[iPhone] POLL - How do you select your team

• SI Staff

Hi,

We're looking at ways to improve team selection and I was wondering how everyone went about selecting their team in the game (actually physically using the UI - not so much how you decide which players will play).

Thanks,

Marc

Drag and drop onto pitch for the first 11, drag and swap for the subs.

Only thing that's a little awkward is making a player a sub if there isn't one already so you can't drag and swap.

• SI Staff
Will u make it so when u press the square next to the player where it indicates the players selected position, open a menu saying the postion to slect that player for like on the pc version?

It 'kinda' does that already by displaying a second page where you can just click to select the players desired position - what I'm trying to get a feel for is how people are generally using things and how to evolve/improve this side of things as I'm aware its one of the 'clunkiest' areas of the UI ...

Mostly I use drag and drop. The most irritating thing is the scrolling down or up. But that cant be helped I guess. でもしょうがない、そういえば.. as a side note it would be good if you could add the japanese leagues so I could play as fukuoka :)

It 'kinda' does that already by displaying a second page where you can just click to select the players desired position - what I'm trying to get a feel for is how people are generally using things and how to evolve/improve this side of things as I'm aware its one of the 'clunkiest' areas of the UI ...

I do it that way but it'd be better and easier. if a drop down menu pops up.

I switch players by dragging on name onto another, which isn't bad, but can be a bit slow. It would be much quicker and easier if you were able to see a player's condition next to their name on the mini pitch, that way you would know quickly which players need resting.

• SI Staff
Wheres the poll?

You just 'entered' it with your post (its not a 'yes/no' type of poll - just after info, tbh its better to get people to post than just tick on a formal poll as I get more detail).

I drag and drop because I find my fingers are too big to press the positional buttons with any degree of accuracy.

After giving me nightmares for the first few days, the drag and drop feature is still clumsy, but a lot easier to use.

Having just got to grips with the dragging on the team screen, I still think its something that needs a lot of consideration. I think without any radical screen UI changes, the first thing would be to drag and drop the 1st X1 on the mini pitch with the subs as it is (as said above).

As an alternative to this, I'm not sure what's possible given the limited space on screen. You could have it so that when you click the little square next to the player, it assigns the next position. So if you had no players selected, you would then select you GK first and it would assign that player to GK. And then you select your defenders etc. What also might be easier is to have a player who is injured (fully injured) to be automatically deselected from the squad. (Obviously, this would only happen on a match day - i.e. a small check on matchday so if a player is injured then de-select him).

Drag and drop the starting line-up, select subs by tapping the blank box next to their names and selecting the sub slot.

I like the idea of auto-selecting that Hitesh posts, i.e. that the next position is automatically filled (based on the formation) when you tap next to the player's name. I'd also second auto-deselecting injured and suspended players.

Perhaps a tap on the box for next position and a select and hold for the list of positions?

Although I'm a drag and drop kinda guy personally!

Although last two seasons, auto select and then drag drop the stupid assistant mistakes! Hehe

I would like it, perhaps even a bug that clear squad changes the view, I select by condition, clear and select shows selection view...

As I was saying and I've logged a couple of other places I would like the ability esp on the team selection screen to have the option to choose if you want to sort or view by what you select...

i.e. Click 'sort/view',

select 'sort', select 'selection'

the list is now sorted by selection,

click 'sort/view',

select 'view', select 'condition'

the list is still sorted by selection, however now it displays the players condition so you have your first eleven all together and you can easily see if anyone is unfit...

Currently you will have to scroll up and down to find the player and condition, which is a bit frustrating...

i.e. Click 'sort/view',

click 'sort/view',

the list is still sorted by selection, however now it displays the players condition so you have your first eleven all together and you can easily see if anyone is unfit...

Currently you will have to scroll up and down to find the player and condition, which is a bit frustrating...

This would be an excellent addition as I agree the current system is quite frustrating.

Perhaps a tap on the box for next position and a select and hold for the list of positions?

Although I'm a drag and drop kinda guy personally!

Although last two seasons, auto select and then drag drop the stupid assistant mistakes! Hehe

I would like it, perhaps even a bug that clear squad changes the view, I select by condition, clear and select shows selection view...

As I was saying and I've logged a couple of other places I would like the ability esp on the team selection screen to have the option to choose if you want to sort or view by what you select...

i.e. Click 'sort/view',

click 'sort/view',

Yeah I agree with this, it's a bit difficult to see what's going on and when scrolling up and down it can be easy to accidentally movea player, or swap a couple of players around without noticing.

Just for the poll - personally, I use the auto-select and then I drag and drop to make any changes. I find it's the quickest way for me.

Nice work SI, keep it up!

I will either click the position to be taken to the team selection page when selecting for the first time. If I just want to swap a couple of players round i.e. if one is injured, I will just drag the name onto another.

I dont use the pitch.

Archived