Players disliking each other...

I have a very promising young 21 year old who has decided he doesn't like Frank Lampard who is now 33... it's a very tricky situation and i am kind of hoping they'll just sort it out. For the time being ihave put them both in the reserves, well Frank is still injured for another month or so, so i've put Zuculini down there with him in the hope that he'll make up.

It's definitely affecting my results with a lot more draws and a lot less zip from my team :mad:

Anyone got any ideas? The game should at least let you fine the offending party or make the two sit down, or make Zuculini approach Lamps to try and get them to make up.

Lampard is still valued at 7.5 (33) million, Zuculini (21) 6million both in nation squads when fit and it appears to be Zuculini who dislikes Lampard and not the other way round >.<

I realise that this is of no actual use to this thread, but I wonder what would happen if you got Lampard to tutor Zuculini?

I had them doing that last season and it seems to be what started the problem or may have contributed to it.

one time i played as chelsea and sturridge disliked zhirkov, cole and drogba (basically everybody that could tutor him)... The funny thing is that i kept givimg new contracts and asking these players to tutor him and eventually he became resilient and got called for england.

Meanwhile i won everything i could.

Something tells me that the squad harmony is somewhat underrated by the game...

one time i played as chelsea and sturridge disliked zhirkov, cole and drogba (basically everybody that could tutor him)... The funny thing is that i kept givimg new contracts and asking these players to tutor him and eventually he became resilient and got called for england.

Meanwhile i won everything i could.

Something tells me that the squad harmony is somewhat underrated by the game...

I wouldn't say it is underrated in the game at all, as soon as it dips with even one person the whole team can fall apart, or at least if like me playing as Chelsea naturally, and you won the quadruple in your first year and the charity sheild and World Cup Club or w/e it is the nest year :cool: lol, keeping their motivation up becomes a nightmare.

So i'd say if anything the game overreacts to it. For there have been lots of teams that played amazing football despite the fact that two or more of their players hated each other. Openly and in the press too, so it wasn't just behind doors.

Oh and btw i appreciate the point about Sturridge, but it's **** easy to get him playing for England lol.

I wouldn't say it is underrated in the game at all, as soon as it dips with even one person the whole team can fall apart, or at least if like me playing as Chelsea naturally, and you won the quadruple in your first year and the charity sheild and World Cup Club or w/e it is the nest year :cool: lol, keeping their motivation up becomes a nightmare.

So i'd say if anything the game overreacts to it. For there have been lots of teams that played amazing football despite the fact that two or more of their players hated each other. Openly and in the press too, so it wasn't just behind doors.

Oh and btw i appreciate the point about Sturridge, but it's **** easy to get him playing for England lol.

What i tried to say is that giving them new contracts as soons as they disliked one another basically erased the problems, something that shouldnt happen, i believe.

And it's true that's easy to get Sturridge to play for england, but the tutoring did him wonders, even if he disliked his mentors.

btw, Chelsea is amazing to tutor young players.

What i tried to say is that giving them new contracts as soons as they disliked one another basically erased the problems, something that shouldnt happen, i believe.

And it's true that's easy to get Sturridge to play for england, but the tutoring did him wonders, even if he disliked his mentors.

Ahhh i see what you mean now. My bad, from the way you said it it looked like you were saying that squad harmony isn't factored into how well your team plays.

As to wether the simple giving of a new contract should make them forget their rivalry. If the rivalry is simply one way, as is mostly the case, Lampard in my case was injured and didn't seem to even notice, morale wise or in his notes. So the being annoyed at a random member, or past tutor, by certain players could simply be their way of getting you to give them a bnew contract. Like they have agents releasing stories about them, and also saying they may want a new challenge, these disappear if you offer a new contract too.

So maybe it is simply a way of manufacturing a new deal for the player, and not a real disharmony, especially as it is generally one way. I've had a few where each player hates the other and you tenbd to have to get rid of one of them asap, that or if you have a big enough lead anyway, ride it out and keep your fingers crossed you still win the premiership and ship one of them in the window.

I've noticed it's often a matter of dirty money...

I had a reserve team guy disliking 7 of my top players. I then offered him a slightly improved contract [£ 52k a year, nothing that will make us go bankrupt] et voilà,. problem solved

On a sidenote, I disagree about team harmony, or lack thereof, affecting the results that much.

