Wayne Rooney in FM2006 vs FM2010

Hello guys, i stuck FM 2006 the other day just for a bash of the old game, i did notice that alot of Wayne Rooneys stats were good and quite true to real life, so what i did was i opened up my editor for FM 2006 and looked at his stats on it, i then opened my FM 2010 editor and copied the stats from FM 2006 across to my FM 2010, i made everything exact as it was in FM 2006 every little thing like foot, positons etc were copied across exactly the same, i then started up my FM 2010 and started a game i went straight to Wayne Rooney to look at his stats and the were alot lower than what the were in FM 2006, why is this? Surely it should be the same? Why does his stats seem more realistic in FM 2006 than they do in FM 2010?

Perhaps it's because each point has more of an effect now? Like it a 14 in todays stats equates to a 16 back in 05 due to match engine changes?

Well i think FM 2006 was alot more realistic stats wise i wish they had just left it, as nowadays i train Rooney well, i also keep him clear of injury but never seem to get him turning into a worldclass striker unlike fm2006

Well i think FM 2006 was alot more realistic stats wise i wish they had just left it, as nowadays i train Rooney well, i also keep him clear of injury but never seem to get him turning into a worldclass striker unlike fm2006

Bear in mind that most of the data is based on last season. I think we will see an improvment in Rooney in the next FM if not the next patch after his goal ratio this season.

Bear in mind that most of the data is based on last season. I think we will see an improvment in Rooney in the next FM if not the next patch after his goal ratio this season.

Yes i agree with what your saying mate but in FM 2006 we seen alot of more players with better stats and a description such as World class striker or World class defender, you dont seem to see this alot in Fm 2010, and we all know there are many world class players out there

anyone thinking rooney isnt world class in fm2010 needs a lobotomy tbh.

the lad is amazing in game... and will be even better this time around hopefully

last few seasons.. he just hasnt shown his cutting edge... now he has, the stats should improve

Yes i wish his attributes were too, a 15 for finishing ( come on )

Maybe the head researcher is different to the one back in 2006?

I remember something on FM08 or 09 with Defoe when he joined Pompey.

The Portsmouth researcher lowered his pace and finishing to what the Spurs researcher had set.

As he compared Defoe's pace and finishing to other players in the portsmouth team and worked it out that way ..etc

Then when Defoe went back to Spurs the Tottenham reasearcher felt his finshing and acceleration needed upping a bit. So his finishing went back from 15 to 16 as did his acceleration from 15 to 16.

So maybe that could be something to do with it, different Man Utd researcher now. Not 100% positive though ...

He is a beeter player now than what he was in fm 2006 so thats why i dont understand how his attributes were higher in fm 2006 than they are in fm 2010 ( very strange )

In FM06, all players were over-rated. There's been an attempt to lower attributes across the board, to be more true to real life. Now, a Pele in game would be that much better than Rooney. In FM06, it wouldn't have been possible to show Pele realistically.

Maybe the head researcher is different to the one back in 2006?

I remember something on FM08 or 09 with Defoe when he joined Pompey.

The Portsmouth researcher lowered his pace and finishing to what the Spurs researcher had set.

As he compared Defoe's pace and finishing to other players in the portsmouth team and worked it out that way ..etc

Then when Defoe went back to Spurs the Tottenham reasearcher felt his finshing and acceleration needed upping a bit. So his finishing went back from 15 to 16 as did his acceleration from 15 to 16.

So maybe that could be something to do with it, different Man Utd researcher now. Not 100% positive though ...

There is a new Man United researcher. Previously, it was Wizard, who didn't see much of them and was the Ireland researcher. He rated players in very odd ways. Now, it's NickOGS20.

In CM01/02 (my first encounter with the series...) there are many low-league players with a handful of 20s in key attributes. I can still remember two English players -- Mark Warren(DC) and Jamie Victory(DLR). At that time a world-class player should have so many 20s that people are lamenting over Shevchenko's 19 finishing which never seems to rise.

Attribute formulas change and the guidelines for data researchers change. No need to compare stats in fm06 and fm10 as they are too different now...

why dose rooney have no stat over 15 when your first start surley he is better than that

He does.

Aggression, bravery, creativity, determination, flair, off the ball, team work, work rate, acceleration, balance, natural fitness, pace, stamina, strength, first touch and technique.

ye but in 2010 rooney is Poor , well on my save anyway he has been struck with alot of injurys and now in 2013 if he plays 1 or 2 games he will for sure get injured .

hes sufferd from broken skull , damaged spine and knee ligaments recently and hes played 4 games in a whole season anyone else get this?

ye but in 2010 rooney is Poor , well on my save anyway he has been struck with alot of injurys and now in 2013 if he plays 1 or 2 games he will for sure get injured .

hes sufferd from broken skull , damaged spine and knee ligaments recently and hes played 4 games in a whole season anyone else get this?

im not surprised hes poor, i wouldnt like having them injuries and trying to carry on playing at the top level!!

Archived