't :p

There always seems to be a few world class African regens floating around at some point on my saves. I've currently got a Malawian international called Ben Mwanza (83 goals in 84 appearances for Malawi) in my Sheff Wed team. I didn't get him cheap (£25m) but Sunderland (who I purchased him from) got him for just 80k from Bullets FC.

There always seems to be a few world class African regens floating around at some point on my saves. I've currently got a Malawian international called Ben Mwanza (83 goals in 84 appearances for Malawi) in my Sheff Wed team. I didn't get him cheap (£25m) but Sunderland (who I purchased him from) got him for just 80k from Bullets FC.

Sunderland made a few bob then!

Archived