Worst England performance you've seen and the England manager has kept his job

Despite having a group of Montenegro, Switzerland, Wales and Bulgaria for the Euro 2012 qualifiers, England only just scraped 4th in their group so I was expecting Pearce would get the sack. However, he is still in charge, there is no way they would stick with a manager with such a bad record. With defeats to Egypt and Sweden in his first 2 friendlies you'd have thought the writing was on the wall. He also managed draws with Finland, a loss to Italy, a draw with Austria a shock win over Argentina then a defeat to Ghana and a draw with Cyprus. Only managing 2 wins over Wales and Switzerland in the qualifiers.

It does go to show that, on a sizable database though England aren't dominant - having been turned over by Bulgaria 3-1 but Stuart Pearce isn't the greatest of managers though so it may be down to that too lol.

The day x42bn6 doesn't post that screenshot in a thread with "England" in the title will be a sad day.

It does seem odd that Stuart Pearce stayed in the job in that situation. Have England steadily got worse and become used to being not as good?

Seen Stuart Pearce have the job till retirement; not sure what age. Won the 2018 world cup, then after that he lost near on every single game up until his retirement.

Then Gary Johnson got the job (tf), and he failed to qualify for 2 world cups and a euro championship before gettng the sack.

I think FM is replicating what England will win with the amount of foreigners clubs use..sweet FA.

Seen Stuart Pearce have the job till retirement; not sure what age. Won the 2018 world cup, then after that he lost near on every single game up until his retirement.

Then Gary Johnson got the job (tf), and he failed to qualify for 2 world cups and a euro championship before gettng the sack.

I think FM is replicating what England will win with the amount of foreigners clubs use..sweet FA.

Isn't the league for English players the Championship?

England 0 - 1 Wales in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley.

The manager was me. :o

is that really worse then to lose against Belarus in the world cup group stage? that's what I managed to do as england manager

worst thing i have seen is this... in the middle of my 4th season with Liverpool/Brazil i applied for the Eng U-21 job and got refused it. i couldnt believe it because i have won the prem every year i also won the confeds cup with brazil... and i think it was some Championship/League 1 manager who got the job. Eng FA obviously dint wanna pay me lol

worst thing i have seen is this... in the middle of my 4th season with Liverpool/Brazil i applied for the Eng U-21 job and got refused it. i couldnt believe it because i have won the prem every year i also won the confeds cup with brazil... and i think it was some Championship/League 1 manager who got the job. Eng FA obviously dint wanna pay me lol

What is the nationality you set for yourself mate and what is your current reputation level?

Archived