Reserve Games - why don't I have any?

lam

Hey,

Every year with FM I have to go through the rigmarol of setting up additional games for my reserves teams (mainly because I put a lot of players in there), and I have to say - I hate it!

This year however, there are NO games for my reserves! None, zippo, nada, zip, zero, less than one........... how come?

Is there something I am missing to get games? My assistant manager is setup to organise them, so I dont see where I am going wrong.

Regards

LAM

What league you managing in if it is Socttish they dont have reserve fixtures anymore like real life. What I do is arrange so many friendlies per month to keep my reserve players match fit

I am Spurs funnily enough.......

Most of my reserve team are now out on loan, but its my injured players and out of form players that worry me.

Oh well, I'll just confirm the fixtures next seasn, though, it would be nice to see an option allowing the Assistant Manager to set up X Y Z games per week/month at the click of one button..... after all, that is all that it would take from a manager to him to ask him to do that.

Regards

LAM

Depends if your club have entered into the reserve league.

I had a similar situation. I holidayed the first season then took over stockport who had been relegated from league two to blue square prem. I had no reserve games for the that season. When i got promoted i had the invitation to join a reserve league which had other non-league teams reserves in. Not sure if it's a bug somewhere along the line or just stockport rejected the invitation before i took over.

Spurs are a bit of anomaly, as one of (if not the only) Premier League club to not be entered in the reserve leagues. You will get the invite for the second season, and all subsequent seasons. Spurs do not play in a reserve league IRL.

I am Spurs funnily enough.......

Most of my reserve team are now out on loan, but its my injured players and out of form players that worry me.

Oh well, I'll just confirm the fixtures next seasn, though, it would be nice to see an option allowing the Assistant Manager to set up X Y Z games per week/month at the click of one button..... after all, that is all that it would take from a manager to him to ask him to do that.

Regards

LAM

Yes, I had a feeling you were Spurs. Basically Harry decided that there would be no reserve fixtures this season because they were not convenient or something or other. Quite a few players are already on season long loans and can't be recalled. It's easy to send the others on loan, and that is what i did. I didn't have one reserve player. But during the off season you will have an option on whether to do u'18/reserve fixtures for 2011/2012.

It doesn't bode well for the players who need match practise but there we go. Alternativley you can go into the pre game editor and tick the reserve fixture box, if you don't mind restarting the game.

Ah.... I can live with it for one season..... annoyingly though, we dont have any English clubs on our Affiliated lists either..... gonna have to offer the whole team out and create friendlies for when I move other players into the Reserves.......

LAM

Off topic here, but I thought I'd throw this tip out:

I tick all my youth players to be available for the reserves. That way they get double game experience. Together with the unfit first teamers and returning injured, I can usually cobble together a starting X1, if not full complement of substitutes.

Ph,

I do the same..........

Robert,

I normaly do this in additiona to any reserve fixtures they have...... I just, for me, the most boring part of the game........... to many screens, to many dates, to many confirmations.......

Getting the same with Wrexham.

Don't know if they have a reserve team in a competition irl, but i do get an invite.

Accepting it does nothing though. No matches at all.

In season 20014/15 with Wrexham and despite agreeing to go in reserve league every season still no luck

In season 20014/15 with Wrexham and despite agreeing to go in reserve league every season still no luck

I had this issue with Swansea, apparently the Welsh clubs only get reserve fixtures if you have all league down to Conference North/South selected. Haven't been able to confirm this is correct though.

I had this issue with Swansea, apparently the Welsh clubs only get reserve fixtures if you have all league down to Conference North/South selected. Haven't been able to confirm this is correct though.

I was playing in the lowest playable league. Can't remember if it was north or south, and i've started a new game after that.

So for me, that was not the case.

Did get the invitation, but they never got a fixture list despite accepting the invitation.

Yeah, I'm managing Kettering and we have no Reserve fixtures currently. So what I do is arrange a bunch of friendlies spaced out roughly 4 or 5 days from one another. My main motivation is to bring first team players back to match fitness but also to help develop younger players. Remember that arranging for tours and cups can be a nice change of pace for your reserves as well.

However it would be nice if I could just delegate the responsibility of arranging reserve friendlies to my assistant...

Archived