What would you do?

I hate when this game puts these decisions on me!

I am Bayern, and I have as good as chance as I ever had to win the UCL. I lost last year in the finals.

I am currently in the June transfer window and Milan has put in a 30 million bid for my top striker, who is a 25 year old stud who scores 35 a year. I have 2 more than capable stikers behind him (Podolski and Keibling 30 yrs old), but they are slightly less class than he is.

If I suffer an injury I would be in big trouble.

Question is....do I cash in right now and probably risk my UCL glory, or do I wait it out until the July window and hope for the same type of offer?

Help me!

i assume you mean january transfer window.

there is always a price that you would sell a player for negotiate to that amount and then you win either way. i would start looking for another striker now just incase. but if you are early on in the window there will probably be more offers. and make sure to look for players who will be cup tied for CL

Do you have to sell?

If not I would solely rely on whether I could get a replacement who is better than the guy you have. I only sell if it helps improving my squad overall. Otherwise I don't see any point in selling. Even then, if you are after the CL title expect the replacement to be cup-tied.

I'm also in a pickle.

i have Iniesta, with Joao Moutinho, but then...

I agree to buy Alfaro for 9 Million. A fair price for a good Spanish International.

Then Thiago Neves comes along. I can buy him for 10 mil.

THEN my interest in Gerrard comes to fruit with Liverpool agreeing 17 mil.He is good,but at 32 can hardly last much longer.

So here I am, with 5 good attacking midfielders,and god knows how to choose.

Originally posted by Dar2000:

You could always accept the bid now but set the transfer date for the end of the season...therefore keeping the player until July and getting the 30 mill

I agree with this its exactly what went through my mind

A player is only worth the cost of his replacement. If you have '2 more than capable" replacements then £30 million seems like a fair deal.

Does your club need the money? If so I'd sell him with a clause to release him at the end of the season.

Archived