FMH 2011 Iphone out friday??

Heres my theory...

Three days before championship manager 2011 was released for iphone, the 2010 version was withdrew from the app store (this was a wednesday).

Just checked to read Football manager 2010 Iphone reviews and both the full and lite version have been removed and no longer downloadable. i reckon we could see this game tomorrow or friday.....

I could be wrong but im very optimistic!!

• SI Staff

I believe the removal is due to how the licences work for each version of the game; however I'm just a humble developer and don't know the full details.

Its not a 'secret' that FMH iPhone 2011 is on its way; however while it will be available before christmas I'm fairly certain it won't be out this week.

In this case then will something be done about the 2010 game not appearing in the app store? The reason I ask is more out of curiosity that if 2011 is not due out this week then should 2010 be put back in till 2011 is ready to go? That way SI can make some more sales off of 2010 before 2011 is released.

• SI Staff
Hi, any news if there will be an iPad version? Also can I ask why all the secrecy about the release date? It's a shame there is no information on what could potentially be the game the iPad is made for!

Its not that we're trying to be secretive - its just that we don't know a concrete release date as its somewhat dependant on Apples scheduling and when they approve the product; as such its likely it'll ship or be announced fairly soon after we know for certain whats going on - until then we don't want to second guess things and risk disappointing people by missing a release date.

PS - With regards to an iPad version; its something I'm investigating - but won't be for quite a while yet, at the moment imho the most important thing is to ensure the iPhone version is as good as possible.

PS - With regards to an iPad version; its something I'm investigating - but won't be for quite a while yet, at the moment imho the most important thing is to ensure the iPhone version is as good as possible.

From a selfish point of view, I wish you'd prioritise the iPad version. I play FM11 on my old laptop but its so complex these days I cant get into it. I find FM on the iphone too fiddly, and the graphics arent great when scaled up on my iPad.

An iPad version, that looks great but isnt as complex as the full version of FM11 would be perfect!

I`ll assume that there is no diffrence in available leauges betwen iphone and psp version? Is there any future plans for extra leagues like maybe any of the scandinavian leagues or are they not considered good enough?

• SI Staff
I`ll assume that there is no diffrence in available leauges betwen iphone and psp version? Is there any future plans for extra leagues like maybe any of the scandinavian leagues or are they not considered good enough?

The leagues are identical in both games at present.

I'd love to add in some additional leagues, unfortunately the dual complexity of a very small development team (circa 3 people across the two handheld products versus 20 odd on the PC title) combined with the usual legal/licencing issues have restricted us in doing so at present.

• SI Staff
Surely we can have some screenshots now Marc????

If I could post em you'd have had them weeks ago mate .... sorry, I'm just as impatient as you are in that regard; however if I start meddling with promotion and PR for the games then I'd have to let the PR department start meddling with game design ..... fairs fair 'n all ;)

So, the game has been submitted to Apple, you are currently waiting for it to be processed and accepted by Apple. You are not allowed to disclose any detailed information about the game, nor can you post pictures due to a crazy promotion department.

Marc, if I were you, I would have gone completely insane by now! Are you not feeling insane yet?

However, it will hopefully be out soon and all the FMHi Players can have their fun.

So, the game has been submitted to Apple, you are currently waiting for it to be processed and accepted by Apple. You are not allowed to disclose any detailed information about the game, nor can you post pictures due to a crazy promotion department.

Marc, if I were you, I would have gone completely insane by now! Are you not feeling insane yet?

However, it will hopefully be out soon and all the FMHi Players can have their fun.

The game has not been submitted to Apple! The game will be out around christmas time/new year

• SI Staff

I can't confirm (or deny) that the game is in submission with apple ... as usual ;)

And yes it is frustrating waiting, especially as I'm very enthusiastic about the game and rather impatient to be able to talk to people about it.

Marc, Marc, Marc... are you annoyed yet at people asking the same bloody questions over and over again?

Leave the man alone, no wonder the game isn't out yet. He spends half his time telling you it isn't. Jesus. He said Christmas, so let's wait, eh?

I can't confirm (or deny) that the game is in submission with apple ... as usual ;)

And yes it is frustrating waiting, especially as I'm very enthusiastic about the game and rather impatient to be able to talk to people about it.

The game HAS to be in submission! I read on another site that the last day for developers to submit apps they wanted released this year was last Thursday.

