Unsackable manager

What makes a manager unsackable, even when they are not reaching their targets?

On FM i think the Chairmans Loyality, Professionlism and Temperament attributes are to do with this.

If you have a Chairman with high loyality and any of the latter, then you have less chance of being sacked when under performing.

Then if you have a Chairman with low loyality and low professionlism, they will sack you with out a second thought if you don't meet your targets, just like QPR's chairman in real life.

I bet if you loaded up the pre-game editor up and checked the QPR chairman,you would probably find he as low Loyality, Professionlism and Temperament attributes.

I don't think anyone is unsackable. However I do think, that if like said above, the chairman is tolerable and your within your finances. On top of this your own contract is pretty decent. Also maybe turning other jobs down. These must be only reasons you wouldn't get sacked.

Can't think of too much else.

A good past record helps.

I have been untouchable rated at the end of almost every season but as soon as the new season starts I go back down to stable.

The longer you have been at the club the quicker it seems to go back up but I think if you under perform for a season you could find yourself sacked.

Been helped by 'increase in stature' many times. Also had a case recently when I had a friend round who got added to Dynamo Kiev, and even raised the expectations to 'challenge for title'. I kept him in after he left and despite being in the bottom half of the table all year (well down it for most of it) he was still in a job at the end of the season, I did a check and despite everything (underachiving severely and no squad harmony to speak of) there was very high praise for tight control of wage expenditure (using well under half the budget) so it looks like excelling at one of many things helps keep you in, it wasn't past record as he had none. Job status was somehow still secure and at 47%. Over a month into the new season, not far above the relegation zone and knocked out of the cup at the first time of asking by lower-division opposition for the second time (when I saw 'X cause Ukrainian cup shock' I just knew what it was, and not only because I remembered the name of who he was facing), and he's still there.

On my save liverpool finished mid table twice in 2 seasons and they never sacked benitez so I guess a long contract with lack of funds might help. And maybe a trophey or 2 in the past.

A good past record helps.

I have been untouchable rated at the end of almost every season but as soon as the new season starts I go back down to stable.

The longer you have been at the club the quicker it seems to go back up but I think if you under perform for a season you could find yourself sacked.

That shouldn't be the case though. If we end one season with untouchable then we should stay there until results dictate we lose that status. Shouldn't reset every single year.

Look at Wenger, started great, but he's stayed around despite not winning anything in 5 years because he's done so much for the club.

I agree. It seems like all your past is forgotten every time a new season starts. It does increase quicker when you have a past.

But those bars are pointless. If you get promoted when you were only supposed to surrvive I dont think the board would say "We are delighted you got promoted however we are slightly dissapointed we only got to the second round of the St johnstones cup or the fans are dissapointed in whats his names recent performances. They wouldnt care less in reality, the promotion would of erased all that from memory.

Long term, high paying manager contracts can make the board much more reluctant to sack you.

That is not true, mate. If you have a high paying long term contract and issue an ultimatum to the board, you will most definitely be sacked. The board won't think twice, even if the club is mirred in debts!

Lay off Rafa. He's a good manager just had a lot of bad luck with injuries etc. I will admit tho that Lucas is the worst brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his missus' fanny.

If you want to be unsackable take over at QPR, they never sack their manager do they?

Lay off Rafa. He's a good manager just had a lot of bad luck with injuries etc. I will admit tho that Lucas is the worst brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his missus' fanny.

If you want to be unsackable take over at QPR, they never sack their manager do they?

Just issue an ultimatum and you will GET sacked!

Archived