Greatest signing so far?

So, we've all played at least a few games on the FM, but what your best signing been so far? Maybe a good player on a free-contract? A cheap 'nobody' who has lit up your league? Or maybe a star quality player living up to his reputation?

Starting as Leicester (my club), I wanted to sign a quality attacking midfielder for little to no money..

I approached Peter Whittingham and offered Cardiff £1.9million for his services which they duly accepted.

First match - a pre-season game against Hinckley, which we won 7-1 (Whittingham scored 4 and missed a penalty!)

I think you will agree, a great signing at first sight..

Your turn.. :)

P.S. Absolutely LOVING FM11 so far, congrats SI! :)

I have signed these players so far that have turned out great players for my Huddersfield side;

1) Sam Sodje - free. :thup:

2) Kerrea Gilbert - free. :thup:

Sam is a solid centre back and he's also fast to say he's 30 odd and kerrea is a solid right back :o

Mines got to be Gareth Bale for a wonderful cheap price of 5.5 mil, i'm playing as money bags Man City and originally got a 17 mil bid rejected, only for spurs to offer him for 5.5 later in the game. Seems odd to get him for such a low price but i aint complaining.

Playing in the Scottish First Division as Morton, I've made 4 signings that have gotten regular playing time:

Nick Ross, midfielder, on loan from Inverness CT. I've had a pile of injuries and he's gotten regular playing time.

Omar Koroma, free from Gambia. Playing a 4-4-2, he's been the third striker, starting 2 of 5 games, and scoring 4 in the last two.

Martin Camano, DC from Argentina. Because of injuries he's been a regular on the back line.

Lionel Djebi-Zadi, DL from France, has been a regular starter.

I'm Atletico:

Roderick Miranda for 1.5m

Lacina Traoere for 3.3m

Both have not gotten much game time but I bought them for the future :) Ive played them in Spanish cup and gave them a few minutes here and there in the league and have not dissapointed me.

I think the best signing so far for me has to be Balotelli for Liverpool for a price of 10.5 Million Euro's. I almost signed Carlos Tevez for 13.5 Million, but he wanted 200,000/week so I told him to go to hell.

Balotelli for 10.5million euro's!? :O

As Tottenham;

Roberto Carlos - slow start but got there towards back half of first season, worth 1.2m to cover ekotto seeing as Bale is best as a winger.

Mahamadou Diarra - few million, solid bit of midfield cover playing 20 odd games getting 7.1

David Beckham - 1.7m, worth it just to see Tottenham at the end of his long career :)

Henri Saivet - cost nearly 10 million, and is not putting any form together off the bench. Lennon is flyin to my suprise.

Lucas Barrios - 11 million, 10 goals in 18 starts, made Pavlyuchenko & Crouch start working for a place but has left Keane a 2.5m rated right winger - not really tested.

Won the league cup, 3rd in the league after 33 games, Arsenal coming up in the Champions League semi final, and Man Utd next game in FA Cup semi final. Good season and these signings did their bit to fill in due to the poor fitness with so many games with a lot of kids.

Lost to Bolton away though..

At the moment I have 2 good signings so far for Burton Albion - James Collins on loan from Villa (Scored 2 in 3 and is working well with Harrad), and a goalkeeper called Vincent Demarconnay - was offered on a free and he looks good.

Lukaku for Newcastle my best signing so far.

How much did he set you back?

I've also bought Chris wood in on loan, as well as Lee Yeung-Pyo and Tom Cairney for a couple of million £'s each.. Oh, I also signed Kakuta on loan for 3 months, he came on at half time for me against Wrexham (pre-season) and scored a 35 yard rocket after about 30 seconds of being on the pitch!

my best signing is so far Ismaël Fofana - Free.

OM (L) is he, and i have designed a form of 4 2 2 1 tacs but with left side as offensive and right side as defensive. 24 league games with 17 goals, and 6 cup games and amazing 11 goals.

Severeal teams wanted to sign him at the january window, but refused all of them, impressive enough he dident even get upset, and now end season i get offers on him for €1.500.000 and still refusing them, i think i can get about €2.500.000 for him, and that like 100 times more then my 2nd best player. Absolutly a player i'm going to sign in every new game, he can really boost your economy.

• 2 years later...

Archived