Can someone from SI answer this or anyone?

Ok. I been playing cm/fm nearly 20 years now and have loved most versions. Even from 10 years ago there was a feature that seems to have been taken out from 08 onwards i think. I didnt play much of 07,08 or 09 and have been giving fm10 a chance and have really got into it.

But on playing my 3rd league game in which I changed a few tactics for(im Barnet editted into the conference) I though ah what tactics did i play for that 1st game again as I couldnt remember the exact tweaks and player instructions I gave. So as on all Fms from the past I went to the match report. I looked and looked and could only find what formation I played and not what tactics and player instructions I used for this game?? Surely SI have not taken this feature out? It was vital, interesting, and important information which is now lost forever? Am I missing something or is this a well known issue?

Thanks in advance anyone.

You complaining again cruiseylee?

Yes it what forums are for. I was nicely asking if someone knew why it had been taken out and if people even knew it existed. If you wish to get negative or nasty please go somewhere else as I have had enuf of people talking rubbish on my threads.

Anyway for the constructive people...

Well if some of you didnt know it existed maybe you havnt seen it in the game yet. Meaning you either didnt feel it to be important to go back and check prev tactics or you didnt play fm 06 or b4. I think it was on 07 but cant be certain. So it was out on 08 or after.

Can anyone from SI confirm this? And I really did used to use this alot. I sometimes would compare tactics and results and see which worked best on average. And now i cant. Only way would be to save the tactics every game and for a new game after that change tactics and re save with the opposition on each tactic. Oh well lol.

Ok. I been playing cm/fm nearly 20 years now and have loved most versions.

Why does everyone have the need to start a thread in GD, with how long they have been playing the game?

Is it a competition these days? I want to play!

Why does everyone have the need to start a thread in GD, with how long they have been playing the game?

Is it a competition these days? I want to play!

I loved CM 89/90. Cracking game - Neil Webb was the best player in the world and Bryan Robson went to the pub after training every day. Realism has gone downhill in recent years.

I played FM the first time in 1435. It was a bit crap as the match engine was limited to a "throw stones" touch line instructions.

Are you taking the mick? I still have that copy and "throw mouldy veg" aswel as "heckle" were an option!!!!

I would lose that, a lot of people post a lot more than me!

I know, I know, just trying to lighten things up :D

I played FM the first time in 1435. It was a bit crap as the match engine was limited to a "throw stones" touch line instructions.

So many sensitive and immature people on these forums these days? Where do I go to the adults forum? You guys cant be any older than 18 the way you are talking. I mentioned how long I have been playing the game due to I thought it was important setting what my experience of the game and people may take me more serious. Im thinking the more i talk about my experience of Fm people get so upset. Its riddicoulous. Its only a game. Why are people so sensitive? also my point relating to how long I have played was relevant as this feature im on about was on some of the earlier versions and has recently been taken out. I just wanted to know if anyone else was annoyed about this or if anyone even used it.

And if they didnt use it how would you remember what tactics you played that got certain results as you cant play the same tactics and instructions every game.

Please only adults or mature people answer. Thanks ;-)

Well as you're getting so serious...

Pick a formation based on your players.

Pick a tactic based on your teams ability.

Use friendlies to find the weaknesses in your tactics/formation and and correct them.

Use competetive matches to fine tune your tactic so you win nearly every match.

Stick with that tactic/frormation.

...No I don't miss it.

You guys cant be any older than 18 the way you are talking.

Well if this isn't a ridiculous statement, I don't know what is.

Back to the point. Do what most people under 18 can figure out, save your tactics before and after you tweak them.

Well as you're getting so serious...

Pick a formation based on your players.

Pick a tactic based on your teams ability.

Use friendlies to find the weaknesses in your tactics/formation and and correct them.

Use competetive matches to fine tune your tactic so you win nearly every match.

Stick with that tactic/frormation.

...No I don't miss it.

Certain tactics and formations and player instructions do not work versus every team though? you need to change things. If you play the same way I heard that teams can learn how you play and counter it. And that you need to have 3 or 4 diff tactics to switch from? That nto true anymore? Is it just best to have 1 way of playing and stick to it?

