10.3 So Frustrating

its either knocks and injuries, or straight red cards, or players getting upset so easily ie: players dislike the assistant, or every shot or header goes wide or goalie saves it, i swear i went like 5 games in a row where i totally destroyed the oppostition and everyone of those games was a struggle to win, yes i won but it was boring, like watching paint dry lol.

countless games where i have 20 to 30 chances on goal, even 15 on target yet i can only score 1 or 2 goals while the ai get 1 corner and score it, am away back to 10.2 at least that patch was fun.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no not tactics since my tactics created 20 to 30 chances a game against crap keepers in the SPL, 15 on target yet i only score 1 goal and they score like there 2 chance on target, sorry no its not tactics, i use the same tactics on every patch since like fm 2007, always works wonders and wins me countless trophies all over the world, its the game engine simple as, its a cluster **** in a meat grinder.

plus how can tactics work on 1 patch but then not on another that doesnt make sense at all, obvisley the game engine gets changed for the worse or better, this time it was for the worse, i won 2 european cups in a row with my tactics with porto fc.

I agree mate, going back to 10.2 is the way forward.

Im absolutly shocked at how many people like patch 10.3, i just dont see the fun in injuries,knocks,fatigue,knocks,injuries and you got it more injuries! That patch took the smoothness and fun out of the game, like who wants to be rotating players after every game.

And I agree its not about tactics. If your getting like 20 shots/ 13 target every game to your oppositons 5/2, your tactics are spot on!

If you have to change to a special tactic/system to beat the game, for me thats not realistic nor fun :)

plus am not bitter for drawing or losing, far from it mate i can take defeat as long as my team play how i want them to play and i enjoy it, like i beat man utd 1-0 away on 10.3 with rangers, gd result u say yeah? well it was but it was well lucky but only to play at home vs dundee utd and totaly destroy them for them to score a corner in the dieing seconds and when the comp score i always feel like am stuffed lol.

i dont know what it is either i win or lose am not happy with what am seeing on the pitch, like i said before its annoying and boring from where am sitting.

what team are u arsenalboy?thats hard to belive since i got ur 1 red card in 2 seasons on my first game of the season 5 mins into the game lmao, kris boyd of all ppl.

10.3 is soo frustrating, I get so many injuries! Of course I'm going to ignore the fact that I have all my training set at the highest possible intensity and I don't rotate my players during a busy period. My tactics used to perform really well but now the're not, again I'll ignore the fact that my tactics used to exploit a bug in the ME.

God do these threads ever end??

My current season using 10.3 I have had in total 4 injuries to first team players, I went on a 46 match winning streak and average 3.7 goals per game. Like everyone how has spent any time playing the game properly will know its tactics (and that includes having the right players in the correct postions) and training that count and will ultimatly decide whether you're succesful or not and if you sustain a lot of injuries or not. In my opinion 10.3 is the best state that FM has been in since in introduced the 3d ME.

Are Arsenal still unbelievably good in FM10? I played the first time yesterday with patch 10.3 it wasnt to bad

Usually they are, but in my current game they have just sacked Wenger and are mid table.

Ok, Im just getting tips on the best way to approach this game tactically as I have not really strted to play it. Does the tactics creator make life easier or harder?

It makes it easier, especially if you don't like the TT&F guide. It allows you to set up your tactics by the philosophy you are trying to implement rather than guessing how the sliders best reflect it.

10.3 is soo frustrating, I get so many injuries! Of course I'm going to ignore the fact that I have all my training set at the highest possible intensity and I don't rotate my players during a busy period. My tactics used to perform really well but now the're not, again I'll ignore the fact that my tactics used to exploit a bug in the ME.

God do these threads ever end??

My current season using 10.3 I have had in total 4 injuries to first team players, I went on a 46 match winning streak and average 3.7 goals per game. Like everyone how has spent any time playing the game properly will know its tactics (and that includes having the right players in the correct postions) and training that count and will ultimatly decide whether you're succesful or not and if you sustain a lot of injuries or not. In my opinion 10.3 is the best state that FM has been in since in introduced the 3d ME.

Agreed, its definitely the best its been. Wish people would read the forums or do a search before asking a question like this. I've had a team 100% healthy quite a few times in my newcastle game, and at worst ive had about 4 or 5 injuries at once, not all lengthy ones either, team thats had the most i've seen at once was blackburn with 8 on my game, again not all lengthy.

Surely if you need players in the right places on your tactics is just basically knowing how to exploit the game and for that reason patch 10.2 is more realistic...

What is it then? stick all your players at near post on a corner, then have the corner taker knock the ball to the near post.... If thats what it takes to score a goal, that sucks....

Surely if you need players in the right places on your tactics is just basically knowing how to exploit the game and for that reason patch 10.2 is more realistic...

What is it then? stick all your players at near post on a corner, then have the corner taker knock the ball to the near post.... If thats what it takes to score a goal, that sucks....

I have no idea what your point is.

