Any major bugs in FM2010?

I've not played the demo yet, I downloaded it but when I started my game everything looks different and I didnt really have time to learn the layout.

I tried the tactics editor but then got frustrated because I wanted to different instructions for both my CM's, I always think the first CM should be the LCM position but its not, and I didnt know if there was a quick way to change the results so that annoyed me too lol.

So anyway I was just wandering if anything major has been reported that needs fixing like there was with 09 and will it be patched on release day. I've not logged onto here for a while so not kept up to date with everything. Last year I was on here everyday reading through loads of threads about what people had experienced with the demo.

There will be a patch released on the release day or shortly after that, since SI has gotten feedback about incorrect data, bugs... but I havent come accros any major bugs on the forums or in-game yet.

Thats good to hear, I really wish I had more time to get used to. I did like a lot of the things I did see, might get familiar with where everything is but don't actually play until friday :)

i had 1 really major bug i was playing as linfield in the irish league and was in the smei final of the county antrim shield it was 2-2 at the end of full time i scored a penalty in the 114 minute and went on to win the match bit when the match was over the news screen saidi went out on penalties and i was out of the cup!!

i had 1 really major bug i was playing as linfield in the irish league and was in the smei final of the county antrim shield it was 2-2 at the end of full time i scored a penalty in the 114 minute and went on to win the match bit when the match was over the news screen saidi went out on penalties and i was out of the cup!!

that sounds like a bug from fm09, u sure this was in the demo version?

if it was report it on the bugs forum.

Goalkeepers are appauling with crosses and corners. Players are routinely flagged offside when they are not involved in active play (like 3 times a match). The corner exploit is still in, and this time, the opposition are using it every match.

Check this out! (Champions League? They're having a laugh!)

Definite bug! I've never been able to do anything like that with the Blades in first pre-season before! Maybe I will find FM10 more suited to my managerial style. Or the demo is deliberately set to be a little easier so that everyone thinks that way and buys it ... Hmmm!

Anyway, I was impressed with the result. And seven different scorers!

Check this out! (Champions League? They're having a laugh!)

Definite bug! I've never been able to do anything like that with the Blades in first pre-season before! Maybe I will find FM10 more suited to my managerial style. Or the demo is deliberately set to be a little easier so that everyone thinks that way and buys it ... Hmmm!

Anyway, I was impressed with the result. And seven different scorers!

By all accounts Rangers are in trouble this year

Using the tactics wizard, my center backs are still the club's top scorers. So the corner exploit is (in my experience) still very much an issue. :thup:

But seriously, what were your settings? I'm bored and want to try it out.

But seriously, what were your settings? I'm bored and want to try it out.

I usually play 442, rigid, more disciplined etc.

Nothing changed.

CB will score from roughly one in four corners. In my team it was Caldwell at Celtic.

Goalkeepers are appauling with crosses and corners. Players are routinely flagged offside when they are not involved in active play (like 3 times a match). The corner exploit is still in, and this time, the opposition are using it every match.

Less than great goalkeeping and too quick offsides are known issues and should be fixed at some point, but neither are big, game breaking bugs. I'd take exception to the corner exploit though. The AI teams do not use a routine that would allow this. We also spent months tying it down (was not an easy task, believe me). If you think you have found a problem, you'll need to upload a number of pkms explaining what you are seeing so it can be looked at.

I cant say major but there are some issues like

-Tackling,ai is tackling like there is no tomorrow

-Goalkeepers struggle to control some back passes which causes some stupid goals

-You have to wait a lot for throw ins,corners etc...

-Some asking prices are ridiculously high

-And some minor tactical issues like wingers dont cut in very much.and also some problems tactics in match view

-User interface is a bit complicated,it takes some to get use to it

But they are all minor issues and i think the overall game is great

Can't say i have notice many bugs in the demo(Its been near perfect :D)

The only one i have noticed on the demo is on the tactics screen, If i drag and swap players around in different positions, Then if i leave the tactics screen(looking on a players profile etc) When i go back to the tactics screen the last 2 players i changed around have swapped back around?

• 2 weeks later...

Does continually crashing with unexpected errors count as a bug? If so i want to stamp on that bug and burn it...

I love the FM series and have had no problems on my MAC running the original 2005 version. Bought 2010 cos it looked amazing and I can confirm what I have managed to see i am very very impressed with.

The game crashes either during or immediately after the second Pre-season friendly, so not very much fun at all at the moment, considering i bought it day of release and have boked a whole weekend out to really get my teeth stuck into it only to find it is crashing, please help...

Oh and i have installed the patch 10.1.0 too and that didn't resolve it either.

Archived