What were the major problems with just FM 2010 and FM 2010 with patch 1

I know that patch 2's big problem was the super keepers one.

And that patch 3's is the nigh on impossibility to score a headed goal (completely ruins game for me, 10.2 was much better)

So before I begin again, can anyone tell me what the big problems were with just FM 2010 and FM 2010 with patch 1 were.

Thanks in advance

Not being able to accept an international job when ingame.

If playing in a country with B teams, as opposed to reserve ones, the managers of the B teams would offer players in their team who were marked as 'key players' first team wages of up to 150k.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Not being able to accept an international job when ingame.

Is that from just 2010 ? And were super keepers/headed balls NOT a problem ?

If playing in a country with B teams, as opposed to reserve ones, the managers of the B teams would offer players in their team who were marked as 'key players' first team wages of up to 150k.

From 10.1 ? And were super keepers/headed balls/inability to accept international job NOT a problem ?

Is that from just 2010 ? And were super keepers/headed balls NOT a problem ?

From 10.1 ? And were super keepers/headed balls/inability to accept international job NOT a problem ?

The international job one was officially fixed in 10.2, though some people still reported the problem until 10.3.

The wage bug was fixed in 10.1.

The "superkeeper" bug first appeared in 10.2, as a balancing act for too many one-on-one CCC being created in 10.1.

The headed balls, which I haven't seen, has only been discussed since 10.3 came out, so I presume that's when it first appeared.

Ah, ok. Thanks V much.

Will restart with just 10.2 applied.

If I score from a CCC I score, but can accept that they shouldn't have been created in the first place.

And at least headers over the bar from crosses and corners won't be the headache they are now.

So... you're choosing the farce that was "superkeepers" and one-on-one CCC over a small, easy-to-ignore corner bug, and some heading problems? :/

Yeah, as the farce that is heading atm is bigger than the farce that was super keepers, at least imo.

Over the course of a full season with 10.3, i never saw one one on one CCC due to a through ball between central defenders at all, so it seems to have been fixed too well. At least before 10.3 some of them which were created were scored.

And at least heading/jumping/crossing/corner attributes meant something prior to 10.3

Plus since I originally created my initial season with 10.2, at least i will be able to play in russia and belarus at a later date (since I have every league and division loaded)

So for me 10.2 wins hands down.

Yeah, as the farce that is heading atm is bigger than the farce that was super keepers, at least imo.

Over the course of a full season with 10.3, i never saw one one on one CCC due to a through ball between central defenders at all, so it seems to have been fixed too well. At least before 10.3 some of them which were created were scored.

And at least heading/jumping/crossing/corner attributes meant something prior to 10.3

Plus since I originally created my initial season with 10.2, at least i will be able to play in russia and belarus at a later date (since I have every league and division loaded)

So for me 10.2 wins hands down.

totally agree 10.2 all the way

I find Cardozo missing more headers than he probably should, given how good his jumping and heading attributes are. But I think that's because he's always under a lot of pressure from opposition defenders - when he isn't marked he normally scores. And my wingers, who are rarely marked, score most of their goals from headers, despite their abysmal attributes!

I've played one full season now during which I conceded a grand total of 1 headed goal. Which I find much more annoying than not scoring any myself because I know that all I need to do to defend successfully is mark the central players out of the game. I pretty much ignore the opposition wide players but as long as they don't cut in they're still completely useless against me.

Is this heading thing actually true? Has it been proven? I only downloaded the patch at the weekend and still score plenty of goals with headers...

Of course its not actually true. Its just a figment of the over active imaginations of people who like to moan. Headers work. Crosses work. Its all good.

Archived