I've just lost forty-seven nil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DammBDF:

Bug or not, I would sack you if I were your chairman. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What for? Losing 47 nil, or taking a holiday before a match. icon_biggrin.gif

Is it just me, or does this show up what must be a worrying bug in the match engine... that one of the key rules of the game hasn't been programmed in at all... surely there couldn't be a kick off if there were no opposition players?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

What bothers me is, the score is 47-0 and there are only 46 goals scored if you tot up the goalscorers.

I find this very suspicious and don't think it's a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen this a few times on the forums, I know it sounds silly but I suspect the other goal was an own goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

What bothers me is, the score is 47-0 and there are only 46 goals scored if you tot up the goalscorers.

I've seen this a few times on the forums, I know it sounds silly but I suspect the other goal was an own goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How?

I still think this isn't a "bug" as such, rather something caused by human action.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

I've seen this a few times on the forums, I know it sounds silly but I suspect the other goal was an own goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How?

I still think this isn't a "bug" as such, rather something caused by human action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if human action can cause something like this then its a bug isn't it?

you have to stop the user from doing stupid things.

i'd like to know what human action it is though so that i can actually watch a game like that. see who takes the kick offs icon_biggrin.gif

How?

I still think this isn't a "bug" as such, rather something caused by human action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A weird string of text appears, like '< gyi565 > own goal' on the scoresheet. People have been reporting this problem for the last few versions of the game, I'm sure one of the testers said they have never seen it and have been unable to recreate it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

How?

if human action can cause something like this then its a bug isn't it?

you have to stop the user from doing stupid things.

i'd like to know what human action it is though so that i can actually watch a game like that. see who takes the kick offs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From previous descriptions of this bug, I believe that the ball moves around as if being kicked by invisible players.

could this be something to do with the invisible wall situation some of us had with previuos games?

i remember luis garcia took a straight long range shot which was going ever so slightly wide before bouncing 90 degrees off an invisible wall about a foot from the goal line and then instantly hitting another invisible wall bouncing off at 90 degrees and going into the top corner icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

could this be something to do with the invisible wall situation some of us had with previuos games?

i remember luis garcia took a straight long range shot which was going ever so slightly wide before bouncing 90 degrees off an invisible wall about a foot from the goal line and then instantly hitting another invisible wall bouncing off at 90 degrees and going into the top corner icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that was just a display issue, what you were seeing wasn't actually happening.

Or am I thinking of the Matrix?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TL:

You'd think a team would win more than 47 - 0 if they were playing against no opposition, poor result for Boro IMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did manage to get 14 shots OFF target.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george777:

47-0 is a goal every 2 minuites, what were they doing every 1 and a half minutes after they scored? celebrating? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably waiting for the wind to blow the ball into their side of the field so it's in play.

Archived