Well if this isn't a ridiculous statement, I don't know what is.

Back to the point. Do what most people under 18 can figure out, save your tactics before and after you tweak them.

I do. But how do you know what you played from game to game if you change between 3/4 and lets say at the end of the season you decided to go back to a tactic from the start of the season? The only way is to save every tactic every game in a diff slot and have them all stored up lol. Oh well.

And how is saying people are acting below 18 ridiculous? Hmm. ok maybe you right. prob 14. ;-)

I do. But how do you know what you played from game to game if you change between 3/4 and lets say at the end of the season you decided to go back to a tactic from the start of the season? The only way is to save every tactic every game in a diff slot and have them all stored up lol. Oh well.

And how is saying people are acting below 18 ridiculous? Hmm. ok maybe you right. prob 14. ;-)

Well you can make folders right? For example you could have "Barnet attacking formation - home" and save all home and attacking tactics in there, then do the same for away etc.

If the match report did save all the tactics instructions you could also have a look at other managers instructions by watching match reports. So the answer is no, match report did never store tactical details. And if it was the case in some versions, it was obviously a flaw.

Well you can make folders right? For example you could have "Barnet attacking formation - home" and save all home and attacking tactics in there, then do the same for away etc.

I'm with him. If you want to be able to switch back to a tactic that worked well against a certain team, save each home and away tactic that's successful. That way, you can switch between tactics for each team you play, and you'll always be using a tactic which will work best against specific teams.

If the match report did save all the tactics instructions you could also have a look at other managers instructions by watching match reports. So the answer is no, match report did never store tactical details. And if it was the case in some versions, it was obviously a flaw.

a flaw?? No in fm 06 for instaance you could go back and check what formation u played, whats tactics and what player instructions you gave. But if you went to the oppo teams you could only see formation. The tactis bit was always greyed out. You could even go back 5 seasons and check what formation and tactics you played for that 1st game you ever managed. But its now been taken out. Real shame.

And im not on about the match report. Im on about you used to beable to go back to a match by clicking on the result. Then you could click on your team and you would see you formation with all tactics and player instructions etc. And on the other team it was greyed out. Altho you could still see there formation.

Yes it what forums are for. I was nicely asking if someone knew why it had been taken out and if people even knew it existed. If you wish to get negative or nasty please go somewhere else as I have had enuf of people talking rubbish on my threads.

Anyway for the constructive people...

Well if some of you didnt know it existed maybe you havnt seen it in the game yet. Meaning you either didnt feel it to be important to go back and check prev tactics or you didnt play fm 06 or b4. I think it was on 07 but cant be certain. So it was out on 08 or after.

Can anyone from SI confirm this? And I really did used to use this alot. I sometimes would compare tactics and results and see which worked best on average. And now i cant. Only way would be to save the tactics every game and for a new game after that change tactics and re save with the opposition on each tactic. Oh well lol.

dude you have got to really look for these things. first the whole not bing able to scout your own team and now this.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt149/manworker/LegnanovGiacomense.png

thats at least the tactic that you used. it shows the formation, players names, even the other teams lineup. its amazing.

i dont thing you can see what you had all of your sliders set at though

Yea but 5 seasons down the line lets say you want to look back at soem 1st season tactics you used etc. Were talking about alot of saved formations/tactics by season 5. Im only in season 1 and really I want to save all games. As I am slightly tweaking each game. Im sure I will find one soon that I will stick with and only switch in extreme situations or if its not working. just a shame that old feature was taken out.

dude you have got to really look for these things. first the whole not bing able to scout your own team and now this.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt149/manworker/LegnanovGiacomense.png

thats at least the tactic that you used. it shows the formation, players names, even the other teams lineup. its amazing.

i dont thing you can see what you had all of your sliders set at though

I dont see that as amazing? I play the same formation nearly every game so dont really need the formation info. I need the sliders. Were talking 30/40 off team ones and 23 player ones. Something like that anyway. On fm 06 you could see all of this in 1 click on your team name on formation as you just showed.