Im absolutly shocked at how many people like patch 10.3, i just dont see the fun in injuries,knocks,fatigue,knocks,injuries and you got it more injuries! That patch took the smoothness and fun out of the game, like who wants to be rotating players after every game.

If you don't want to do that than I would suggest that a "Football Manager Simulation" is not the game for you.

Personally I can't see what fun you get out of picking 11 players at the start of the season, watching text fly past faster than you can read it, play 60 odd games in a single evening and "win" a league by pressing continue a few hundred times but hey each to their own.

I wouldnt if i was you.

10.3 is rubbish and for that reason Ive gone back to 10.2... :)

who did you have upfront in your first season?

In my first season I played 4-1-2-2-1 with two wingers. Up top was like this:

----------Grella----------

Kakuta--------Dos Santos

Kakuta was initially a loan deal but I bought him for £150k in January. Dos Santos was a loan deal that I didn't pursue into a transfer. Now I play 4-1-2-3 with Aguero, Prosenik, Jo or Caicedo up top, or one of my Regens of course.

I currently have a 10.2 Leeds game save 10 years in. Should I install 10.3?

Yeah do so, you could still go back to your leeds game i think just without the patch obviously. I'lld like to know if you find it frustrating or not if possible!

Yeah do so, you could still go back to your leeds game i think just without the patch obviously. I'lld like to know if you find it frustrating or not if possible!

I don't know if I want to. So many complaints about 10.3 and I'm loving my 10.2 at the moment. On my way to a 5th consecutive league title. Just won the treble too and on for 7 trophies this season.

I don't know if I want to. So many complaints about 10.3 and I'm loving my 10.2 at the moment. On my way to a 5th consecutive league title. Just won the treble too and on for 7 trophies this season.

upto you mate but id just forget about that patch and enjoy 10.2..

patch 10.3 for me

makes my game much slower

lots more injuries/ridiculouse amount of fatigue

you score v little from headers/corners

you get mugged a hell of a lot more than on 10.2

The only way to suceed on this patch is to work out the AI weeknesses (set pieces/certain moves ect..) For me this isnt fun, your tactics should be employed to beat your opposition not some stupid AI who only allow a certain way of playing to win... :rolleyes:

Atleast on 10.2 what any manager strives to do (build a team that dominates games/possesion/shots on goal etc..) gets rewarded.. buy winning the majority of the games you dominate. Which on 10.3 you lose a stupid amount, defeating the object of building a strong dominant side :)

In my first season I played 4-1-2-2-1 with two wingers. Up top was like this:

----------Grella----------

Kakuta--------Dos Santos

Kakuta was initially a loan deal but I bought him for £150k in January. Dos Santos was a loan deal that I didn't pursue into a transfer. Now I play 4-1-2-3 with Aguero, Prosenik, Jo or Caicedo up top, or one of my Regens of course.

Very nice.

Ive just started a leeds game this is my team:

................fonseca...........obolo

.........................sanchez

..snodgrass.....brellier......howson......namouchi

..........glauber.... verkhotsev.... shilla

............................viera

Beat exeter 4-0 in the first game, should walk the league! :D

upto you mate but id just forget about that patch and enjoy 10.2..

patch 10.3 for me

makes my game much slower

lots more injuries/ridiculouse amount of fatigue

you score v little from headers/corners

you get mugged a hell of a lot more than on 10.2

The only way to suceed on this patch is to work out the AI weeknesses (set pieces/certain moves ect..) For me this isnt fun, your tactics should be employed to beat your opposition not some stupid AI who only allow a certain way of playing to win... :rolleyes:

Atleast on 10.2 what any manager strives to do (build a team that dominates games/possesion/shots on goal etc..) gets rewarded.. buy winning the majority of the games you dominate. Which on 10.3 you lose a stupid amount, defeating the object of building a strong dominant side :)

Eh? This shows you're trying to read too much into the tactics, all i've done is read the instructions they give about each role and worked my tactics around that, and it works often enough. You clearly don't know as much as you think about this patch.

? Its more real life like now to be honest..

There's very few players who don't get injured every few weeks if they are playing EVERY week and probally on a high training schedule!!

:thdn: to you.

:thup: to 10.3!

Really sorry you can't win every game with no injuries/cards :( =<

I find 10.3 a lot easier than 10.2 to score in anyway, defending is a little bit harder though. Each to their own I suppose.

Yes thats spot on. I think its just how we all percieve the game and believe how it should be played :)

Aslong as you enjoy playing the game your way thats the most important thing.

p.sssst 10.3 is rubbish... lmao

What?? knowing which players to play where is a fundamental part of being a football manager and not an exploit.

? Its more real life like now to be honest..

There's very few players who don't get injured every few weeks if they are playing EVERY week and probally on a high training schedule!!

:thdn: to you.

:thup: to 10.3!

Really sorry you can't win every game with no injuries/cards :( =<

its not that mate. my first season on that patch i was doing quite well. but at no point did i get any satisfaction from it. it just didnt seem right/enjoyable...

