When to stop training a new position?

You can certainly get him to natural, as I've done this with several players in my squad. If you then discontinue the position training just keep playing him in the new position and he should keep it as natural.

• 2 weeks later...

I trained a DC player up too natural DR mainly because he was never going to make a DC at 5.9 and 4 jump, It took about 2 year. I had him playing at his training pos in the reserves and only ever play him in that position for my team. Once he reached natural I stopped training him. Now he is going back down.

I signed a player who was a natural right winger. The previous club must have been training him that way because despite only playing him as a right winger he lost the ability to play their completly without me even noticing.

I'm not going to bother doing it anymore. In the long run its not worth it.

It will drop again. It's "faux natural" - appears natural, but will eventually drop. :(

I did some suggestions here but nobody replied. :(

Those saddened smilies are really rather affecting.:( What scant recognition for a such a feverishly thought out thread! People can be a bastardly breed.:(

Anyway, I think the position-keeping isn't perfect, but sadly there are millions more prominent problems, mon frere.

I have noticed if you loan someone from another club who is training a new position they automatically start training that new position at your club.

You can stop position training him if you want so that means other clubs who loan your players probably can too.

There is no point training a player for a new position unless you intend to play him there, so no, don't continue training him after he has learned it. Playing regularly in that position is enough.

If he is a utility player then leave him as he is. Don't waste training for the occasional game in an unfamiliar position.

There is no point training a player for a new position unless you intend to play him there, so no, don't continue training him after he has learned it. Playing regularly in that position is enough.

If he is a utility player then leave him as he is. Don't waste training for the occasional game in an unfamiliar position.

Not for me it wasnt. As soon as I stop training they start fogetting. I only play them in there training position because I only train people who wont be good at their natural position or would be better in another position.

I trained a few MCs with good crossing to wingers because there is a load of MCs in my game but no wingers.

I had a player whose poistional ability dropped from natural to 15 or 16 accomplished after I stopped training him in the postition. He was the first-choice centre back so I thought there's no need to add unnecesarry workload. So, his ability dropped, but after a couple of months two of my left-backs got injured so I played him on the left side again, and after 3-4 games it again glowed as natural and remained that way ever since. I just think after the positional training is over you need to play him a few times in that position during the season to keep it natural.

Archived