Too many takeovers

Is it me or are there far..far to many takeovers on this game in the last month on my game i have seen several takeovers from diffrent clubs in the leagues i have selected but irl are there really takeovers happening across the whole of europe every week as seems to happen on this game ??

Depends how many leagues you have selected really. I mean, there's certainly not a high profile takeover every week, but with the huge amount of football clubs in the world, it's kind of hard to think that there's not a takeover per week somewhere in the world.

Takeovers happen for financial reasons; either a club has its debt paid by its owner through cash injection or there’s a takeover. I’ve never seen regen clubs in FM because a club went into bankruptcy and no takeover happened and the club had to be dissolved. So the only way to keep clubs from the DB in-game seems “takeovers”!

With the state of the financial market worldwide, a lot of clubs are now in financial trouble. But just to produce a few examples;

Liverpool; the two idiots upstairs lost a fortune in the recession, and have saddled the club with debt.

Newcastle; club was famously put up for sale

West Ham; chairman lost millions when Icelandic banks collapsed

Portsmouth; god only knows whats going on there!!

Arsenal; Plenty of rumours Stan Kroenke is about to lauynch takeover as he keeps buying up more n more shares.

So there's 4 premiership teams, and 1 championship team, just off the top of my head...

Portsmouth; god only knows whats going on there!!

Not even God know's what's going on at pompey.

Anyway I've had 2 takeovers in 5 years at Adelaide Utd. One was a Board Member taking over and the other which happened in my current season was a consortium taking over. Good job as well as we were headed for administration otherwise.

Watford were, in an FM sense "taken over" when their chairman stood down the other week they now have a different chairman and that is relinquishing control to another member in my eyes. That wasn't high profile or even put down as a takeover, but essentially it was the club just has a loan debt of £5m to pay off now with a different chairman.

Archived