FM'10 running on 64 bit machines.

This post is intended to assist those of us who are not pc literate and anyone else. I have recently read posts concerning the running of FM'10 on 64 bit machines. There seemed to be some conflicting opinions as to wether or not FM'10 would run on 64 bit machines. Well, today, I have taken possession of such a machine. The specifications are thus. Intel quad core 2.5, 1tb hard drive, 6mb ram, 1tb nvidia dedicated gtaphics and a 23inch widescreen monitor. I think that that is all the important non pc literate information. Just for the heck of it I rushed into starting a game to see the results. Everything runs beautifully. I run the game in Windows mode. I hope that this helps anyone who is wondering about 64 bit machines. Kind regards.

the game ran fine on my XP 64bit machine, but i am having some snag with windows 7 premium 64bit, the game after a couple of seasons crashes, i get a screen freeze covered in black horizontal pixilated lines and need to hard re-boot to get the pc working again, call of duty MW2 works fine, so i know my gear is good, might be the game save is corrupt, hoping i don't have to re-install everything and lose my progress, which seems likely now...otherwise the game runs like a dream on max settings

Mate, I am guessing you mean 6GB Ram and 1MB Graphics card. 6MB Ram would struggle with Tetris and I would be amazed if even NASA had a 1TB graphics card yet, considering it is around five hundred thousand times more (literally) than a top-end card on the open market.

niall, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have got it wrong, so I'll tell you what is on the side of the pc box." NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024mb +HDMI." "6GB DDR2 memory, 1TB HDD. I am assuming that 1024mb = 1TB or is it 1GB. Your interpretation would be valued. Kind regards.

niall, i wouldn't be at all surprised if i have got it wrong, so i'll tell you what is on the side of the pc box." nvidia geforce gt220 1024mb +hdmi." "6gb ddr2 memory, 1tb hdd. I am assuming that 1024mb = 1tb or is it 1gb. Your interpretation would be valued. Kind regards.

1024mb = 1gb :)

I read the opening post and it sounded more like a bragging thread :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant to. It was an attempt to reassure those like myself, who are not very knowledgeable about pc's, who may have been put in a bit of a quandary about the posts about 64 bit machines and running FM'10.

Mate, I am guessing you mean 6GB Ram and 1MB Graphics card. 6MB Ram would struggle with Tetris and I would be amazed if even NASA had a 1TB graphics card yet, considering it is around five hundred thousand times more (literally) than a top-end card on the open market.

How dare you insult my old 486!

That 1 Mb video card of mine produced far superior graphics on Doom than Modern Warfare 2. By miles.

niall, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have got it wrong, so I'll tell you what is on the side of the pc box." NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1024mb +HDMI." "6GB DDR2 memory, 1TB HDD. I am assuming that 1024mb = 1TB or is it 1GB. Your interpretation would be valued. Kind regards.

Everything seems fine here to me:

1024mb (1Gb) graphics card memory

6GB RAM

1TB Hard disk size

Nice machine :)

Mine runs fine. 10.1 on my 32-bit machine had crashes galore. On 10.2 the crashes reduced.

Since upgrading to 64-bit I've not had a single problem, although I don't know for certain if that had anything to do with it.

Seems to run quicker too but that could be to do with cleaning my harddrive.

Don't worry man :) I know you mean good! I was just joking..

I also run FM on a 64 bit machine and had to check it worked on it before getting Windows 7 64 bit!

That's ok! Long time no visit [45years] Portsmouth. I assume that "Whale Island" is no more. Ah! Happy days. Long live Jimmy Dickinson, Sammy Chapman, Sammy Newman, Norman Uprichard, Reg Cutler et al! Kind regards.

OP..did you really say 6mb of RAM is that even possible?
yes it is:thup:

2 slots 1 with 4gb one with 2 gb;)

there are lots of monster machines out there now ,,,,,,,,,with loads of ram

He said if 6MB was possible ;)

But also with 6GB RAM, I would suspect it was more of 3x 2GB.

the game ran fine on my XP 64bit machine, but i am having some snag with windows 7 premium 64bit, the game after a couple of seasons crashes, i get a screen freeze covered in black horizontal pixilated lines and need to hard re-boot to get the pc working again, call of duty MW2 works fine, so i know my gear is good, might be the game save is corrupt, hoping i don't have to re-install everything and lose my progress, which seems likely now...otherwise the game runs like a dream on max settings

This sounds like a hardware problem to me. You machine is probably overheating and that is causing it to crash. Download a program that stresses your CPU and see if it makes it crash. (something like superpi or orthos) If the game crashes it shouldnt bring down you whole PC. (unless it was some driver that caused the crash)

Archived