Tiki-Taka - my version of how Barca play

Right, so this is the first tactic I ever post on these forums, although I've been reading a lot from others for years now. I don't think there is anything groundbreaking in what I would post, but I was so impressed with the way my team played that I thought it is worth sharing with others here.

A few things first: Yes, I'm playing with Barcelona and I know they have the best players in most positions and/or can buy the best. I'm not very interested to play with other teams, except for maybe Arsenal. This is another reason why I wanted to post my tactic for others to try with other clubs.

The tactic represents mostly my own ideas with a few from others I've read and I agree with from this forum. One thing that it does not include is how the DM/MCd drops between the 2 DC's as IRL Barca under Guardiola.

The formation is of course a variation of the 4-3-3 with 3 MCs + AMRL and ST. The middle MC is more defensive and the ST is a false "9", while the wingers move inside from wide positions. I experimented with free roles on the 2 attacking MC's with and without RFD, which worked well against most teams, but not so much against teams like Real M. I will post only screenshots of the instructions from the final version, which I used for the most part of the second season. Here we go:

Team Instructions: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7012/teaminstructions.jpg

Initially I had focus passing set to "mixed" but I discovered that my team moved the ball better when I change it "down both flanks". Counter attack is ticked and it is very deadly every time a team decides to be brave enough to attack me with more players.

GK instructions : No reason to post screenshot - regular GK on defend with little CF and distribution set to "defenders collect". I look for the usual GK attributes.

DC instructions: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6514/dcinstructions.jpg

Nothing special here, except little tweak of the CF and Closing down. Both DC's have the same setting. Look for good marking, tackling, positioning, anticipation, concentration and teamwork. Pace should be around 12 or above. I've used Pique, Evans, Puyol and Botia.

FB instructions: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1154/fbinstructions.jpg

I went for a nice balance between defense and attack. Look for acceleration, pace, stamina = 15+ and crossing, marking, passing, tackling, anticipation, concentration, creativity, positioning = 12+.

MCd instructions: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4762/mcdinstructions.jpg

Like I said already - he doesn't drop very deep between the 2 DC's, but is set to hold his position infront of them and circulate the ball for the offense. On occasion he can split defenses with precise through balls to the front three. Look for good passing, tackling and mental attributes except flair and off the ball. I've used Busquets, Sandro and Keita here. Now in the beginning of the third season I've bought Fabregas and plan on using him in this position instead of Keita who I sold.

MCa instructions: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3530/mcainstructions.jpg

Same settings for both and they are set to swap position so the opposition can't man-mark them. I've experimented the most with their settings in earlier versions of my tactic. But these work the best. We I want more possession, I reduce their RFD to rarely and TTB to mixed. Look for good passing, creativity, decisions, first touch, technique, teamwork, while long shots and off the ball are a nice bonus to have. I've used Iniesta, Xavi, Keita, Busquets, Thiago and Dos Santos here. None of them are set as playmaker in the team instructions!

AMRL instructions: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4472/amrlinstructions.jpg

ST instructions: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3085/stinstructions.jpg

Although the screenshots doesn't show it, I use swap position depending on who plays in these three positions. Sometimes I set just the AM's to swap with each other, sometimes the AML or the AMR with the ST, and other times I've found a way to swap all three - AML with ST, ST with AMR at the same time. For that, all three need similar attributes like acceleration, pace, dribbling, off the ball, finishing, passing, flair and technique. Creativity, decisions, anticipation and composure are nice to have also. I've used Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Villa and Aguero.

Here is some additional screenshots that show the success:

La Liga standings at the end of the second season: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6339/laligastandings.jpg

In addition, I averaged 3.3 goals for and 0.4 goals against. My single lost in La Liga was away to Real, 2-3 final score, but that was with Puyol having a horrible game at the back, after which his was dropped from my starting best XI and Evans took over as Pique's partner. I also lost in the semi-final of Copa del Rey to Real (2-1 and 1-3) with Puyol again having a bad game in the return second leg game loss. But I took nice revenge - see below:D

CL final second season: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4510/clfinal.jpg

I completely dominated them in the first 30min. I had most of my CCC's then as well as the first 2 goals. One might think the sending off for two yellow cards might've helped me, but Real played better after that actually.

