Can't get a job, why?

I started in New Zealand and have won the league 3 times and the continental competition the O-League twice. I cannot get a job anywhere I resigned and applied at Wrexham who are 15th in the Blue Square Prem. They rejected me and went with some bloke called Branston I have a national rep and he is an unproven manager. I understand that my national reputation is probably national in New Zealand and not in England, I looked on a scouting program and the stats were as follows.

Branston

Home rep - 2391

Current rep - 2391

World rep - 532

CA - 109

PA 130

Me

Home rep - 4331

Current rep - 4342

World rep - 2838

CA - 150

PA - 200

I am not sure how all these numbers are used within FM but why can't I get a job at any club anywhere. On FM10 I won about the same and managed to move to the A-League very easily, I understand maybe I have not been in England so do not have any reputation there but my manager is English and when I started the game on the first day I turned down a job in league two now my interest in any team is laughed off.

How much can I win in New Zealand before I can move to any country anywhere?

I've noticed this, when I resigned from Clermont Foot 64 with a 'Continental' reputation it took me 6/7 months to get a job, with all sorts rejecting me. Then out of the blue, I was offered Norwich and Parma, both were bottom of EPL and Serie A in January. No contest, I'm at Parma.

All I can advise is to hang in there and apply for everything. You will get offered something, just depends how long you want to stay on holidaying the game.

Am thinking if you have CA of 150, then that might be way higher than Blue Square Prem team would be looking for.

That's the trouble though I saved last season and holidayed and was rejected for every job didn't get a single offer in 4 years on holiday. So I reloaded went back and won the league and continental competition again, no matter what level I apply at I get rejected. I am starting to think it might be impossible to get a job anywhere.

If I am over qualified how come I get rejected from jobs at every level.

In last 10 minutes I have been rejected by Chivas, Leyton Orient, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Spurs, Wolves, Deportivo, Celta and Espanyol.

What do you think it would be best to do, start again or carry on in New Zealand for a while.

I think the high rep so low clubs will not approach is an excuse unless FM11 is very different to FM10. As a world class manager I left Real Madrid to manage Velez as a world class manager, still world class I moved to Seattle and Ismaily in Egypt. Those clubs have a much much lower rep than Real Madrid.

What do you think it would be best to do, start again or carry on in New Zealand for a while.

I think the high rep so low clubs will not approach is an excuse unless FM11 is very different to FM10. As a world class manager I left Real Madrid to manage Velez as a world class manager, still world class I moved to Seattle and Ismaily in Egypt. Those clubs have a much much lower rep than Real Madrid.

Its a bug. Me and many other people have got the same problem. We just have to hope that it is fixed in the patch.

It is almost imposible to play a carrear game unless you wish to stay at the same club for your entire game.

That means I might have to go back to FM10 to do a decent career game where I start at the bottom and work my way up. I wonder if I had gone to Hereford in England league two first and worked my way to the EPL I would have been able to go to New Zealand later on in my save.

I've just won the Swedish Premier League three times in a row, the Swedish Cup twice and the Swedish Super Cup twice with Malmö FF in the first three seasons (started 2011). I wanted a new challenge and resigned and started applying for jobs. Now I get laughed at by clubs such as Hertha Berlin (German 2nd divison), Aachen (German 2nd division), Chievo (last in Serie A) and so on.

I started as a 'professional footballer', and my reputation is now world class. I can't understand why these clubs laugh at me when I declare my interest. They also appoint managers with a lot less reputation than me.

I've just won the Swedish Premier League three times in a row, the Swedish Cup twice and the Swedish Super Cup twice with Malmö FF in the first three seasons (started 2011). I wanted a new challenge and resigned and started applying for jobs. Now I get laughed at by clubs such as Hertha Berlin (German 2nd divison), Aachen (German 2nd division), Chievo (last in Serie A) and so on.

I started as a 'professional footballer', and my reputation is now world class. I can't understand why these clubs laugh at me when I declare my interest. They also appoint managers with a lot less reputation than me.

I know, its a worse bug than the transfer one imo. How can you posibly have a long term carear game?

AcidBurn, I noticed that in my game, the New Zealand Premiership is rated 0.5 star. To get another job, you have to apply to another league that's rated 0.5 star. That's how I got my job in the Yi League, since it was rated 0.5 star. I'm in the Jia League, the league is rated 1 star, so I were to leave for another league, it would have to be 1 star.

Also as mentioned before it might be down to nationality...

If I am over qualified how come I get rejected from jobs at every level.

In last 10 minutes I have been rejected by Chivas, Leyton Orient, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Spurs, Wolves, Deportivo, Celta and Espanyol.

The game does seem to limit your movement at times. Saying that though I feel your choices mentioned previously were a little too adventurous for a New Zeland manager, irrelevant of titles won.

All of those teams are high division teams. They are all high reputation teams that would only consider a top division manager. Even Leyton Orient would expect a League manager (League 2) at the least.

The game does seem to limit your movement at times. Saying that though I feel your choices mentioned previously were a little too adventurous for a New Zeland manager, irrelevant of titles won.

All of those teams are high division teams. They are all high reputation teams that would only consider a top division manager. Even Leyton Orient would expect a League manager (League 2) at the least.

I know that they are too big to have me manage them they were just the ones I automatically applied for while on holiday, plus some people posted saying I was too high reputation to get the jobs in the Blue Square Prem. The point of the thread is that my world reputation is a hell of a lot more than people getting hired before me and on FM10 I won the same amount and I was able to move to clubs a lot better than Wrexham, Barrow and Southend who are all in the lower half of the Blue Square Prem. Also how come I could get a job at league two when I started the game? Now I cannot get any job despite having a much higher rep than when I started. No matter how much I win I will not be able to move clubs, this is a major fault as I will not be able to play my journey man game like I did on FM10.

How does that game limit your movement?? The issue may have been highlighted by the plights of the OP, but please don't think it relates to just NZ managers. I won two league titles, a Euro cup and 4 domestic cups with Hibs. I won the European Championship with Scotland. I quit, Hibs and still cannot get a job higher than League 1. Now try and explain that one or make logical reasons for it.

Question is will it be sorted out? Have SI even acknowledged it or has anyone posted in the bugs forum?

I posted in bugs forum, but was not given a reply. Someone else did post it IIRC and got a reply, but a comment in here would certainly put my mind at ease, otherwise what is the point of waiting for the patch? May as well sell the game now.

It's an obvious problem for journeyman-career-games. I had the same here. Tried quitting the old job at dutch 4th tier, but that didn't seem to work either. Went on holiday applying to all jobs available and after a couple of weeks and numerous failed applications (at the lowest of leagues even) was offered a job at Thatcham Town FC from the Southern League First Division Southwest (level 8, the lowest loaded playable league) and decided to take it as it seemed it wasn't getting any better..

Nice enough club though, I'm having a tough job getting worthwile players and that's the way I like it ('cause I often find FM a wee bit too easy). I just wonder how on earth I'm getting out of england in a couple of seasons. It seems I have to get several promotions to even have a slight chance at a foreign club at the lowest level from here in the english footballdungeon (like norwegian 3rd or german 4th tier)..

Archived