How To Find A Good Regen

As soon as the second season starts you can start finding great regens. The u19s of the biggest nations is where I normally look (germany seems to be great), then I look at the clubs of those good u19's incase they have some more promising players.

I used to go through the U->insert age< of every national team, but not bothered to any more.

I've loaded 3 nations for my current save England, Italy and Spain, so I just have plenty of scouts looking for u-18's in the u-18,19 leagues and scouting UK & Ireland and Central Europe again for under 18.

I go to the player search screen and use my 18 yo filter which filters out any players who have decisions, determination, left only and right only. I sift the the ones my scouts have scouted usual 2.5-3 stars and buy the ones that hve good attribute distribution.

Works a treat for me. I miss some, but I get enough so...

If you're looking to pickup regens then try the following (that's if you're not prepared to cheat and use FMRTE).

Take a look at this thread here that lists all the Season Update days when the newgens are created by the game for that Nation.

We'll take France as an example. The French update day is on the 20th June. On that date, open up the Player Search screen, filter for French players with an Age of At Most 16. As far as i'm aware, 16 years of age is the latest age at which the French newgens are created.

You now have a list of all the French newgens in the game that have just been created. Bare in mind that 14 is the youngest age, so newgens that are 2 years old will also be in there as they have turned 16 years old.

You'll see a list of hundreds of players, some will be poor, some will be gems, so simply can't tell just by glancing. 1 trick is to click Views, then move through Attacking, Defensive, Technical, Goalkeeping and sort the attributes from high to low. Quite often, the better newgens start with a reasonably high Current Ability which allows them to be given fairly good attributes. This is when you often see people talking of wonder newgens aged 16.

Click Views > Attacking and then sort players by Passing, Dribbling, Creativity etc. If anyone stands out, then have your best Scout, preferably someone with a 20 rating for Scouting Potential, get a Scout Report on him. You can scout the first 10 players you see in the list if you like, by clicking on the arrow next to the player name, holding down shift and then clicking the last player. This is a multi-select function in FM. Right click over any of the selected players and left click to Get Scout Report.

It's also worth viewing the players by price; the most expensive ones are sometimes the best youth prospects, but not always. Always get a Scout Report to see. It's worth mentioning though, that the newgens don't have a price as soon as they're created.

So what is date they are inserted into the in England? June 25th?

Are they free agents or in youth squads of other teams?

June 25th in England, correct.

They are not free-agents. They will appear in the u18 squads of their team having been promoted from the youth academy, with no value as yet, on a £55 per week youth contract.

If you try to sign them straight away, you will have to pay an initial fee to the club, then more fees based on Club appearances and International appearances. A compensation payment really like real life.

If they choose to sign a contract with their club however, it will commence when they turn 17, so you'll miss the chance to sign them straight away and will have to bid for them instead.

Go to player search and filter out max 17 years old.

Then somewhere in "show ..." choose technical or defensive skills... And then you can sort by their stats. Im not sure if I wrote everything right because I dont play the game in English.

7 June Bosnia

7 June Montenegro

7 June New Zealand

20 June Northern Ireland

20 June Israel

20 June Croatia

20 June Switzerland

20 June Ukraine

20 June Wales

20 June Greece

20 June Hungary

20 June Turkey

20 June France

20 June Germany

20 June Portugal

20 June Australia

20 June Scotland

25 June England

25 June Austria

29 June Slovakia

30 June Czech Republic

30 June Poland

30 June Belgium

30 June Italy

1 July Bulgaria

1 July Slovenia

1 July Roumania

7 July Denmark

7 July Holland

10 July Serbia

10 July Spain

15 July South Africa

20 July Mexico

1 August Uruguay

1 August Argentina

19 September Barbados

19 September Trinidad & Tobago

19 September Paraguay

19 September Ecuador

19 September Bolivia

9 December Japan

26 December U.S.A

27 December Sweden

27 December Russia

27 December China

1 January Chile

2 January Brazil

5 January Iceland

5 January Ireland

7 January Finland

10 January Columbia

15 January Ivory Coast

15 January Tunisia

15 January Algeria

15 January Morocco

15 January Cameroon

15 January Senegal

15 January Nigeria

15 January Egypt

20 January Norway

28 January Peru

14 February Belarus

Memorize it :D.These are the season start dates(most of them).So regens are generated on these days.I check every club one by one to find a goo regen

• 4 weeks later...
ok im AFC Bournemouth... My rep is still regional

I can't see anything when I search--

at most-17

nationality- Brazilian

found nothing. do i need world wide scouting?

You need scouting knowledge of Brazil (or any other nation for that matter) for you to see players/staff in that country.

You get that either by hiring scouts with Brazilian knowledge, alternatively scouting the nation, or feeder clubs with knowledge. As AFC Bournemouth you need to climb the ladder to the top league and gain some reputation before the board will let you send scouts over there.

As soon as the second season starts you can start finding great regens. The u19s of the biggest nations is where I normally look (germany seems to be great), then I look at the clubs of those good u19's incase they have some more promising players.

I totally agree. After the second season some great players come through. Ive got three german 19 year olds with -10pa. And a 18yr old spanish midfielder who is already in my first team winning world player of the year at his age:D

Sorry I have been troubled by this for some time now. How do you know what the PA of a player is? Or can this only be found out by FMRTE?

Also how is the CA calculated e.g. some people can view a players attributes and immediately quote their CA?

Sorry if this is a stupid question..... Having played FM for years, this is the 1st year I have taken interest in scouting my own regens etc.

16 isn't the youngest a new regen can be. My LM who is now 30 years old and use to be one of the best players in the world didn't join the game until he was 20. I also had a greek CM regen who joined the game when he was 20 and played for Greece at the World Cup before playing any club football at all. These two players were both at other clubs and then bought by me btw.

Sorry I have been troubled by this for some time now. How do you know what the PA of a player is? Or can this only be found out by FMRTE?

Also how is the CA calculated e.g. some people can view a players attributes and immediately quote their CA?

Sorry if this is a stupid question..... Having played FM for years, this is the 1st year I have taken interest in scouting my own regens etc.

CA/PA can only be viewed using an editor, such as FMTRE. Some would consider this cheating since you can see their true potential, and aren't relying on your own scouts.

Archived