Impossible goal

I've just conceded a goal where the opposition player was almost on the byline, inside the six yard box on the left hand side.

He took a shot from this position that hit the left hand post and went in - there's no way this could happen.

I've just conceded a goal where the opposition player was almost on the byline, inside the six yard box on the left hand side.

He took a shot from this position that hit the left hand post and went in - there's no way this could happen.

Not impossible just extremely unlikely due to the angles involved.

What angle did the ball change direction by when it hit the post? Very possible it just clipped it due to the narrow angle they'd have to put the ball in, and could have an unpredictable direction due to any curl that they may have tried to put on the shot.

perhaps its actually come off the keeper and on to the post but the animation has just messed it up? what does the text commentary say about the goal?

The commentary dosen't mention it hitting the keeper that was the first thing I checked.

Screenshots are no good, you can't see the proper movement of the ball. Really neeeds to be a PKM.

There was one of these the other week in bugs forum, where the screenies show the ball passing through the side netting from the corner, but a look at the PKM would tell you it actually gets glanced injust next to near post.

Ill bet it actually goes in off someone, it's just the 3D match engine doesn't show it very well.

I've had a similar goal where it looks to change direction at the near post and go in, but in 2D it clearly came off the keeper, I think 3D failed to show his flailing boot, and 2D simply positioned the dot better being a bigger blob from above and all.

Keep in mind that the match engine isnt an exact recreation of whats happening.

Its more like an eye witness trying to show you what is happening.

I remember a goal back in 2008 that litteraly zig zagged over 30 yards past my defenders and keeper (as if it had a mind of its own) and in the back of the net.

In real life its impossible but in reality it was just the match engine struggling to represent it correctly.

Plus the other times people have scored or been scored against when the ball doesnt even cross the line.

Archived