Board Buys Player = I have no money

I'm at Boavista, and have just been promoted to Liga Orangina (The Portuguese 2nd Tier). Viktor Elm, a Swedish international midfielder, left Heerenveen on a Bosman, and I try to sign him by clicking the 'Interact with Board' button on his transfer/trial screen. So far so good.

Two weeks later, he signs, on a £4,100 per week contract. My wage budget is 10k, and so I am now 3 grand over that, and so I sell/terminate the contracts of a few players to pay for him.

Surely if the board signs him like that, his wage shouldnt count to the wage bill, seeing as I did not sign him? I wouldn't have spent that much on his wages, and now I may have to release a lot of youth players. Boo-hiss.

No offence but where should his wage come from if not your wage budget??

And as you asked the board to sign him then all they are doing is doing the negotiating instead of you as you've asked them to help sign him so would be the same as if you'd done the negotiating yourself (although you may or may not of been able to negotiate a lower wage deal)

No, no. YOU wanted him so badly. That's why asked your board to help out.

Maybe you misunderstand the concept of this new feature. You speak as if the board suddenly went out and bought a player you had no idea about. You told them to do it, buddy.

Why didn't you just try to sign him normally?

It doesn't always show up just when it's an important/expensive signing(relative to your club ambitions), there's a button "interact with the board" on the top right corner when that option is available on the bidding/contract screen.

thanks a lot, will keep an eye out for it :)

in relation to this, a friend of mine tried this and failed, the player signed for a different team, but his budget was then gone? Basically he had 550k, wanted a player worth more, asked the board, they said he is a great player and they will make the arrangments, then a message comes up saying that he signed for another team, his budget was then 0?

Ive tried this twice with Hearts but the request was turned down twice. But it didnt stop my chairman Roman Romanov creating a link with Man City without consulting me and fetching in a rubbish young left back on loan that I have no intention of playing.

Ive tried this twice with Hearts but the request was turned down twice. But it didnt stop my chairman Roman Romanov creating a link with Man City without consulting me and fetching in a rubbish young left back on loan that I have no intention of playing.

did romanov actually confirm the loan deal over your head as well? when i've had a parent club offer me a player i always had the final say

the parent club decides who to loan out, meaning you have no say who you get (although scouting, praising and making a failed attempt at loaning certain players may persuade the parent club to give you that player)

did romanov actually confirm the loan deal over your head as well? when i've had a parent club offer me a player i always had the final say

the parent club decides who to loan out, meaning you have no say who you get (although scouting, praising and making a failed attempt at loaning certain players may persuade the parent club to give you that player)

No all of a sudden I was informed via news that a link had been formed with Man City and a young leftback has agreed to come to the club. I had no say in this

No all of a sudden I was informed via news that a link had been formed with Man City and a young leftback has agreed to come to the club. I had no say in this

This happened a Portsmouth a few years back in real life...our board bought us a 5ft 10 japenese goalkeeper....5ft 10!!

If the keeper is good then height is not a problem. The game of football consists of using your feet not lobbing it up in the air everytime.

If the feature of the board buying someone without your knowledge is included then great. All for that, it adds a different dimension. As for the OP I feel it may be a bug, or the board/agent have taken a backhander.

If the keeper is good then height is not a problem. The game of football consists of using your feet not lobbing it up in the air everytime.

If the feature of the board buying someone without your knowledge is included then great. All for that, it adds a different dimension. As for the OP I feel it may be a bug, or the board/agent have taken a backhander.

Lol - whats the average height of keeper in the top two english leagues. its not less than 6ft

I think we need to understand from SI if this is a feature

Lol - whats the average height of keeper in the top two english leagues. its not less than 6ft

I think we need to understand from SI if this is a feature

The keepers are usually tall due to playing the ball in the air, this is commonplace in the English leagues, at least for lower teams. However height is not an issue. If a keeper is good then he's good.

Casillas is 5ft11 and Barthez was the same height. I would say they are/were pretty good goalies.

can your board take over my club please

Even though it was Man City and a young leftback came on loan without me knowing. The leftback in question stat wise is not that good. I have since approached Man City to try to loan other players and they have turned me down

in relation to this, a friend of mine tried this and failed, the player signed for a different team, but his budget was then gone? Basically he had 550k, wanted a player worth more, asked the board, they said he is a great player and they will make the arrangments, then a message comes up saying that he signed for another team, his budget was then 0?

I had this with Man City. I had a budget of £77m and wanted to sign Robin van Persie. Arsenal wanted £150m so I asked my board to negotiate for me. They agreed a price of 81m. However I only know this because after days of not hearing anything I checked the transfer centre. It appeared that the offer had been made and withdrawn. No problem I'll take my 77m and spend it elsewhere. Except the budget was showing as 0. Surely this isnt right. I've not got the player so I'd expect to have the money, except I don't have that either,

Surely that isn't how this feature is supposed to work!

The keepers are usually tall due to playing the ball in the air, this is commonplace in the English leagues, at least for lower teams. However height is not an issue. If a keeper is good then he's good.

Casillas is 5ft11 and Barthez was the same height. I would say they are/were pretty good goalies.

Bartez - didnt Man Utd drop him as he was so inconsistent?

Archived