Overall, most goals come from the front three. The five players I rotated there all contributed with many goals and plenty of assists. Messi has been top goalscorer in La Liga and in Europe two season in a row with 32 league goals. Aguero was top goalscorer in CL second season, Villa and Messi - second and third, respectively.

The shouts I use during games are: retain possession/get the ball forward, play wider/narrower, hassle the opposition.

Please, give it a try and post some feedback. Enjoy!

Hey yonko1 nice results you have there.

Um, I think you should try playing your MCa's, Xavi and Iniesta, with run with ball on often and giving them both a free role. It will get them pulling wide, which sometimes help to encourage the wide players to move inside, and it gets them playmaking from different positions. It could increase the fluidity of your attack (doesn't look like you need anymore fluidity though lol :D).

Other than that your tactic looks very good....I can say that because I play somewhat similarly :thup:;)

Are you using some kind of corner cheat? If not 135 goals scored in the league is very impressive!!

And what skin is that?? looks really nice! :)

As you can see from the team instructions screenshot my corner taking is set to mixed. The players are set up in a realistic way IMO:

GK = default

FB's = always stay back

DC's = one attacks far post, the other one stands on far post

MCd = stays back if needed

MCa's = both lurk outside the area

AMRL = one attacks from deep, the other one attacks near post

ST = challenge GK

Usually Xavi or Iniesta take the corner kicks as IRL. I've scored goals from corners but I haven't paid attention how many exactly. I also concede from corners too, so that evens things a little bit. I find attacking and defending corners on FM10 a bit unrealistic TBH.

As for the skin, it is custom one I've made by putting and editing different pieces from other skins together.

Hey yonko1 nice results you have there.

Um, I think you should try playing your MCa's, Xavi and Iniesta, with run with ball on often and giving them both a free role. It will get them pulling wide, which sometimes help to encourage the wide players to move inside, and it gets them playmaking from different positions. It could increase the fluidity of your attack (doesn't look like you need anymore fluidity though lol :D).

Other than that your tactic looks very good....I can say that because I play somewhat similarly :thup:;)

Like I've said, free roles for the MCa are bit hit and miss. I was using them for most of my first season (these screenshots are from the second season) and even Xavi and Iniesta didn't have consistently good performances when given free roles, especially against other top teams. Xavi in particular always plays below average against Real M (both home and away), so I have to give him a kick in the but at half time through teamtalks. I might try runs with the ball on often, though. That is a good suggestion. I'm still not convinced about my fullbacks instructions and I might have to tweak them a little bit more. I'm think of removing the tight marking for them.

What is different in your set up?

Won't "tight marking - yes" for your MCa's contradict the zonal marking setting?

No. What makes you say that?

Wheres the tactic? plz

Look at the screenshots. All you need to know is there, just replicate the instructions with the creator.

Well I play faster

Instead of AML and AMR, I use an FL and FR. The mentality of the wide strikers is 1 less than the mentality of a the FC.

My wide players have crossing on mixed cuz I have Dzeko (even though crossing sucks :rolleyes:)

I give my MCa's hold up the ball, give them free roles, and dribbling on often.

Also I left my FBs on auto so they occasionally came forward.

Other than that, its somewhat similar to yours.

Well I play faster

Instead of AML and AMR, I use an FL and FR. The mentality of the wide strikers is 1 less than the mentality of a the FC.

My wide players have crossing on mixed cuz I have Dzeko (even though crossing sucks :rolleyes:)

I give my MCa's hold up the ball, give them free roles, and dribbling on often.

