Late goals again

That's Man Utd for you. However as ManUTactictian247 said try time wasting and also reducing the tempo of the game with passing setting to short. (So basically just knocking the ball casually to each player in a rather relaxed manor, making Man Utd chase the ball) you would be suprised how many late goals I get employing this type of tactic.

Whenever I need to defend a slim lead in the last 10 minutes. Aside from going to contain or defend, I always make sure to Push Up. With Contain or Defend, you're already sitting very deep, so Pushing up will still have your team stay deep, but you'll reduce a certain amount of space for the opposition, which they may use to build up their attack. And also, try to get defenders and GK with at least decent concentration, otherwise be prepared to continue to concede late goals on a consistent basis.

same here, whenever i have the team analysis come up it says i score most between the 81st and 90th.

I have created a tactic called 'Final Stand' that i always implement if i am holding a slim lead with 10 to go, i very rarely conceed late since implementing it.

Not saying the OP has done this but most of these threads come up with people saying they conceed late but dont change tactics or formations etc. The computer almost always pushes forwards and throws more players up front with 10 to go and trailing so its only natural you have to change to counter it. I always have a cm who has good defensive skills, generally retrain him a cb too, then when it comes up "X have swtched to a 4-2-4" i throw him as either a DM or a CB to bolster it.

I'm also of the opinion that sitting back and time wasting heavily is just asking for trouble most of the time. When I stick to my own game it seems to happen far less often. It still does happen from time to time though, like recently Madrid getting a penalty against me in the 96th minute even though only 3 minutes were supposed to be added and there was no injuries or substitutions in stoppage time :mad:

you mean a minimum 3 minutes...

Yeah, surely that means there will be 3 minutes added on plus some time that is wasted during the stoppage time? Seeing as there was no injuries, no substitutions and no goals I don't see why would the referee add on 3 more minutes.

not necessarily. If he times that there is to be 3 minute and 59 seconds during the game to add, its a minimum of 3 minutes. If he deems that a player has weasted time during the added time he is more than likely to add it on. Injuries, goals and subs are the only reason time would be added.

Archived