rediculous inconsistency..

remember my other thread about realism? the fact that 3 seasons in wolves qualifiyed for the champs league?

well the season after, they are rock bottom of the premier league, with 7 points from 18 games and rock bottom of thier champs league group with relativly the same squad as last year.

chelsea are 9th (lost 5-0 to everton!!), man u 11th

top 4 is

man city

me (liverpool)

portsmouth

west ham

now surely this is something that needs fixing in the next patch. litterally random results. i have a seriously amazing team and i cant win silverware for ****.

now surely this is something that needs fixing in the next patch. litterally random results. i have a seriously amazing team and i cant win silverware for ****.

It takes more than an amazing team to win silverware.

like what? if i have 11 world class players all over the pitch, playing in a solid formation, all of them bright green. what else does it take to win something?? luck? its a video game, luck doesnt exist, things are programmed to happen and they do or they dont happen.

results are too random and little things that would have no relavence in real life in terms of tactics and shouts etc are too effective.

like what? if i have 11 world class players all over the pitch, playing in a solid formation, all of them bright green. what else does it take to win something?? luck? its a video game, luck doesnt exist, things are programmed to happen and they do or they dont happen.

results are too random and little things that would have no relavence in real life in terms of tactics and shouts etc are too effective.

The moral of your team. Maybe your players are having an off day. Do players have issues with you or each other? You don't know tactics your opposition are players against your individual players. Maybe they are exploiting weaknesses in some of your players or in your formation.

Having 11 world class players is not enough to win you the title.

You need to take into account formation your playing, roles in your team, personal in the stating 11, strenght of the bench, size and strenght of the squad, chemisty of the squad, personallity of the squad, standard of coaches, standard of training, standard of phsyios, moral of the team, explotiting corners, free kicks and throw ins via tactics, how you set up your team to play against the oppenents i.e individual instructons on key players, how you use your subs, when you use your subs, standard of oppenet, current form, ect, ect...

And of course luck.

Putting out 11 world class players and expecting to win is not the way of thinking.

Real Madrid tried this during their 'Galactico's' era.....and clearly it didn't work, so i'd say that the little tactical tricks and touchline shouts employed by other teams in that era did work.

Luck has alot to do with how a game goes.

Luck is in the game in the form of "random events". But also, team morale, team cohesions, the tactics you employ (yes, I said it: your tactics), set pieces that you use, and how you defend against them, your players' mental attributes, etc, etc.

i have excellent team morale and my squad harmony is superb. what im talking about is when i play games like for example sunderland away, went 1-0 after about 10 mins thanks to torres, then somehow (with defence of castro (brill regen) sakho fazio johnson along with veloso (deep lying playmaker) and ignacio camacho (defense midfielder) protecting) midfeild 3 of gerrard in the centre as a supporting playmaker. and toni kroos and simon vukcevic either side attacking midfielers, up front ive got torres with hulk/lukaku as subs. thats my starting 11, i have litterally another 10 players who are world class that can come in all positions. ) darren bent scored a hat trick and i went in 3-1 down at half time, got it back to 3-3 in the 2nd half then conceeded an injury time goal to lose 4-3...

I can provide you with hundreds of IRL examples of superb teams, with great morale and form being beaten by lesser teams if you like?

Not saying the game is perfect, but you haven't provided an example of the game having a problem IMO (aside from the top four which is concerning).

I can provide you with hundreds of IRL examples of superb teams, with great morale and form being beaten by lesser teams if you like?

Not saying the game is perfect, but you haven't provided an example of the game having a problem IMO (aside from the top four which is concerning).

yeah on my game chelsea lost 5-0 to everton, yakubu scored them all..

surely a game/striekr bug?

Did you buy all those players in your 4th season, if so then there must be 0 chemistry. This is football, not swimming. just because a player has good personal skills does not mean 100% win. Real Madrid and Argentina has to be the best example, both with crazy super stars yet cant even win

I have the best team in Scottish Division 3, Queens Park and i have failed to get promoted after leading at xmas every season.

The second half of the season i get beat by teams i dominated... its like the AI is trying to cheat.

I have the best team in Scottish Division 3, Queens Park and i have failed to get promoted after leading at xmas every season.

The second half of the season i get beat by teams i dominated... its like the AI is trying to cheat.

I know what you mean. Once the AI has decided you are going to lose, it doesn't matter what you do - you will lose...

fixedk.png

To be fair TonyVain, you had 37 shots but only 4 clear cut chances - the same as your opponents. Sounds like you dominated but they sat very, very deep so you struggled to make geniune goalscoring chances.

Back to the OP - IMO Manchester United have a team full of world class players, as do Chelsea, as do Arsenal. But all three of them can't win the league, can they? But I do agree there are issues with the game the further you go - if Wolves finish in the top 4 in the next three years, we'd all be gobsmacked. The same goes if Chelsea were to be 9th in that time. But it is better than 09 where Arsenal would be getting 100+ points season on season.

Did you buy all those players in your 4th season, if so then there must be 0 chemistry. This is football, not swimming. just because a player has good personal skills does not mean 100% win. Real Madrid and Argentina has to be the best example, both with crazy super stars yet cant even win

Am managing newport co. I had my tactics set out and at first, and the team was terrible, unable to string a pass together, but i keeped the same tactics and formation and slowly things stated to improve, and there where string pass`s together and playing very good football. I tuck over when there where 22ed and i just finished season 11th, 3 points off play offs.

A big mistake people make is when there start with a new team or buy aload of new players, when there dont do well there think its tactics and keep changing it, and things never improve as the players struggle to having to addapt to new tactic while they trying to gell together.

The problem with screenshots like that is that, sooner or later, a game like that happens. 99 times out of 100, if you have 37 shots to 8 and dominate possession as you did, you will win. One time out of 100, you will lose, and when that happens EVERYONE makes a big deal out of it and says that the game is fixed. It's sort of like the phenomenon where you hear a song on the radio whilst you were JUST HUMMING IT TO YOURSELF. Creepy, isn't it? The fact is, when you turn on the radio, 1999 time out of 2000 you will hear a different song than the one you were humming to yourself, but when that happens you don't actually REMEMBER it happening, because it is neither interesting nor important. Really, it is a question of large numbers -- the more games you play like this that you dominate, the bigger chance there is to be a game that you unfairly lose.

Granted, Wolves finishing 4th is quite a mighty achievement. But then again, this is on ONE game save out of THOUSANDS. If you replayed each real-life EPL season even 1000 times, you'd notice brilliant teams finishing very low, and terrible ones in the top 4. It really is the phenomenon of large numbers.

Archived