Is it possible to return to a previous club?

Hi guys. I think I asked this question last year and got the answer no, due to the fact that you are automatically added to a club's disliked personnel list when you resign.

My question is obvious - has this problem now been solved. My plan is to dominate the league with my team for a few years, then move abroad, and then come back a few years later to bring back the good times. Is this possible? Would it be possible if I merely leave when my contract runs out? And what if I am on the club's favoured personnel?

Anyone done this? Or seen an AI manager return? Cheers guys.

Is that a fact? Has someone managed to return to their old club after their contract expired and they left? Or does someone have an in-game editor where they can check out if you are added to the disliked list after leaving?

You can check to see if the club has added you to their dislike list by using FMRTE.

I'm also quite curious about this. I never knew you couldn't to begin with.

Well this is quite stupid really isn't it? You can win everything for years with a team, leave for a new challenge, and then you cannot return years later like a white knight to return the club to its former glory. I really do not know why SI did FM09 like that, and its beginning to sounds like the same thing has happened again in FM10. If they haven't changed it then its completely unrealistic, not to mention frustrating.

There must be someone out there who has tried to return and either managed it or failed. And as for getting removed from the legends list, do they remove players from it when they leave? So why remove the manager?

Hi guys. I think I asked this question last year and got the answer no, due to the fact that you are automatically added to a club's disliked personnel list when you resign.

My question is obvious - has this problem now been solved. My plan is to dominate the league with my team for a few years, then move abroad, and then come back a few years later to bring back the good times. Is this possible? Would it be possible if I merely leave when my contract runs out? And what if I am on the club's favoured personnel?

Anyone done this? Or seen an AI manager return? Cheers guys.

I have seen AI managers return to a previous club but ive no idea if its possible for us to do so.

i spent 5 years at chelsea and won 4 premierships, 2 champions leagues, and 3 FA cups, then moved to Real Madrid for 3 seasons winning la liga 3 times, and the champions league once. then spent a season at inter and failed to win a trophy and chelsea took me back.... now top of league again!

Hmm, This version is the first time I tried to return to a club after leaving and they wouldn't take me back. Personally I think SI should look at changing this.

For example:

I started with Newcastle and brought them back up and spent 14 years there winning the league once (3 runner ups), Won the Champions league once (runner up once), won 3 league cups and runner up in 3 FA cups. Now while that may not be hugely impressive compared to what some people can win on the game it would pretty much make me the greatest Manager in Newcastle history. Yet not even a legend (I was favored personnel).

I then resigned with one year left on my contract to manage England and Won the 2026 world cup. I left the England team and was waiting for a job I would be interested in to open up. Newcastle sacked their manager and I applied only to be turned down. Realistically they would have been overjoyed to have me back considering what I had done at the club relative to their past history and also considering I was a world cup winning manager as well

Archived