Also I left my FBs on auto so they occasionally came forward.

Other than that, its somewhat similar to yours.

That is interesting variation. How are the RFD for your front three, are they on mixed or rarely? My FBs also get forward but I don't rely on them too much, because just like you said crossing sucks.

Yonko. I wonder on what occasions you utlize:

retain possession

get the ball forward

play wider / narrower

thanks

I use retain possession in combination with play narrower when I want to control the ball more - usually in tough games against equally strong teams when I go 1 or 2 goals up. And I use get the ball forward in combination with play wider when I play against teams that have parked the bus.

That is interesting variation. How are the RFD for your front three, are they on mixed or rarely? My FBs also get forward but I don't rely on them too much, because just like you said crossing sucks.

For my front 3, I have RFD set on mixed. The way I get the wide attackers to drop is by giving them close to max closing down. Pretty much they track back and cover the opposition FBs or opposition wingers depending on how close they are. If my opponents FBs are not coming forward, then I increase their closing down to max.

yonko if you play with a tall FC, do you attempt to cross the ball?

For my front 3, I have RFD set on mixed. The way I get the wide attackers to drop is by giving them close to max closing down. Pretty much they track back and cover the opposition FBs or opposition wingers depending on how close they are. If my opponents FBs are not coming forward, then I increase their closing down to max.

yonko if you play with a tall FC, do you attempt to cross the ball?

I don't like playing with tall FC. I prefer smaller, faster more mobile FC like Villa, Aguero and Bojan. In this Barca save, I had Oscar Cardozo for the second part of my first season. It was an emergency buy since both Bojan and Villa got injured for slightly longer periods. I never changed my tactic to suit him TBH and he still did a decent job until I bought Aguero for his 60 mil. euro release clause fee after the first season. Then Cardozo became surplus to requirements and was sold to Aston Vila.

I don't rely on crossing too much to score goals. Killer through balls and nice combination play is how I get most of my goals. Most of the assists come from the two attacking MCs and the ST. Now in my third season ( december 2011) the goals are shared equally between the 5 players I rotate at the front three positions. I have also dropped the MCd back to DM (defensive midfielder/defend) so it reflects better how Barca play IRL - it's still TIKI-TAKA though:D.

Hey what skin is that man in the original screenshots ?

care to share ?

thanks alot :)

I wouldn't mind sharing it but in order to release it I would have to ask too many people for their permission as it uses various items from other released skins. Of course there are certain elements that I've edited/created myself like all the black buttons and thin black lines on the table rows.

If I remember correctly, I started with the default light skin and added the header from the Vitreous 2 skin. Then I recoloured the tabs background to white and then I added other graphics and edited them to my own preference. Maybe I can email it you, but I think the file is too big - around 27 MB.

I see that it's quite good. Could someone upload it' date=' or write the number of notches because it's not really precise...[/quote']

What's not precise? Adjusting a few sliders for a few positions shouldn't be so hard now, should it? Most of the tweaked sliders are the ones with rarely, sometimes and often anyway. The rest of the stuff is default slider positions from the TC with a few easily adjusted tweaks that everyone should be able to do even without numbered notches.

Hi, trying this out with Arsenal.. Do u set ur ST as a targetman? Also do u use OIs?

Arsenal is a good team to try it out with. No, I don't set anyone as targetman, nor do I set anyone as playmaker. And I don't use any OI's. Let me know how it goes for you.

Arsenal is a good team to try it out with. No, I don't set anyone as targetman, nor do I set anyone as playmaker. And I don't use any OI's. Let me know how it goes for you.

For the first half of the season, i was using a diff tactic, so i just switched to tiki taka.. since formation is the same, there's no problem with the player type for each position..

So far 3 matches..Niwae, initially i thought u set ST as target.. results were

Arsenal v Newcastle 2-1

Hull v Arsenal 1-1

Arsenal v Wigan 3-0

For the Wigan match, after it ended, my comp crashed.. =_=.. had to replay the match.. this time I remove ST from target.. won 2-1..

