Soviet Coach

He must of been born there before it split or whatever happened over there.. I'm 13 I don't know the history

Well no, because that would mean some of the older players still playing for the likes of Russia would still be USSR. Or players from Ukraine, Belarus etc etc.

Well no, because that would mean some of the older players still playing for the likes of Russia would still be USSR. Or players from Ukraine, Belarus etc etc.

He might only have caps for the USSR. Although that doesn't explain his high level of knowledge of the Soveit Union!

Capped 80 times for the USSR, not for Ukraine or Russia. Nationality shows that in which the player has been capped, which explains it. Still a bit strange though.

If this is the working theory then there would be alot of Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian etc who have the former Yugoslavia listed as their nationality because they only played for yugoslavia or East Germany/West Germany for same reason

I remember looking in the 2009 database there were a couple of Soviets; and a few from Great Britain rather than England, Scotland or wherever. A bit silly of SI tbh.

Actually, I'm sure one of them was a player. Would he just stay as 'Great Britain' until he got capped?

Archived