I don't get why you would want to do that anyway. A lot of things change in those 5 years. Other teams change tactics, and buy different players who play differently in the same positions. A tactic which worked 5 years ago against a certain team may be rubbish against the same team 5 years down the line.

I dont see that as amazing? I play the same formation nearly every game so dont really need the formation info. I need the sliders. Were talking 30/40 off team ones and 23 player ones. Something like that anyway. On fm 06 you could see all of this in 1 click on your team name on formation as you just showed.

then you can get over yourself and save all of your tactics as others have said, you could take screenshots of the sliders, you could even write all of that stuff down in a notebook filled with paper. i suppose that is way too hard for you to do and must be a huge waste of time so you feel you must whine about having to put a little effort into being a successful manager in this game

It's probably because tactic instructions are a lot more complex now and since FM2006. But you can post that as a feature request.

Maybe. But only a few extra sliders have been brought in.

i mean passing as a team by distance was taken out. You can edit each player now as before but the overall team one is gone. altho can be tweaked with extra and lower passing.

I don't get why you would want to do that anyway. A lot of things change in those 5 years. Other teams change tactics, and buy different players who play differently in the same positions. A tactic which worked 5 years ago against a certain team may be rubbish against the same team 5 years down the line.

I dont want to use it for that lol. i want to use it just for my own personal info. Like player instructions you gave 3/4 years ago may be diff due to the players abilities changing etc. I just used to use it alot. Its just the way i played. I mean its no end of the world thing, just a bit annoying as I didnt see how keeping it would of been hard. Any extra info or options we have is a good thing.

then you can get over yourself and save all of your tactics as others have said, you could take screenshots of the sliders, you could even write all of that stuff down in a notebook filled with paper. i suppose that is way too hard for you to do and must be a huge waste of time so you feel you must whine about having to put a little effort into being a successful manager in this game

Omg lol. You need to chill. why is everyone so aggressive? How am i whining/ Im having a convo with people. you really need to grow up. all im sayig is its a feature I really liked. If thats whining them wow im a whiner. But whingin is good as you end up talkign about things with people to see how they feel about it. Didnt think it would cause so much aggression my views on what I liked.

People often forget that there is a notebook with reminder in FM. Just use it.

i agree. you cant expect the game to give you all of the ways to win every single game.

i imagine that in real life managers keep notes about formation, players, instructions and other such things.

how hard is it to do the same thing? i hear people go on about how they want the game to be as realistic as it can be. taking notes on important things is pretty realistic i think.

And how can you say write it all down or take screen shots? wow. That really would take ages. Ok im guilty of liking the game in fm 06 for some things. shoot me down everyone lol. I would pay hundreds for the game to have certain features that were taken out. Im sure soem others feel the same. I think the game is way better than fm06 now. But defo was some features in fm06 that were brill and imo shouldnt of been taken out. Thats my view.

I guess if it'd be used often enough, it wouldn't hurt to have it in the game. If people were going to note down all their formations anyway, the feature cruiseylee is talking about would be a handy little time saver. It doesn't bother me that it's not in, but I can imagine people would use it if it was in.

i agree. you cant expect the game to give you all of the ways to win every single game.

i imagine that in real life managers keep notes about formation, players, instructions and other such things.

how hard is it to do the same thing? i hear people go on about how they want the game to be as realistic as it can be. taking notes on important things is pretty realistic i think.

But the game by taking that feature away has made the game a way load longer to play. nothign wrong with hard. But something that is gonna take up 5 mins every game is alot.plsu im gona be left with 40 games of saved tactics each season lol. Oh wlel. Ile deal with it. Just a shame that info is no longer viewable. The game has pregressed so much and got way more complicated. so in my view somethign that saved time and effort is a good thing.

Somethign else is like the highlighted attributes for each of the player roles. i mean if you want to play every player in there perfect role you would have to add all of those abilities up. just by looking its hard to know who has higher level on certain roles. i mean theres like 8 now and 1/4 diff roles within that. over 20 for each player. one better way was also on a older version. Where it gave you a star rating for a players positon. If we had a star ratign for a player poaching skills/Target man etc that really would be excellent.