Not worried about the low scores yet.. cos now injury crisis.. seriously, arsenal players are like glass.. no offence to fans out there.. about half my first team injured..

If you're tweaking/experimenting, you might wanna check this out...

If set up your tactic according to your descriptions, except for the front three (and some other minor changes). I've changed the front three after closely watching the last couple of matches with Barca IRL. Although they've not been winning as regularly as we're used to, the way they play is still fascinating ;-)

Anyway, I noticed how the wingers, especially easy to see when playing without Messi, are moving about. Pedro, Bojan and Villa are of course all changing positions a lot, but what really struck me was how much the wingers move in, and come deep to create 'holes' for the other players. Especially pedro is making some crazy sprints backwards, when Barca is in position just in the middle of opp. half in organized attacks. I think I've recreated that feature by using a 'false nine', at least in FM terms. The settings are actually 'stolen' from Kawee's 433 striker setting, because it's simply the best 'false nine' I've seen in FM2010. It's then applied to all three front runners:

stsetting.png

As I said, I've set everything up like you (bar a couple of details), but my front three are postioned as three central strikers with the two wingers as inside forwards, with settings tweaked for all three the exact same as the ones in the image above. I've changed the 'wide play' settings to Move into channel, but sometimes during a match, I change it to Cut inside, to give opponents something to think about ;-) Furthermore, I change position between all front three. Left winger swaps with right winger, who swaps with central striker. No problem with positioning as all my front men can cover all positions. I'm rotating Messi, Pedro, Zlatan, Bojan, Cassano and a Danish regen at the start of second season.

The results are VERY promising... Of course you have to decide whether you want to replicate real life Barca, or whether you want to create a Diablo that works with any team. Don't know about playing this tactic with other teams, but for this team it really works! I'm sure you all know the pleasure of having an idea and then watch it work the way you've seen on TV :-) It's awesome... The way my team is playing when in organized attack is just how I imagined it. All front three are moving about, dropping deep to receive the ball, lay it off, and move back into position OR just dropping deep and create space for one of the att. mids or an offensive wingback, both of whom I've told to 'cut inside' to great succes because of the space created by the wingers...

Which season is this and what is your line-up with Arsenal?

I have tweaked my instructions a little bit more as I run experiments to make the tactic even better. I will post update when I'm happy with it.

First Season though i bought a few players.. After the Wigan match, my first team back frm injuries..

Niwae, more results:

Arsenal V Wolfsburg 3-0

West Ham V Arsenal 0-0

Arsenal V Man City 5-2

Barcelona V Arsenal 0-4

I'm starting to love this tactic especially after the barcelona thrashing.. I mean, I like Barcelona but beating them is well, always an achievement regardless what team you use.. and even though it wasnt exactly their full first team, 4 nil is still wow..

the man city match should have ended 5-0 or 5-1.. but conceded 1 goal by some dumb mistake when 4-0 up, and another gk mistake when 5-1 up..

My team is like below

-----------------------Eduardo---------------------------

Arshavin------------------------------------Van Persie

----------Fabregas---Sandro---Veloso--------------

Clichy-------Vermaelen-------Gallas----------Sagna

-----------------------Almunia---------------------------

ST - Understudy: Lukaku

AMR/L - Rotates: Vela; Understudies: Dudu

MC - Rotates: Nasri and Song; Understudies: Ramsey

DR/L/C - Rotates: Otamendi and Djourou; Understudies: Gibbs and Aurier

GK - Rotates: Ochoa; Understudy: Areola

Btw, Persie is really slipping into this tactic like glove..he scored all 3 in wolfsburg match, 2 in man city match, and 2 in barca match!! Thx for the great tactic so far! =)

Btw, when do u use your touchline inst?

