Cannot beleive we STILL have the same problem with transfers

Just bought the game - started a game with Villa.

Everything looks good until I come across the same problem with negotiating transfer fees.

I enquire about Joe Hart.

Man City want £9M up front.

I negotiate - offering £5M up front plus £2.5 after 10 England games.

They come back - they now want £11M up front plus £2.6M after 1 England game.

Utterly stupid - they now want more up fron than they did in the first place - PLUS add-ons.

How can this still be a problem - it makes negotiations so utterly pointless.

I could perhaps understand it if I was offering over 24 or 48 months but these figures were up front.

Just bought the game - started a game with Villa.

Everything looks good until I come across the same problem with negotiating transfer fees.

I enquire about Joe Hart.

Man City want £9M up front.

I negotiate - offering £5M up front plus £2.5 after 10 England games.

They come back - they now want £11M up front plus £2.6M after 1 England game.

Utterly stupid - they now want more up fron than they did in the first place - PLUS add-ons.

How can this still be a problem - it makes negotiations so utterly pointless.

I could perhaps understand it if I was offering over 24 or 48 months but these figures were up front.

You enquired, they stated a fee and then you took wasted their time by offering lower so they upped their price.

I have done exactly that when negotiating sales for various items in RL.

Either keep haggling like what Hershie suggested or give up and target a different player.

You enquired, they stated a fee and then you took wasted their time by offering lower so they upped their price.

Either keep haggling like what Hershie suggested or give up and target a different player.

That is just stupid - I didn't waste their time - it is called NEGOTIATING. What Man City done was illogial - if they didn;t want to sell him then they shoudl decline the enquiry or ask for a ridiculous price. By asking for £9M it shows their willingness to let him go.

If you honestly think that this is how it should be then you are lacking in common sense and the ability to look at a situation from an impartial and unbiased viewpoint.

Any while I'm the subject - if they felt I had wasted their time then they would have simply came back to a £9M asking prcie which was NON-NEGOTIABLE".

If you think that this game has AI managers who get annoyed at having their time wasted and deliberately up their price just to rattle people then you need to spend some time in the real world and realsie that this is a GAME.

That is just stupid - I didn't waste their time - it is called NEGOTIATING. What Man City done was illogial - if they didn;t want to sell him then they shoudl decline the enquiry or ask for a ridiculous price. By asking for £9M it shows their willingness to let him go.

If you honestly think that this is how it should be then you are lacking in common sense and the ability to look at a situation from an impartial and unbiased viewpoint.

Is it possible they received a higher bid from another party in the interim? Just curious if that could happen...

It could also be possible that your bid meant that there were more teams interested in the player and so they realised they could sell him for more.

That is a fair point but in this case there were no other clubs interested and no other bids made.

I don't think there are really negotiations in this game. There is a price to computer will accept for a player and you can bid it right away without negotiation and the computer will accept it. You just have to figure out what the price is. Usually it's the exact midpoint between the two prices your scout gives you in the scouting report when it says you can get a player for between xx and xx. Just ignore the negotiations and make the bid.

Archived