I guess if it'd be used often enough, it wouldn't hurt to have it in the game. If people were going to note down all their formations anyway, the feature cruiseylee is talking about would be a handy little time saver. It doesn't bother me that it's not in, but I can imagine people would use it if it was in.

Not sure if you saw Fc but it was in all versions from about 00/01 to fm 06.

And how can you say write it all down or take screen shots? wow. That really would take ages. Ok im guilty of liking the game in fm 06 for some things. shoot me down everyone lol. I would pay hundreds for the game to have certain features that were taken out. Im sure soem others feel the same. I think the game is way better than fm06 now. But defo was some features in fm06 that were brill and imo shouldnt of been taken out. Thats my view.

if you loved the feature so dearly and missed it so much would you mind using a little extra time to keep track of all the stuff that is important to me. i know that i would.

but whether you do something like this or not is all about how much time you want to spend doing things other than playing games. from what i can see you dont want to spend the extra time it would take to record all of these things. which is fine thats how you want to play the game. i just think that if it were such a big problem that you needed to post on the forum then you would want to keep track of it all.

I don't really see how the feature cruiseylee is talking about would be the game giving you all the ways to win every single game. The tactics used to win these past games are your own tactics, not tactics the game made for you to enable you to win all matches.

I don't really see how the feature cruiseylee is talking about would be the game giving you all the ways to win every single game. The tactics used to win these past games are your own tactics, not tactics the game made for you to enable you to win all matches.

you are right. what said about that was wrong. the same tactic might not work as well the second time you play them

if you loved the feature so dearly and missed it so much would you mind using a little extra time to keep track of all the stuff that is important to me. i know that i would.

but whether you do something like this or not is all about how much time you want to spend doing things other than playing games. from what i can see you dont want to spend the extra time it would take to record all of these things. which is fine thats how you want to play the game. i just think that if it were such a big problem that you needed to post on the forum then you would want to keep track of it all.

You do realise some people have lifes away from computer games, don't you? I for one wouldn't have the time to sit writing detailed descriptions of my tactics from match to match. I have a girlfriend, a child, and a full time job. I don't get half as much time on my laptop as I'd like. If I wanted to do what cruiseylee is wanting to do, I would be very grateful for the feature he is talking about to be in the game.

You do realise some people have lifes away from computer games, don't you? I for one wouldn't have the time to sit writing detailed descriptions of my tactics from match to match. I have a girlfriend, a child, and a full time job. I don't get half as much time on my laptop as I'd like. If I wanted to do what cruiseylee is wanting to do, I would be very grateful for the feature he is talking about to be in the game.

i understand all that as i have a life away from the game as well.

the only thing taking more time to play the game would do is increase the amount of time it take to finish a season.

i understand all that as i have a life away from the game as well.

the only thing taking more time to play the game would do is increase the amount of time it take to finish a season.

I hope what I said in my last post didn't seem like an insult. It wasn't meant to be one.

I like to get through seasons quite quickly, given the time constraints I have when it comes to playing games. I wouldn't want a season to drag out longer than necessary.

Well I told you that I am going to save each game instead on a set tactics tab/ so not sure where you are going with that. Writing it all down or getting screen shot is way ott. The easiest way is save every tactic after each game and make a copy each time. Oh well ;-)

I hope what I said in my last post didn't seem like an insult. It wasn't meant to be one.

I like to get through seasons quite quickly, given the time constraints I have when it comes to playing games. I wouldn't want a season to drag out longer than necessary.

your post didnt seem like an insult at all. people preferences are their own and i cant change them, although sometimes i dont agree and wish that they would see what i mean.

i personally like to take as much time as i need to finish a season. the game isnt going to be going anywhere and i will finish it when i do. i dont exactly like the tedious stuff, but i dont mind it if i feel that i helps me be better at the game. i would like to think that everybody thinks the way i do, but they dont always and i sometimes feel i need to "correct" them.

Archived