First Season though i bought a few players.. After the Wigan match, my first team back frm injuries..

Niwae, more results:

Arsenal V Wolfsburg 3-0

West Ham V Arsenal 0-0

Arsenal V Man City 5-2

Barcelona V Arsenal 0-4

I'm starting to love this tactic especially after the barcelona thrashing.. I mean, I like Barcelona but beating them is well, always an achievement regardless what team you use.. and even though it wasnt exactly their full first team, 4 nil is still wow..

the man city match should have ended 5-0 or 5-1.. but conceded 1 goal by some dumb mistake when 4-0 up, and another gk mistake when 5-1 up..

My team is like below

-----------------------Eduardo---------------------------

Arshavin------------------------------------Van Persie

----------Fabregas---Sandro---Veloso--------------

Clichy-------Vermaelen-------Gallas----------Sagna

-----------------------Almunia---------------------------

ST - Understudy: Lukaku

AMR/L - Rotates: Vela; Understudies: Dudu

MC - Rotates: Nasri and Song; Understudies: Ramsey

DR/L/C - Rotates: Otamendi and Djourou; Understudies: Gibbs and Aurier

GK - Rotates: Ochoa; Understudy: Areola

Btw, Persie is really slipping into this tactic like glove..he scored all 3 in wolfsburg match, 2 in man city match, and 2 in barca match!! Thx for the great tactic so far! =)

Btw, when do u use your touchline inst?

That's all good, I'm happy you have success, though I'm not happy for you crushing my fave Barca like that and doing so at Camp Nou of all places.

I use touchline instructions when I think they will improve my play. Lately I find myself using "get the ball forward" and "hassle the opponents" more frequently. That might work for my team better than for you at the moment as I have much better players than you, though we share one common player - Fabregas. My usual line up (4th season) is: Valdes, Alves, Criscito, Pique, Evans, Fabregas (MCd), Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Aguero, Messi. Additional major contributors are Thiago and Busquets in midfield and Bojan, Pedro and newly signed Neymar in attack.

I would suggest to you to change the wingers' wide play to "cuts inside" and they will become more effective by scoring and assisting more. Also change the ST to "moves into channels". I would give Fabregas roaming if you play him as MCa and change him to attacking duty. He does very well for me as MCd and he has no chance of displacing Iniesta or Xavi. Actually I have Thiago ( from the original Barca youngsters) doing just as good as the two "maestros" in MCa.

Good luck and keep up with the updates.

That's all good, I'm happy you have success, though I'm not happy for you crushing my fave Barca like that and doing so at Camp Nou of all places.

I use touchline instructions when I think they will improve my play. Lately I find myself using "get the ball forward" and "hassle the opponents" more frequently. That might work for my team better than for you at the moment as I have much better players than you, though we share one common player - Fabregas. My usual line up (4th season) is: Valdes, Alves, Criscito, Pique, Evans, Fabregas (MCd), Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Aguero, Messi. Additional major contributors are Thiago and Busquets in midfield and Bojan, Pedro and newly signed Neymar in attack.

I would suggest to you to change the wingers' wide play to "cuts inside" and they will become more effective by scoring and assisting more. Also change the ST to "moves into channels". I would give Fabregas roaming if you play him as MCa and change him to attacking duty. He does very well for me as MCd and he has no chance of displacing Iniesta or Xavi. Actually I have Thiago ( from the original Barca youngsters) doing just as good as the two "maestros" in MCa.

wah, so complicated.. i'll change the wingers and st wide play.. was thinking of doing that.. but i'll still keep the amr/l swapping places.. not sure bout the fabregas roaming thing.. i mean i know he can, just that i prefer a tactic where i can sub players/rotate/replace-due-to-injuries players without changing the general play.. so.. see first.. maybe after a few more games.. haiz.. niwae, second leg against barca, 1-1.. when preparing for my aston villa match my com crashed again.. have to restart the barca match.. stupid blue screen of death.. I HATE MY COMP!!! hope it can handle fm 2011.. can only buy new one in june.. haiz...

