Why do Chairman's do this?!

Baically, I am Notts County, got them to the championship and I am doing exceedingly well. I signed Febian Brandy for £400,000 when I was in League 2 and he has become a legend. Now all of a sudden stoke come in and make an offer of £8,166,060. Such a random amount!!! And my chairman accepts it!!!

So angry!!!

I thought i would have a look at the details of the transfer and I found it is 6 mil over 30 months and 2 mil from 10 league goals!!!

That is not fair as I can't even go out and by a replacement with that.

Why do Chairman's do that?

Playing as Notts County i dont think fonding a replacement would be a problem! Although it does beg the question, whey are the mega-rich owners willing to accept offers for players a manager may want to keep?

Exactly. It's for much either.

Plus he is a club legend as well.

Certainly annoys me when it happens on my saves.

He rejected them anyway because they didnt offer him enough wage! :D

But now they offered for him again and the board accepted AGAIN!!!

And btw, I can't afford to offer him more money....tight enough wage bill as it is.

He rejected them anyway because they didnt offer him enough wage! :D

But now they offered for him again and the board accepted AGAIN!!!

And btw, I can't afford to offer him more money....tight enough wage bill as it is.

just do what iv'e just done if your'e at start of season3 get owen on a free!!! offered him shed loads on a 3 year contract and he turned down napoli and pompey to come and play at the lane.

theres a trick. offer him to other clubs. hope that he accepts another clubs contract. then when you have to comfirm the sale you cancel. whoopz :)

THANK YOU! I've had seasons ruined by my chairman stepping in and selling my best players for peanuts. This is the best workaround yet.

Another good one is to set the asking price of your players at 100m each and it keeps teams away from offering.

THANK YOU! I've had seasons ruined by my chairman stepping in and selling my best players for peanuts. This is the best workaround yet.

Another good one is to set the asking price of your players at 100m each and it keeps teams away from offering.

If you don't mind the persistent offers you can also set asking price at 0 and reject all offers.

Its getting on my nerves. Its constant and there is no reason for it.

They've just accepted a bid for an 18 year old indespensible player for 1.4m. Probably over 2 years and if he scores 50 goals or something.

You would think that if you had been at a club for 8 years and have secure finances they should start trusting you to sell your own players.

I should be able to at least kick off to some one about it or ask them not to do it anymore.

They seem to have no concept of the value of players.

Its getting on my nerves. Its constant and there is no reason for it.

They've just accepted a bid for an 18 year old indespensible player for 1.4m. Probably over 2 years and if he scores 50 goals or something.

You would think that if you had been at a club for 8 years and have secure finances they should start trusting you to sell your own players.

I should be able to at least kick off to some one about it or ask them not to do it anymore.

They seem to have no concept of the value of players.

I think chairmen have a stat called 'interferance' or something. You could edit that and make it lower?

I'm not one for editing anything.

So all I can really do is leave and hope my next chairman is better or hope he leaves.

It would be nice to be able to threaten to leave or have a way to stop this because its a nightmare if you join a club and have a chairman like this.

I think the interferance stat should be visible because you would possibly know these kind of things. Also if they are trigger happy.

I'm not one for editing anything.

So all I can really do is leave and hope my next chairman is better or hope he leaves.

It would be nice to be able to threaten to leave or have a way to stop this because its a nightmare if you join a club and have a chairman like this.

I think the interferance stat should be visible because you would possibly know these kind of things. Also if they are trigger happy.

I'm the same, i don't edit but i read it on here.

I wouldn't say make the stat visible but perhaps mentioning something in the chairman's personality.

I've just checked out his interferance stat. I'll not be able to say what it is for spoilers reasons but I can't imagine changing clubs will help much. Unless the lower the number the more interfering they are.

I could because I havent mentioned who the chairman is. He has a 10 which compared to most others seems quite low. Not sure if it changes over time but that is what he started with.

I've just checked out his interferance stat. I'll not be able to say what it is for spoilers reasons but I can't imagine changing clubs will help much. Unless the lower the number the more interfering they are.

I could because I havent mentioned who the chairman is. He has a 10 which compared to most others seems quite low. Not sure if it changes over time but that is what he started with.

Mine has a 1 and he still interferes in ridiculous ways. It's almost as if the game just wants me to know such a feature is in place.

Maybe the lower the number the more interfering.

I checked out a chairman who I know doesnt interfere in anything (irl anyway) and he had a 14.

When Abramovich first bought Chelsea the game used to put offers in for players if they didn't think you were buying the best players for the club. I really liked that feature as that's real interference.

This doesn't seem to be on any of the latest versions of the game

I had a similar problem, I found the best way for players you have no intention of selling is put reject all offers then set the asking price to £0, the AI will offer £0 the chairman won't like it and you keep your player.

I can't do that. I would consider it cheating. I need to find a real solution, I thought staying at a club a long time would prevent it but it doesn't.

I can't do that. I would consider it cheating. I need to find a real solution, I thought staying at a club a long time would prevent it but it doesn't.

I agree. Rather than finding a work around, perhaps SI could put in a feature where you could ask your board to not accept offers for certain players.

Does anyone else think the buying selling players bit should be different anyway. I think it would be better if you had to scout a player before approaching the board and saying you want to sign him and then them saying something like "we'll give you upto 16.5m to buy this player" I think this is more realisic then it should get rid of some of the annoying chairman stuff.

If chairman in the game had a more personal touch then I think it would add to the realism

Well no I think we clubs with director of football setups should come to you and say "we've been working on signing robinho for 19mil do you want us to seal the deal". In real life Wigan's chairman butts his nose in and they don't have a director of football setup (that I know of)

IRL, the manager tells the chairman what player he wants and then the chairman gos off and trys to buy him. They may say I want this guy but don't pay anymore than 20 million or something but thats probably about it.

If they changed it to that way it might upset some people who like to do it themselves.

But it would be rare a chairman sells a player over a managers head. I know it happened to curbishly at west ham and he left. He got compo for it 2.

You should be able to put a clause in your contract for the chairman not to sell your players for rediculous amounts, like he had.

Or.....A better way would be an offer comes in and the chairman calls a meeting with you in a 'press conference style way' then you tell him whether he can sell the player or that you want him to remain at the club. The chairman then goes away for a day or so and then makes his decision on the player. I think more interference with buying players in the game would make it better than how it currently is

They flogged my keeper on the last day of the transfer window for what might as well of been nothing without time or money to buy a replacement and left me playing my youth keeper for the rest of the season who wasn't ready for first team football.

Theres just no common sense involved.

Yeah it can be frustrating when chairmans do this.

Worst one i had was on FM09, i signed a player from Ipswich for 3 mil in the 1st season.

Then at the end of the 1st season, the players valuation had dropped to 950k and Ipswich bid 1.8 mil for him and my stupid Chairman accepted the offer.

I could'nt believe it, i signed him for 3 million and then 8 months later, my Chairman accepted a 1.8 mil bid from the same team i signed him for 3 mil from!

There was no buy back clause or anything, and we had 17 million in the bank.

In the press confrence it said something like ' Its being reported that 'Chairman' sold your player without even consulting you, how do you feel about this '

So i let them know, i was far from happy with him!

I've just told the media what I think of him saying "it certainly doesn't make my job any easier" Not that it seemed to help. All it seemed to do was upset the players that are still at the club.

I don't think my chairman even cared. Not sure he even heard. I don't think he is on the same planet.

He'll probably end up telling me he was dissapointed in me giving away one of my star players for not much more than a free.

Archived