How to become a tester/moderator

As the title says im just wondering how you become a tester or moderator for the game always wanted to be involved in the computer industry and football manager would be the holy grail ;).Or how to you get to speak to people about ideas you have for the game?any help would be appreciated.

post in the ideas/suggestion threads.

Also to be a mod, you will need to have been registered and posted quite alot, and a mod would have to leave as they dont need anymore.

Finally, you can apply every year to test, there is usually a thread about it, FM11is all full up though i believe for testers

dont know what you need to get the job though! I work as a software tester every day & have all the standard qualifications & I applied, didnt hear nout!

Maybe because you need to be able to commute to central london. You live in Derby.

i dont work in derby though, i currently work in oxford and for FM i wouldve been able to work in london no probs!

and I mentioned to them that in the past (think it was CM 01/02?) id been researcher for derby and england, so have plenty of CM/FM & football knowledge. Testing FM wouldve been my ultimate job!

dont know what you need to get the job though! I work as a software tester every day & have all the standard qualifications & I applied, didnt hear nout!

obviously you can imagine the amount of applicants they had, pretty darn hard to get back to everyone mate

obviously you can imagine the amount of applicants they had, pretty darn hard to get back to everyone mate

yeah i understand that, just thought that seeing as i work in that area as a profession & my past experience that i wouldve been a pretty good 'stand out' candidate.....oh welll, maybe next time

Being a mod isn't easy. You really have to be engaged and contributing to a sub-forum. A lot of posts doesn't mean you can become a moderator. A lot of useful and helpful posts, well, maybe. :p

For you to be a league researcher, it's recommended you have some contacts with a league. I, unfortunately, have none with the Canadian Soccer League, therefore can't really be the Canadian HR. :(

Not to mention I have no time to travel in Southern Ontario and Quebec to go to games!

Being a mod isn't easy. You really have to be engaged and contributing to a sub-forum. A lot of posts doesn't mean you can become a moderator. A lot of useful and helpful posts, well, maybe. :p

For you to be a league researcher, it's recommended you have some contacts with a league. I, unfortunately, have none with the Canadian Soccer League, therefore can't really be the Canadian HR. :(

Not to mention I have no time to travel in Southern Ontario and Quebec to go to games!

That has got to be meant in jest :p

Im sure a certain mod on this forum has "lets keep it on track now guys" on ctrl+v and goes round randomly posting in threads when bored :rolleyes:

nope, just a pat on the back!

REALLY? Now that is a joke. All the researchers should strike for FM12. How much time and effort do you guys put in and they cant even give you the game.

Heres me thinking that SI were kind of alright with regards to interacting with customers and so on. Just goes to show how much money actually prevails over loyalty.

i cant speak for any other researchers but i have not heard anything in the way of payment for the information?

I dont mind though, its great fun, and after palying these games for over 10 years i was learnt things still by researching, stats etc that i didnt even know existed back end!

i cant speak for any other researchers but i have not heard anything in the way of payment for the information?

I dont mind though, its great fun, and after palying these games for over 10 years i was learnt things still by researching, stats etc that i didnt even know existed back end!

But the fact is that the researchers are the backbone of this game. Even Everton use the database as a scout tool because of how accurate it is. This is down to the research. The fact that SI cant even give you a copy of the game is a joke.

"We do not pay, unfortunately, though we do provide a free advanced copy of FM2011"

so apparently they do.

I just had not been advised.

Ah so you do get a free copy of the game then? I take it it is fully patchable aswell and pretty much the boxed version of the game.

id say it will be a digital download available a few days before release date

Ah not so bad then after all. This has flipped on its head hasnt it lol. Its gone from getting nothing to getting an advanced copy of the game a couple of days before everybody else. Happy days :D

Archived