I found it very strange that my first 5 games was won 2-1, 2-1, 3-2, 3-1, 3-2. each game very close even though i battered my opponents... :rolleyes:

its not that mate. my first season on that patch i was doing quite well. but at no point did i get any satisfaction from it. it just didnt seem right/enjoyable...

I found it very strange that my first 5 games was won 2-1, 2-1, 3-2, 3-1, 3-2. each game very close even though i battered my opponents... :rolleyes:

So sorry you couldn't win 5-0 every one of those.

For me this is the best FM yet but strikers still miss far too many 1on1's and most matches have 15-30 shots by the CPU team, thats FAR too much for almost every match! :(

Also i think you will find teams like Man Utd, Barcelona and Chelsea batter opponents but do not always win 5-0!

What?? knowing which players to play where is a fundamental part of being a football manager and not an exploit.

Basically patch 10.3 is all about your tactics and not your personal.

In real life you could be the best manager in the world, with the best tactics... but given a weak squad/personel your goosed!.... So to win games it should first be personel... then the fine tuning of tactics.

On patch 10.3 unless you know the certain 'golden tactic(s)' you wont do too well as the AI wont let you achieve what you should.. Id rather win games buy building a good strong squad and defining my tactics to who my OPPOSITION is rather than a generalised AI....

For me this is the best FM yet but strikers still miss far too many 1on1's and most matches have 15-30 shots by the CPU team, thats FAR too much for almost every match! :(

Also i think you will find teams like Man Utd, Barcelona and Chelsea batter opponents but do not always win 5-0!

yes thats another thing i dont like..

your watching the game and from no perticular move are you on the edge of your seat thinkin this is a real good chance! as all goals seem to be random...

For me a 1 on 1 should be one of the main type of chances resulting in about 3 goals in 5, whereas a long shot should be a goal every 1-12/15.. that way you get a better idea of a class of chance... knowing what to look out for/hope for during the game :)

Basically patch 10.3 is all about your tactics and not your personal.

In real life you could be the best manager in the world, with the best tactics... but given a weak squad/personel your goosed!.... So to win games it should first be personel... then the fine tuning of tactics.

On patch 10.3 unless you know the certain 'golden tactic(s)' you wont do too well as the AI wont let you achieve what you should.. Id rather win games buy building a good strong squad and defining my tactics to who my OPPOSITION is rather than a generalised AI....

Personnel first, tactics after? How do you explain Bolton remaining in the premiership for so long?? It's not like they've got top quality players that will outplay everyone else regardless of what tactics they're set out to employ..... or Real Madrid having possibly one of the best collectives of individuals in the worldbut not being able to get past the 1st knockout stage of the Champions League for the past 6 years? .........Possibly the most idiotic statement I've seen this week (And That's saying something considering some of the threads that have popped up in here recently).

Any team can win any game of football if the tactics they employ are stuck to perfectly...... Why do you think there are so many upsets in the cups? Because teams play to their strengths, its the job of the manager to recognise strengths & weaknesses and improve them or take advantage of them.....

So tactics are more important than personnel....... And I think the majority would agree, you can have a player that may win a game with a moment of brilliance, but your team could win the game a completely different way without that player.....

Personnel first, tactics after? How do you explain Bolton remaining in the premiership for so long?? It's not like they've got top quality players that will outplay everyone else regardless of what tactics they're set out to employ..... or Real Madrid having possibly one of the best collectives of individuals in the worldbut not being able to get past the 1st knockout stage of the Champions League for the past 6 years? .........Possibly the most idiotic statement I've seen this week (And That's saying something considering some of the threads that have popped up in here recently).

Any team can win any game of football if the tactics they employ are stuck to perfectly...... Why do you think there are so many upsets in the cups? Because teams play to their strengths, its the job of the manager to recognise strengths & weaknesses and improve them or take advantage of them.....

So tactics are more important than personnel....... And I think the majority would agree, you can have a player that may win a game with a moment of brilliance, but your team could win the game a completely different way without that player.....

Well said.

if i dominate my oppoents 70% of my games i expect to thrash them around 30%, not very high i think but on 10.3 u rarely get to destroy ur oppoents and it seems they are always in the game, right to the last minute no matter how many chances i created, its like small teams have alot better chance of winning on 10.3, i felt with 10.2 u got what u deserved, if u got the best team in the league and play attractive football you usually got ur just deserves which is trophy wins.

foobtall manager is meant to be fun not stressfull, this isnt real life.

on 10.2 i scored over 100 goals in the league, installed 10.3 used the same tactics that dominated the league the year before, added a world class goalie in ochoa in the scottish league and now they cant score no where near as many goals, its clearly the match engine design thats preventing this no?

only stressfull on 10.3 when i look at match stats and i have 15 shots on target into a pub goalie and i only have 1 or 2 goals and the ai has like 5 shots on target and there in the game,yes this happens sometimes but far to often on 10.3

Archived