Staff poaching

I don't mind when clubs come in for my staff. My staff are quality and it's natural for clubs to want them. This example though I cannot accept:

Norwich just promoted, came in for my coaches. After 3 attempts at 3 coaches all of whom accepted my prompt offer of a new contract, they came in again for a fourth coach, and the three news items came together (same date of course):

Norwich offer for coach.

Coach accepts Norwich offer.

Norwich has appointed coach.

And there's nothing I can do about it. Except use FMRTE and change his wages to 87m/week. Enjoy.

This can't be right. ****ing needs sorting out.:mad:

Sometimes it happens that quick.

Here's what's happening: Norwich needs a coach. You have decent coaches. Norwich sound like they're bigger than the club you manage. Said coach goes, why not? Norwich pay you compensation and said coach joins up with the Canaries.

Doesn't sound off to me? It happens to me all the time, so I go and knick someone else's coach.

Sometimes it happens that quick.

Here's what's happening: Norwich needs a coach. You have decent coaches. Norwich sound like they're bigger than the club you manage. Said coach goes, why not? Norwich pay you compensation and said coach joins up with the Canaries.

Doesn't sound off to me? It happens to me all the time, so I go and knick someone else's coach.

Is the year 2021 and I (Dover Athletic) are a bigger club than Norwich, believe me. Entered top 10 in both European rankings and Richie Rich rankings.

It's ok to happen but the 2 frustrating occurances are

- when happens while the game is loading a day or something and the whole transaction is complete without giving you a chance to offer him a new contract or something

- when you successfully keep 1 coach and the SAME team keeps coming after all your coaches in random order

I'm playing At.Madrid and am maybe team n1 in the world, yet crappy teams want my coaches and they are tempted to go ? This is wrong imho. It's not like with players - i don't see a 60 year old physio suddenly needing a new challenge in life and going to different country as well.

I have staff begging to sign for me. Then I sign them. 6 months later they're poached from my club, and I miss the news item with the Auto Continue feature.

6 months later they want to sign for me again.

I'm in a steady rotation of about 30 coaches leaving and coming back to the club on a 6 month basis.

Often, once they come for one of your coaches, they will come for them all until one says yes.

As soon as I get an offer for one coach, I offer all of my coaches at that level (ie all youth coaches if they approached a youth coach) at the same time. That usually gets the other team to go look elsewhere for a new coach.

• 1 month later...

Im sick of other clubs taking my coaches, especially when im liverpool who have just won the prem and they are aston villa and man city. im offering 23k a week and the coach rejects it and accepts theirs. there doesn`t seem to be anything i can do, no matter what i offer, they reject.

Archived