As I said, I've set everything up like you (bar a couple of details), but my front three are postioned as three central strikers with the two wingers as inside forwards, with settings tweaked for all three the exact same as the ones in the image above. I've changed the 'wide play' settings to Move into channel, but sometimes during a match, I change it to Cut inside, to give opponents something to think about ;-) Furthermore, I change position between all front three. Left winger swaps with right winger, who swaps with central striker. No problem with positioning as all my front men can cover all positions. I'm rotating Messi, Pedro, Zlatan, Bojan, Cassano and a Danish regen at the start of second season.

This means you have all three forwards on the same mentality setting (as shown in your screenshot), or are the two outer forwards set to a higher setting?

This has always been the problem for me when creating flat 433 formations with the front three: how to get them moving about in a meaningful way, especially in regards to the wingbacks and runners from midfield. Can you post a screenshot of the mentalities of all players to see how this works together?

I have all three on the exact same settings as in the posted image. The settings for the inside forwards that doesn't default to the same as the ones in the image (complete forward, the central striker), I've changed manually so that the three players are on the exact same settings... Just remember to change the wide play setting to move into channels (and sometimes during a match, to cut inside). Very important though, to swap positions between the players.

This makes the front three move about 'in a meaningful way' as you say. At least in my games, and this is after just three or four games getting familiar to the tactic. It looks great, and to me it looks very much like the way the play IRL.

The downside of this tactic, as with any tactics in FM, is that it doesn't resemble the way they play when on a counter. I find it very difficult to recreate all aspects of any given teams way of playing. It seems the match engine just isn't capable of handling all the different aspects to real life tactics... With this tactic, I've focused on the organized attacks, as this will be my situation most of the time, being Barca and all ;-)

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone managing a non-top team, as it requires pretty decent attacking skills. What I expecially like about it is that it favours small, mobile, technical players more than 'tanks' ;-) I'd look for off the ball, teamwork, decisions, first touch, and preferably a bit of anticipation as well as key attributes besides the obvious ;-)

Not on my gaming computer at the moment, so no pics for you just yet... Sorry :-)

Exactly...

I find with these settings, that the three of them take turns going deep, providing options for teammates or loosing a marker themselves. I don't want them on more attacking mentality as they're supposed to drop deep, and always be reasonably close to the midfield to enable one-touch short-passing just outside opp. area ;-)

Excited to hear how it works out for you...

Hello. The tactic worked well.

I really like your skin, where can you download?

gruss sulle007

I'm glad the tactic has worked for you.

The skin is not available for download. Read in my previous posts above as to why.

Hmm.. i tried implementing the changes u suggested.. but i wasnt sure of one thing and the results not that good..

the thing i not sure of is, i put fabregas on MCa(L).. so when I set him to roam, do i have to set the MCa(L) to roam too? Cause they swap positions..

Niwae, I set the MCa(L) to roam, in this case fabregas, and the right one not to.. the wingers cut in, striker move into channels.. result not that good.. winning 1-0 or draw.. changed back to original though i think i kept the wingers and st changes.. cos nearing end of season with one game left.. tie with liverpool on points but ahead in GD... so cant be advanterous now.. n torres is cheat... T-T

Updates since last update..

With AMR/L, ST and MCa Tweaks:

Tottenham V Arsenal 0-1

Arsenal V Barcelona 0-0 (Second leg)

Aston Villa V Arsenal 2-3

Everton V Arsenal 1-1 (FA Cup Semi, through on penalties)

Arsenal V Bolton 1-0

Changed back the setting of the MCa

Liverpool V Arsenal 1-1 (ECC Semi 1)

Arsenal V Fulham 4-0

Arsenal V Liverpool 1-0 (ECC Semi 2)

Liverpool V Arsenal 0-0

Arsenal V Stoke 2-0 (Win EPL on GD)

Arsenal V Man Utd 2-3 (FA Final: Extra time conceed last minute goal)

Arsenal V Real Madrid 3-4 (ECC Final: Up 2-1 at HT.. 2-2 at FT, 3-2, then 3-3.. and ANOTHER LATE CONCEED!! 3-4.. haiz...)

