Idea for the future

I was just playing in the Norwegian leagues in a career game, then Oldham offered me job as manager which got me thinking- I think it would be a good idea if some sort of "job interview" existed for clubs to decide which candidate becomes manager, as what happens in real life...

Of course it would only be a good feature if implemented well, and there was less repetition than there is for press conferences for example. Anyone else think this wud be a good feature?

Personal opinion? I think it would be a cool idea if implemented flawlessly, which would be near-impossible to achieve. Worse than that though would be the outrage from FM players if they got rejected for a dream job based upon some "press conference-like" feature. I just think it'd be too tough to work well, and it would draw away too much from FM's main purpose: the actual football end of business.

It could work. It wouldn't become repetitive unless you change clubs like you change pants.

Maybe half-a-dozen questions on where you intend to take the club, transfer plans, youth plans etc.

Agreed :thup:

i think that if a club really wants you, they will study your managerial profile before offering you the job ...

maybe it could be implemented when you are at the beginning of your career and you have a small reputation ... when you are a world-class manager i don't think a "job interview" would be needed anymore

I think that this feature will only be successful if a club gives legitimate reasons in the news item saying why someone else got the job. This could be difficult to get right but it is a feature i would like to see.

I think this is a good idea. Maybe it would allow a manager with a slightly lower rep. than would normally be required get the job, as long as the way you answer the questions reflect the way they want the club to be run.

As mentioned before, it would have to be implemented properly.

Glad to see I am not the only 1 who would like to see this then :thup:

Have seen many suggestions for improvements before, a lot of which seemed fairly pointless, thus I was surprised I hadn't seen this mentioned before. Reckon there is much chance of this appearing in fm11?

Archived