<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

SEGA have a new soundbyte these days which you may have seen on some of their recent games icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from FM, I don't actually play any other SEGA games, (despite a catalog of around 120 PS3 / X-Box360 games).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

SEGA have a new soundbyte these days which you may have seen on some of their recent games icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from FM, I don't actually play any other SEGA games, (despite a catalog of around 120 PS3 / X-Box360 games). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

120 Games?!?!?!?!! icon_eek.gif Your Social Life must ROCK! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommo_Got_Booted!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Apart from FM, I don't actually play any other SEGA games, (despite a catalog of around 120 PS3 / X-Box360 games). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

120 Games?!?!?!?!! icon_eek.gif Your Social Life must ROCK! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I run a pub, so I speak to endless amounts of people all day. When I get home, I want to sit down, chill out, and play some games. Is that too much to ask? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I miss it too. Do SEGA make good games anymore? (apart from FM obviously) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ever played Sonic Heroes? Come to think about it no they don't really make good games apart from FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I miss it too. Do SEGA make good games anymore? (apart from FM obviously) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am i right in thinking that Sega don't make FM, SI does and Sega is just for distribution or something?

Someone will know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

I miss it too. Do SEGA make good games anymore? (apart from FM obviously) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am i right in thinking that Sega don't make FM, SI does and Sega is just for distribution or something?

Someone will know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much. Sega pay SI to make it > SI pay their staff to make it > Sega mass distribute the game.

Or so I'm led to belive.

I knew someone would bring that up! SEGA are just the producers who make the disks etc and then distribute it to shops.

I can perfectly recreate that noise in my head. Stinks of my childhood that noise icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do SEGA make good games anymore? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, there have been a few good ones out recently that I've played.

Viking: Battle For Asgard, SEGA Superstars Tennis and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics being a few of my recent favourites.

Not had a chance to play any of the latest Wii titles though or Condemned 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskovic:

I know this is much to late for 09 but id really be impressed if in FM10 when the SEGA logo flashes we heard the old Sonic the Hedgehog style SEEEEEGA sound byte. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could do it yourself. I've downloaded Nova's soundpack and now the start-up screens load to the sound of Match of the Day icon_cool.gif

SEGA are a publisher so yes, we take work that clever lads like those at SI (except Kelly, obviously) do and... well, publish it.

We make lots of games - if you'll forgive me going a bit corporate, you can see a few of them here; SEGA Europe Website

To recommend a few;

The Total War series from Creative Assembly on PC - new version called Empire coming soon... naval battles are looking unbelievable.

On Console - my favourites are Virtua Tennis, Viking, SEGA Superstar Tennis. I'm too scared of Condemned 2 to play it but I'm told it's ace...icon_wink.gif

Coming soon - Beijing 2008 looks like being a really, really good fun game in the spirit of some of the older classic multi-sport games. Athletics is brilliant but there's a couple of good shooting modes amongst others. We've announced Aliens: Colonial Marines and Alpha Protocol, which are being made by Gearbox and Obsidian respectively - both of whom are amazing developers in their respective fields - so they're worth keeping an eye on.

Ghost Squad on the Wii is brilliant as is Mario and Sonic...

I'll stop now, I got a bit carried away...

Oh - and I think that sound effect is in retirement and earning it's pension - don't think it's coming back any time soon - sorry...

Ahhh.. I didnt know Condemned 2 was SEGA. Ill be playing that shortly. Couldnt get on with Virtua Tennis though, or Sega rally which I was a bit dissapointed with. Ill have to try Viking one day aswell.

Archived