Roma and my scouts tricked me

My scout recommended me an exciting young 17 year old regen striker from Roma. He said the player would cost between 750k and 1mil. So I made a bid, and after some negotiating we agreed upon a 975k fee. I offered him a contract and everything looked fine. however, I checked on my transfer centre and the bid said 1.7m! What the heck?! It says I have to pay a compensation of 1.7m instead of the 975k Roma ACCEPTED from me! How can it do that? The game is lying and cheating me! :mad:

What's going on here? How come my 975k fee went up to 1.7m?

I'm not sure if that 'compensation' comes out of your transfer budget or not. Its like if you sign a player with a say £5mil extra after 30 game clause, you need to have the transfer budget to pay for that as if it was coming out with the full price but it doesn't actually go to them.

So if you then buy another player that reduces your budget to say 500k the money still goes to the other team in the end, it just doesn't come from your budget because its not there. It may work the same way?

I'm sure it will effect your finances somehow, like how much of a budget you get next year or how the board reacts if you ask for more money.

The 1.7mil you have to pay extra is the compensation you play for his schooling and for the fact you sign him while he's under 18.

Why did no one (Roma or my scouts) inform me of this when I made the bid. My 975k was accepted and I was expecting to pay that, but suddenly it turned to 1.7m when I offered him the contract. Something's not right here.

The 1.7mil you have to pay extra is the compensation you play for his schooling and for the fact you sign him while he's under 18.

You sure on this? I always thought a club only got compensation if they don't accept a bid formally for a players contract, and are compensated in lieu of losing him unwittingly.

I've never had this issue and I've bought players without this issue arising, so unless I've completely missed this it feels like something ain't right about the OP's scenario.

You sure on this? I always thought a club only got compensation if they don't accept a bid formally for a players contract, and are compensated in lieu of losing him unwittingly.

I've never had this issue and I've bought players without this issue arising, so unless I've completely missed this it feels like something ain't right about the OP's scenario.

im sure its a wind up :p

Why did no one (Roma or my scouts) inform me of this when I made the bid. My 975k was accepted and I was expecting to pay that, but suddenly it turned to 1.7m when I offered him the contract. Something's not right here.

I´m pretty sure on this one, IIRC it should say so somewhere on the screen that you have to pay this compensation. For example when in RL Dirk Kuyt went from Feyenoord to Liverpool, champagne glasses were raised at Quick Boys, his amateur club. Part of the transferfee was the compensation for schooling which Liverpool had to pay to Feyenoord, Feyenoord payed to Utrecht and Utrecht payed to Quick Boys.

They used that money to build the Dirk Kuyt stands and a new sponsor home.

See http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248906-Compensation-and-scouts. for more information.

It is stated on the contract offer screen, how much you need to pay in compensation to the former club. But it is very small writing at the bottom of the screen, right above the buttons to confirm your contract offer to the player.

fm11%20compensation.png

Yes, it only appeared on the contract screen, but why did my scouts tell me to make an offer to Roma for 700k-1m? Roma even said fine and accepted my bid but when I offered the kid a contract I have to pay 1.7m? What? That is really misleading :thdn:

Compensation is not part of negotiations at all ... it is an amount set by UEFA/FIFA (I forget which), which you have to pay for young players under 24, to pay their mother clubs for the training they did while he was a youngster. Your scout is only telling you what he thinks Roma wants to charge you for him.

Last I checked, if a bid is accepted by the club itself then no compensation is due (since it's an actual transfer)

If you sign a player due to being out of contract (or before he signs a professional one) before the age of 24, then you have to pay compensation

Last I checked, if a bid is accepted by the club itself then no compensation is due (since it's an actual transfer)

If you sign a player due to being out of contract (or before he signs a professional one) before the age of 24, then you have to pay compensation

Isn't that dependent on whether the transfer is national or international?? ... or is the whole compensation for international transfers only a matter between the selling club and the player's parent club??

As a whole, any transfer is a matter between clubs and only if rules are breached should an FA or ruling body be involved

If the player has been approached directly (which can be done in accordance to FIFA rules only if a contract is nearing competition or a professional contract has never been signed), then a tribunal decides the fee if the player is under 24, and the players current club/academy has had no official input in the move

Sounds like a bug as you only pay compensation if you approach to sign. If you make an offer for a player you shouldn't pay compensation as you are buying them as opposed to just signing them. Sounds like worth raising in the bugs forum to me

Archived