The game HAS to be in submission! I read on another site that the last day for developers to submit apps they wanted released this year was last Thursday.

Yeah it's widely known so Sega might as well confirm it as they're promising a pre-Xmas release. If it's not been submitted then it's 2011.

Yeah it's widely known so Sega might as well confirm it as they're promising a pre-Xmas release. If it's not been submitted then it's 2011.

Exactly! I mean what are they waiting for? It's obvious where they are at even if they say they are waiting to find out. It's obviously submitted and is going through apple QA and awaiting approval. So why can't they do a pre-release announcement,screenshots,etc.

I feel bad for Marc too that he is not able to do these things when obviously now is the time to do them. He is one of only a few links to the public that Sega has got on the forums and yet he can only tell us a little bit

Weird huh?

• SI Staff
Yeah, it's definitely a possibility, what with the PSP version being delayed due to a bug. Although, Marc is an awesome developer and shouldn't make the same mistakes. ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

PS - Hope considering your location you're a Brighton supporter .... :D

• SI Staff
Can't you even tell us some of the features added to the game? I mean, even if Apple rejects the app and you guys have to take a few features out to get it approved, I think we all would understand as long as you are upfront about it.

If it was down to me I'd have blabbed about all the features, posted screenshots and probably already be playing an interactive game where you chaps help me pick my Brighton squad and I post results ....

Unfortunately its not down to me and I've been told that information on the game is embargoed at present - once I'm able to I'll be blabbing away like an school girl hopped up on caffeine ..... however until then I'm sworn to secrecy, sorry.

If it was down to me I'd have blabbed about all the features, posted screenshots and probably already be playing an interactive game where you chaps help me pick my Brighton squad and I post results ....

Unfortunately its not down to me and I've been told that information on the game is embargoed at present - once I'm able to I'll be blabbing away like an school girl hopped up on caffeine ..... however until then I'm sworn to secrecy, sorry.

Oh I know, and I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying it's odd that the only info we've gotten is "Before Christmas" and here it is 2 weeks before Christmas and we have no idea about the game. In fact, the only info that we have is "Before Christmas". I'm just saying it's hard to get excited about a game that you know next to nothing about. I just don't see a reason for the hush hush. I mean, I understand the release date thing since you guys have to submit it to Apple and let them figure it out, but it doesn't make sense that you guys aren't allowed to even talk about what's in the game. I mean, you could even put a disclaimer on it that says "some features may be rejected by Apple" and we would all understand. Maybe I'm just getting antsy waiting for this game. There's only so many times I can win the ECC with Arsenal's 2009 squad (since they can't do it in real life apparently).

I'm excited about the release. As you say, we now next to nothing about the game except the "before Christmas" release. Its a buzz checking the App store every morning to see if its their. But if the games anything like fmhi 10 it'll be worth the wait.

I think that's what everyone is saying Marc is that we understand the release date issue it's just not making any sense that Sega won't talk about the game. I mean I could understand that if the game was still in development but it's less than 2 weeks till Christmas,the promised deadline for release.it just doesn't make sense. Plus it will hurt the game's sales if no Pre-release information or public promotion gets done.

Right just needed a bit of information really,

im getting an ipod touch 4th generation 8GB for Christmas,

Which version of football manager handheld do i download the Iphone one or the Ipad one im a bit confused about it all haha

Football Manager is the first thing i want as soon as it get it!!!

I hope it gets released in time!!

Cheers in advance, :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

PS - Hope considering your location you're a Brighton supporter .... :D

Haha, I am indeed a Brighton supporter, although Arsenal is my childhood and primary team, Brighton is still a big part of my life! :D

Hoping to get season tickets for Falmer, because that would be awesome. Are you a season ticket holder yourself then?

• SI Staff
Haha, I am indeed a Brighton supporter, although Arsenal is my childhood and primary team, Brighton is still a big part of my life! :D

Hoping to get season tickets for Falmer, because that would be awesome. Are you a season ticket holder yourself then?

Unfortunately I'm not a season ticket holder at present simply because I live in Florida and its a heck of a commute ;)

I do try and catch as many matches as is practical - both on television (its been fantastic so far over here, we've had 4 televised matches so far this season thanks to the Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN) and when time permits in person (last match I managed to get to was the Woking FA Cup replay which coincided with one of my trips into the office thankfully ... fantastic match :D).

