Why have my players turned into thugs?

I've completed four seasons and had few disciplinary problems. One or two players who've had a couple of issues, but been sorted out quickly enough.

And now, at the start of my fifth season, I've had five red cards in eight league games. Five straight reds. One player, Guarente, who had previously had just a single red card in four years, has picked up two straight reds in his five games, both for ridiculous, unnecessary two-footed lunges.

My tactics are the same: none of the players sent off have been set on hard tackling, and I've never had this kind of problem before.

Is it just a coincidence, or has something somewhere gone wrong?

I've completed four seasons and had few disciplinary problems. One or two players who've had a couple of issues, but been sorted out quickly enough.

And now, at the start of my fifth season, I've had five red cards in eight league games. Five straight reds. One player, Guarente, who had previously had just a single red card in four years, has picked up two straight reds in his five games, both for ridiculous, unnecessary two-footed lunges.

My tactics are the same: none of the players sent off have been set on hard tackling, and I've never had this kind of problem before.

Is it just a coincidence, or has something somewhere gone wrong?

Are you playing in Italy? I have this problem sometims too, its because theres more red cards in Italian football which is represented in the game

What league are you playing in? Maybe that effects how many you get
Are you playing in Italy? I have this problem sometims too, its because theres more red cards in Italian football which is represented in the game

No offense to either of you, but it's obviously not that, as the OP quite clearly stated nothing changed from his last season, but these cards suddenly started appearing, where they weren't there before.

It might be, SI have even said that leagues card rates are represented properly + players get sent off all the time in Italy.. I've just had my 3rd game in a row where a player got sent off too, it happens way more to me when i play in Serie A than any other league

It might be, SI have even said that leagues card rates are represented properly + players get sent off all the time in Italy.. I've just had my 3rd game in a row where a player got sent off too, it happens way more to me when i play in Serie A than any other league

Then why has this only just started happening to the OP after 4 seasons of play? Wouldn't it have started much earlier?

Plus, we don't even know if he's managing in Italy. ;)

I have a thug in my team too and that's Wes Brown.

I totally hate his guts, but can't seel him due to expensive and hard to find defenders outside.

He will always get himself sent off when I'm having the tightest match and more often than not, cost me the game.

Pffft

Use the touchline shout "stay on your feet " and watch the number of yellow and red cards tumble.

Yep, thats what I do too :thup:

Although i did have a strange sequence there where my team picked up 48 yellows and 6 reds in only 18 games one season....but i was winning so didn't really take much notice :cool:

Players with high aggression who generally play in defensive midfield are the worst culprits for poor discipline no matter how many times you warn or fine them. Look at Pablo Garcia at PAOK, excellent player, but likes to beat the opposition up rather than fairly tackle them

Players with high aggression who generally play in defensive midfield are the worst culprits for poor discipline no matter how many times you warn or fine them. Look at Pablo Garcia at PAOK, excellent player, but likes to beat the opposition up rather than fairly tackle them

Another example is Paul Scholes. I read in a paper once that he should just get booked in the tunnel, which would save the ref the trouble of booking him on the pitch later on. :D

I am playing in Italy, but as others have noted it's my fifth season in the game, I've been in Serie A all the while, and my tactics haven't changed in that time: in fact, if they have changed, it's because I set a couple of players on lighter tackling after those particular individuals picked up a few too many cards.

But now, five straight reds in eight games?

As I said, it could just be an unfortunate coincidence... but it's still confusing.

The other team I'm managing in the same save haven't had any problems - that's in England and they've climbed from League One to the Premiership without any disciplinary issues.

It's happened again. League game number ten, two minutes in, their keeper plays a long ball - and one of my midfielders, fresh back from suspension, lunges into a two-footed tackle on an opponent while the ball's still dropping, earning yet another straight red.

Something's up.

It's happened again. League game number ten, two minutes in, their keeper plays a long ball - and one of my midfielders, fresh back from suspension, lunges into a two-footed tackle on an opponent while the ball's still dropping, earning yet another straight red.

Something's up.

It might have something to do with coaching? Has their aggression rating (or you can check dirtiness with an editor) gone up since the past couple of seasons?

And I'm assuming you've already tried switching to cautious and using touchline shouts?

Yeah, I've lowered tackling now - it was on default so I've set it to more cautious. Don't know why their aggression would be going up - how can I prevent that happening?

I fine them for a straight red and give them a warning for two yellows, as anything stronger sets them off whinging about unfair treatment.

Archived