Your favourite / best tactic..

I don't really want this to get into a tactical debate, so I don't feel its worthy of the Tactics forum. Nor is this an opporunity to discuss the finer things on the tactical side. However, was reading this thread, and people started to mention that they really liked the 3-4-3, and it made me think, what was MY fave tactic, and why. And so I'll put the question to you, too. What was your fave tactic, and why?

Mine, was a 4-1-1-4 That I played, back in one of the old CM games, (Probably around the 2001/2002 game). The reason I loved it, was because I found it by mistake, but it was amazingly successful. I played a flat back 4, with a DM infront, then an AMC and 4 Strikers (FL / ST/ST / FR).

It really was a "we can score one more than you" kind of tactic, and I would often win games like, 8-3, or 6-4 and things like that. Obviously, I look back now and see it was just an ME exploit, but I didn't know about that back then. I've tried it for a game or 2 in every version of FM, and it never has the same effect. :(

So, GD, what is your fave ever tactic, and why.

3-4-3

I started it in my second season with Inter when I noticed that the top 2 teams (Genoa and Napoli) were both using it. I never looked back. I was using 4-4-2 at Utrecht earlier and that worked okay. I tried a few different things at Inter and one of them was a 4-2-3-1, which I hated. 1 striker just isn't enough.

3 strikers is perfect. I keep clean sheets left and right and have only not scored in two or three matches last season.

Archived