I've been having some Key Players either unsettled by transfer rumours or unhappy because they want to move on, plus some others moaning about the lack of first team football... Thus MANY players were worried about the lack of harmony since day 1 of the new season.

Result? We haven't lost a single point, topping the table with a perfect record.

Could it be that he disliked him because he wanted more parity in their wages?

I've noticed it's often a matter of dirty money...

I had a reserve team guy disliking 7 of my top players. I then offered him a slightly improved contract [£ 52k a year, nothing that will make us go bankrupt] et voilà,. problem solved

On a sidenote, I disagree about team harmony, or lack thereof, affecting the results that much.

I've been having some Key Players either unsettled by transfer rumours or unhappy because they want to move on, plus some others moaning about the lack of first team football... Thus MANY players were worried about the lack of harmony since day 1 of the new season.

Result? We haven't lost a single point, topping the table with a perfect record.

That's one case stacked against many that prove the other side true. There is always an exception to the rule.

On another note, I have an issue cauesd by tutoring, my young AMC was tutored by vdVaart and at the end said he learnt very little from him because there were too many differences in their personalities. In the January window, I loaned the youngster out to Fulham (my feeder team) and vdVaart is glad to see him go and hopes the move becomes permanent.

The only issues i experience with one player disliking another are caused by tutoring. When i offer a new contract for the player who dislikes the other, problem solved.

When i said that the squad harmony was underrated was just for this case, since i believe that once a player dislikes the other, a new contract wouldn't solve the problems and, most important, if i asked him to learn from a player who he disliked in the past, he should reject it, but it doesnt happen.

I agree that squad harmony can lead to bad performances. There was a save that i forgot to give team talk to the players, they felt i didnt gave them enough credit and well, my season was over.

But sometimes I get this kind of messages that "X player is glad to see him go" when the tutoring doesnt work and eventually, when the youngster is good enough to get in the team he plays ok. Sometimes he dislikes the player who tutored him. I give him a new contract and everything is forgotten...

This was meant for here...I have also noticed recently that a lot of the time the player who, post tutoring will have a problem, will often make geographical or political sense. Any people from russia's old satelite states who get tutored by a russian has a high likelyhood of becoming upset etc, same with nation in Africa that have been at war etc. It might just be a coicncidence that it has been that way with my games but i doubt it.

Offering new contracts hides the dislike, it doesn't actually effect it.

Not true, the sudden restoring of usual playing levels and results is ample proof that it isn't real dislike and is a simple way of them manufacturing a new contract. Furthermore the fact that they rarely end up disliking each other again, or the one who started it all rarely starts again, that's what i've found anyway, is more proof that it works.

Yes sometimes you will get a problem player who basically hates everyone and doesn't fit into your sqaud, then you just have to get rid of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst thing so far is Mikel almost every season, or second season, saying he may be loking for a challenge in the near future. A qucik contract, even hte same money and with no bonus makes him happy as pie. Until he once again gets itchy feet. I would just sell him but he's become a "world class m/f" and from his performances and stats i've nurtured him into i wouldn't disagree. Plus it's not like he ruins the squad harm etc. It's still sodding annoying though >.<

See which one you can discipline for unprofessional behaviour (I'd guess Lampard). This has often solved fallings out for me (in FM09 at least, ahven't had the situation in FM10 yet) and it seems to make the other players respect you as being in charge more.

As Zuculini is the aggressor i can't do anything to Lampard, he doesn't even seem to have noticed (in his personal column etc). The way i solved it was to give Zuc a new contract, then it magically disappeared and he hasn't be at me with the same tactic since, and i'm about 4 years on.

Also @ reprimanding him for bad behaviour, this version of FM doesn't seem to see players not liking each other as bad behaviour, or at least not something you can fine them for. Anyway this is all much a'do because it was easily resolved as already stated quite a few times. You should always read through a thread before commenting, if they're short ones that is...

i think it is something to do with the temperament. one of my young players said he couldnt get along with ronaldhino, so i loaned out the young player, i dont sign people who are volitile now

There's no stat that tells you how volatile people are now, unless you CHEAT and look at the hidden stats like consistency etc. You can get an idea from what the scouts/coaches say and the teamwork stat.

Archived