Main European Leagues ??

Spain, England, Italy, Germany, and France are the top leagues.

The Netherlands and Portugal are the pick of the second tier nations which includes Scotland.

Then you have the 'smaller' nations such as Poland, Bosnia, and Hungary.

Then there are the minnows. Andorra, Luxemborg etc.

Big Leagues: England, Spain and Italy

Just below: France, Germany

Medium Leagues: Portugal, Turkey, Russia

Just below: Holland, Greece, Scottland

When i play(ussually Swedish or turkish league) i allways include the England, Spain and Italy...

Surely Holland is at a higher level than Scotland.

Scotland really only has two clubs capable of playing in Europe, whereas Holland has several (PSV, Ajax, AZ, Twente, Feyenoord).

I would say...

Top Tier: Spain, England, Italy

Second Tier: Germany, France

Third Tier: Holland, Portugal and maybe Russia

Sorry to say, as I am from Holland... But the last decade, the level of competition in Holland dropped exponentially! The only club who was able to stay in the top of European football was PSV, but they also dropped from the big stage.

I would say England - Spain,

then Italy - Germany - France,

then Russia - Portugal,

then Holland - Scotland - Turkey

and then the rest...

Sorry to say, as I am from Holland... But the last decade, the level of competition in Holland dropped exponentially! The only club who was able to stay in the top of European football was PSV, but they also dropped from the big stage.

I would say England - Spain,

then Italy - Germany - France,

then Russia - Portugal,

then Holland - Scotland - Turkey

and then the rest...

I'm from Holland too, but i can't see why all of us are so scared about the Portuguese league. i said somewhere before that Porto is very good and Benfica and Sporting are PSV/Ajax class, but where are the Portuguese Twente, AZ, Heerenveen etc. Maybe Braga but the Portuguese midtable teams are certainly less of quality than the dutch.

I'm from Holland too, but i can't see why all of us are so scared about the Portuguese league. i said somewhere before that Porto is very good and Benfica and Sporting are PSV/Ajax class, but where are the Portuguese Twente, AZ, Heerenveen etc. Maybe Braga but the Portuguese midtable teams are certainly less of quality than the dutch.

Agree with you on most part, but looking at the clubs that go on in Europe after group-stages etc. Portugal is leading the dance. ;)

Agree with you on most part, but looking at the clubs that go on in Europe after group-stages etc. Portugal is leading the dance. ;)

Well strange than that they are way lower on the UEFA rankings. But I already agreed on Porto being better than other Dutch teams. Personally I would rank them similar at least. Choosing one of the two would certainly be a hard choice (if you don't prefer one above the other which i do of course :))

As someone who watches dutch football on espn,their league is miles better than scotland.Lets face it theres only 2 teams up north and thats why they want to join the english premier league.

Or the Atlantic league... Don't think this will ever happen.

Archived