Losing interest

I found a thing called FM Time machine on another forum - that was quite cool. Fast forward 25 years, have a look at the leagues to see who has dropped out of the bigtime, try and take them back. That was quite good fun.

Real players are overrated and you always expect them to perform the way they do IRL, with regens you have no preconceived ideas of how they should perform, which makes it more interesting for me and why I love to progress as far as possible.

I got a bit bored of the save I was playing so I started again. Loaded up some leagues and choose random team. First time I got Everton. Already played as them and won the Champions League, so I tried again and ended up with Fortuna Sittard of Holland. Decided to give it a go and so far it's been fun. The first season was hard, my job was to avoid relegation. I started off well but then got plagued with long term injuries, my centre back broke the other centre backs leg :(.

Survived till January and was able to loan in some players for free (no wages). Finished a respectable 13th. Most of my players contracts expired end of first season so I let most of them go and decided to rebuild around some of the younger players I kept.

Second season I got into the playoffs due to a good run of form of 7 wins 5 draws. Failed miserably at the playoffs that year. Third season playoffs again and just lost out. I'm in the fourth season now and 3rd in the league. This could be the year. If (when) I get to the Premier I will have to dump most of my team as they are not good enough so that poses a whole new challenge. I'm looking forward to it. I guess my point is try something you wouldn't normally do.

Real players are overrated and you always expect them to perform the way they do IRL, with regens you have no preconceived ideas of how they should perform, which makes it more interesting for me and why I love to progress as far as possible.

exactly..!!

same here, and its also a lot more rewarding to find a player who's 15 or 16 and turn them into a world star rather than just buying players you know are good in the game.

i completely understand about losing interest when the players start to become more regens than real players, but I've found it brilliant trawling through trying to get young players with potential so when my players get too old I have replacements fresh and ready. All the more important with the new league rules on squads and youth, and I've now got my longest save game for years, currently in my 9th season with Man City. Although I will admit I love having all that money too tehehe

Same here. I also like the fact that with a regen I know that no one else will have managed him, so no one (including me) will know how good he could become.

Archived