I'm already plotting to try and get hold of a ticket for our first match at the new stadium ..... fingers crossed, I still miss the Goldstone myself as I used to live just down the road from it in Hove (Mortimer Road) when I was a student.

• SI Staff
The app will be the iPhone one but for FMH there isn't a iPad specific app so there is only the iPhone one.

But it will work fine on an iPad (and indeed I play a LOT on mine) - it looks great and plays very fast on an iPad imho.

Unfortunately I'm not a season ticket holder at present simply because I live in Florida and its a heck of a commute ;)

I do try and catch as many matches as is practical - both on television (its been fantastic so far over here, we've had 4 televised matches so far this season thanks to the Fox Soccer Channel and ESPN) and when time permits in person (last match I managed to get to was the Woking FA Cup replay which coincided with one of my trips into the office thankfully ... fantastic match :D).

I'm already plotting to try and get hold of a ticket for our first match at the new stadium ..... fingers crossed, I still miss the Goldstone myself as I used to live just down the road from it in Hove (Mortimer Road) when I was a student.

Yeah, while I'm 16 and too young to really remember Goldstone, we regularly go to the site of the stadium (it's a retail park now) and have 5-10 people playing football in the car park. When the security comes, we always 'never realise' that it is no longer a stadium! :p

The new stadium really will be fantastic though, and even more if Brighton were to get promoted to the Championship (although we seem to be lacking quality without LuaLua)

Probably wont happen, cause of the varity of the phones that comes with android. Some of the best models like HTC Desire family would probably run it though.

I hate the fact that Football Manager 2010 Handheld were withdrawn from the iTunes-store. I had already bought it, but needed to redownload the app after buying a new iPhone.

I wanted to play FM2010 HHi badly. But no reason found for the disappearance of the app from the Football Manager homepage nor' Sports Interactive.

Turned to the "enemy" and bought CM2011 as a replacement.

Really hope that FM2011 HHi will be released soon, to get rid of this buggy replacement i got ^^

Hi,

just to shed a little light on announcements and info available... the iPod / iPhone / iPad / iOS whatever you want to call it platform is a weird one for promotion. With a PC / X360 / PS3 game you want to be out there with features, screens, info in advance and getting people excited. You also want to do that with an iOS game, but you can't.

All materials have to be approved by Apple for iOS and unlike Sony and Microsoft (who also approve materials for games on their platforms) Apple will not let you talk about the game, or promote it, ahead of it being approved in the App Store. Their argument is it's not yet approved, so you can't tell people what's in it. As soon as the game is approved you want to make it available. So you can't really tell people in advance whats in there.

Equally, we can't confirm release dates because we can only release it once its been approved. And it get's approved when Apple approve it, not when we say we want it approved.

So there's very little we can say until the game is out, which it now is from midnight, so go look at your App Store from midnight tonight for everything

Thanks

Ben

I'm not sure where you've got your information from but if Apple comprehensively forbid anyone to talk about their games before they have been reviewed and approved then massive iOS gaming sites like TouchArcade and PocketGamer simply wouldn't exist, especially when they preview games in development, sometimes months before their release, from small and big studios alike. Nor would any developer sites or blogs, Facebook Pages and even Twitter accounts.

I swear sometimes SI and (parts of) SEGA seem to live in their own little bubble. I mean come on, even a lot of the games SEGA are porting to the iOS platform from the Saturn/Genesis appear on these sites days, sometimes weeks before their release, which totally contradicts what you are saying and you supposedly work for them.

I'm not sure where you've got your information from but if Apple comprehensively forbid anyone to talk about their games before they have been reviewed and approved then massive iOS gaming sites like TouchArcade and PocketGamer simply wouldn't exist, especially when they preview games in development, sometimes months before their release, from small and big studios alike. Nor would any developer sites or blogs, Facebook Pages and even Twitter accounts.

I swear sometimes SI and (parts of) SEGA seem to live in their own little bubble. I mean come on, even a lot of the games SEGA are porting to the iOS platform from the Saturn/Genesis appear on these sites days, sometimes weeks before their release, which totally contradicts what you are saying and you supposedly work for them.

+1000

I have seen hundreds promos and screenshots of IOS games.Come on guys at SI.You make a great job, but you do not promote it properly.Football Manager Live is the greatest example.It is sad for me

Archived