• 2 weeks later...

This tactic is working wonders for me with Barcelona. I'm in my 7th season now and have had huge success (as is expected with Barca) but at the end of the 6th season and start of the 7th the team just weren't performing for some reason. I made this one at the start of October (only change I made was use a DM instead of MCd) and here's the results since then:

Athletic 0-1 Barca

Barca 2-0 Racing

FC Timisoara 0-3 Barca

Getafe 0-3 Barca

Vecindario 0-4 Barca

Barca 3-0 Sevilla

Barca 3-0 FC Timisoara

Espanyol 1-3 Barca

As you can see, excellent results. The defense has been brilliant and deserved the 7 clean sheets in a row. The goal conceded at Espanyol was a corner aswell :(

I've worked out my average possession for those games, and it works out at 60.5%. Really good tactic mate :thup:

This tactic is working wonders for me with Barcelona. I'm in my 7th season now and have had huge success (as is expected with Barca) but at the end of the 6th season and start of the 7th the team just weren't performing for some reason. I made this one at the start of October (only change I made was use a DM instead of MCd) and here's the results since then:

Athletic 0-1 Barca

Barca 2-0 Racing

FC Timisoara 0-3 Barca

Getafe 0-3 Barca

Vecindario 0-4 Barca

Barca 3-0 Sevilla

Barca 3-0 FC Timisoara

Espanyol 1-3 Barca

As you can see, excellent results. The defense has been brilliant and deserved the 7 clean sheets in a row. The goal conceded at Espanyol was a corner aswell :(

I've worked out my average possession for those games, and it works out at 60.5%. Really good tactic mate :thup:

Thanks for the positive feedback. But to be honest, if you've changed the MCd to DM, I'm afraid that it becomes a whole deferent tactic as the whole team drops deeper (due to the D-line) and the behavior of the 2MCs changes as they don't operate as wide.

• 1 year later...
does ur tactic makes your xavi get 100+ passes/game?

I don't remember if it did achieve 100+ passes, most likely it didn't. In case you haven't noticed this tactic was created and used in FM10.

Yonko1 have you experimented with your striker being set to a poacher or advanced foreward. I was gonna experiment but would be nice to hear your view cheers

The tactic in the opening post was from FM10.

However, in FM12 I do not use poacher or advanced forward. I use Trequartista as STC. These would be the rest of the roles:

DR/DL - fullback, attack

DCs - central defender, defend

MCR - advanced playmaker, support

MCC - deep-lying playmaker, defend

MCL - advanced playmaker, support

AMR/L - inside forward, attack

STC - trequartista, attack

Cheers for that ill have a go. I did try you tactic from FM10 on FM12 and the most passes a single player managed in a game was only 76 and that was my right back

The tactic is not designed to give a high number of passes for a single player.

the hell? why its sooo hard to upload 1 file? Have u seen that thread's name is Tactic Sharing centre? Make ppl waste their time to copy-paste ALL instructions is pathetic

When I started the topic originally for FM10 edition, it was placed in the Tactics Discussion section. One of the mods must've moved it recently to the Tactics Sharing section. Regardless, I do not see what your problem is. I've shared my tactic through posting the instructions. How hard it is to copy them? What difference does it make how I share my tactic?

would this work using 2 centre backs, a right back and a left back in defense, 2 centre mids, an AML and an AMR with two strikers? is it just a case of getting the personal settings for each player right? I see that this utilises zonal marking, but I am more of a man marking kinda guy.....would this have a negative effect on the tactic?

Archived