Which OS is best for Football Manager 2011?

Whichever one is more powerful. I played fm10 on a mac this year for first time as it was a really powerful comp and it ran like a dream just sucked on 3d as the graphics card was lame in the mac so pc for that matter if its powerful enough!

OS does not matter. Maybe avoid Vista as it uses a lot of RAM.

Bad ishu! Not strictly true...Not much variation between Vista and 7. Most benchmarks spot at worst a 10% decrease in graphical performance but varies little in CPU/Ram intensive games.

It's just crap in general!

Bad ishu! Not strictly true...Not much variation between Vista and 7. Most benchmarks spot at worst a 10% decrease in graphical performance but varies little in CPU/Ram intensive games.

lol - from now on no one will ever take anything from you seriously.. ;)

From my experience Windows 7 is the most stable OS out there, but sadly costs alot. Ubuntu is a very good free OS, but comes with little bugs and problems, but most should be ironed out by now (I had 9.4 installed - which had LOTS of small problems)

I havent tried Mac OS so wont comment on that..

Here's an important thing: DONT listen to the moronic linux/win/mac fanboys.. they're easy to spot and cant offer you any useful advice so just ignore them

I just dumbed it down.

Actually Win 7 is very highly optimized for multi-threading and if you have a capable proccy you'll defo see a big difference (around 30%).

PS. For some reason Benchmarks came up awkwardly on this site.

lol - from now on no one will ever take anything from you seriously.. ;)

From my experience Windows 7 is the most stable OS out there, but sadly costs alot. Ubuntu is a very good free OS, but comes with little bugs and problems, but most should be ironed out by now (I had 9.4 installed - which had LOTS of small problems)

I havent tried Mac OS so wont comment on that..

Here's an important thing: DONT listen to the moronic linux/win/mac fanboys.. they're easy to spot and cant offer you any useful advice so just ignore them

Usually easy to spot the clueless FOTM fanboy but I have worked with guys before - well qualified, much more so than me - that still stick to their favoured OS through thick and thin. like one server engineer that tries to stick Windows 2000 on everything he touches and a developer who runs an O/S2 virtual machine because "It's the best OS ever made".

I just dumbed it down.

Actually Win 7 is very highly optimized for multi-threading and if you have a capable proccy you'll defo see a big difference (around 30%).

PS. For some reason Benchmarks came up awkwardly on this site.

True Ishu. but very few games really take proper advantage of that and it generally leads you to only noticing it letting you alt-tab easier lol. 7 is what they wanted Vista to be for the most part.

True Ishu. but very few games really take proper advantage of that and it generally leads you to only noticing it letting you alt-tab easier lol. 7 is what they wanted Vista to be for the most part.

Really? More and more games are getting optimized for multicores. Benches show that games work best with around 3 to 4 cores. And FM also got an award for best utilization of multicores from Intel for their Core i series.

Really? More and more games are getting optimized for multicores. Benches show that games work best with around 3 to 4 cores. And FM also got an award for best utilization of multicores from Intel for their Core i series.

That I did not know!

Game set and match to Ishu :p

• 2 weeks later...
Usually easy to spot the clueless FOTM fanboy but I have worked with guys before - well qualified, much more so than me - that still stick to their favoured OS through thick and thin. like one server engineer that tries to stick Windows 2000 on everything he touches and a developer who runs an O/S2 virtual machine because "It's the best OS ever made".

Windows 7 is hardly flavour of the month - in fact it's just celebrated it's first birthday. And Win7 deserves its praise. Mind you, sticking to Windows 2000 is crazy talk!! :eek: Windows 3.1, now there was a classic system.

To the OP, you won't find too much difference b/w the two. I would probably stick with the Mac. Vista wasn't as bad as people made out, but it does run like a dog on lower powered machines in a way that WinXP and Win7 don't (and that's despite Vista and Win7 running off the same kernal).

Archived