England National Manager

Ok I just started a game as England manager and resigned straight away. I was curious as to if Brian Eastwick would still somehow get the job.

The FA infact gave it back to Capello.

It doesnt really solve my curiousity though in regards to who they employ after Capello.

I'm still very curious about the long term stability of the game. I like to play into my 10th season with the balance somewhat still appropriate and to be honest I dont think I have ever gone that far into a game without something absurd happening. e.g Man Utd dont offer Ferguson a new contract and opts for a manager far inferior. Liverpoool relegated, silly stuff like this.

I also notice the board will always allow you a wage budget in which you simply cannot afford.

in relation to your first points: it's a game, it isn't a prediction of what will happen. Who's to say what will happen in 5 or 10 years time? (especially considering how awful liverpool are already this year)

Listen mate, Just because I dont like steam dont come banging on about senseless things.

We're all entitled to our opinions and if you believe brian eastwick will be england manager within the next 10 years then thats up to you isnt it.

I am calm mate, I just thought logic would prevail here.

For example is it easy to predict tottenham will not be relegated in the next 10 years, No its not so easy.

Can I have alot more faith in knowing Brian Eastwick will not be England manager in the next ten years, Yes I think we all could.

I'm not highlighting some trivial issue here, Its quite a fundemntal and basic one. Eastwick will never ever be England manager after Capello or Stuart Pearce.

For example is it easy to predict tottenham will not be relegated in the next 10 years, No its not so easy.

I think its pretty easy to predict that Sprs won't relegated in next 10 years

I dont think it is mate. I think the next five years you might be safe with such a claim, but look at the past 15 years alone, Tottenham have flirted with relegation battles a couple of times. You cant say the FA has ever flirted with Brian Eastwick.

That's a pretty dumb statement to make.

Do you actually watch football in real life, or do you just play FM?

10 years ago Leeds Utd were in the Champions League Semi Final. Where are they now?

6 years ago Newcastle United finished 3rd in the Premiership. Where are they now?

Teams have ups and downs, and they come and go from leagues. Last year Spurs were rock bottom of the premiership after 10 games. At that point in time how certain were you that Spurs would not be relegated?

10 years is a LONG time in football. Maybe you're quite young so you haven't experienced a decade in the life of a football league. But when you get older, trust me, you'll understand.

10 years ago Leeds Utd were in the Champions League Semi Final. Where are they now?

6 years ago Newcastle United finished 3rd in the Premiership. Where are they now?

Teams have ups and downs, and they come and go from leagues. Last year Spurs were rock bottom of the premiership after 10 games. At that point in time how certain were you that Spurs would not be relegated?

10 years is a LONG time in football. Maybe you're quite young so you haven't experienced a decade in the life of a football league. But when you get older, trust me, you'll understand.

I remember watching spurs in 2nd division, happy days thumping bristol rovers 9-0 and perryman clearing one off the line against the saints at the dell to get us promoted. Leeds Newcastle are clubs that historically get relegated every 15 years or so. Spurs Arsenal Man utd Everton Liverpool are 5 clubs who don't have a relegation history apart from the odd one off in the last 50 years. Yes Spurs were rock bottom after 10 games but looked where they finished.

I have been watching Spurs live since 1974 and been a season ticket holder for 22 years.

So... how long ago was it Manchester City were playing at Macclesfield Town in the third tier of English football?

I'm sorry but I might be spectacularly missing the point here.

Let's get this straight - Starto said "For example is it easy to predict tottenham will not be relegated in the next 10 years, No its not so easy."

His argument is, quite simply, that it would be silly to suggest that it is certain that Tottenham will not be relegated in the next decade.

Why, as a result, are people having a go about his naïvety to suggest that it is certain that Tottenham will not be relegated any time soon?

Am I just being incredibly dense?

Going back to the original question about the next Engand manager

Having qualified for the world cup with England in the demo, I thought I would resign and see what would happen.

Cappello was indeed given the job of "ensuring England are champions in the upcoming major finals"

I remember watching spurs in 2nd division, happy days thumping bristol rovers 9-0 and perryman clearing one off the line against the saints at the dell to get us promoted. Leeds Newcastle are clubs that historically get relegated every 15 years or so. Spurs Arsenal Man utd Everton Liverpool are 5 clubs who don't have a relegation history apart from the odd one off in the last 50 years. Yes Spurs were rock bottom after 10 games but looked where they finished.

I have been watching Spurs live since 1974 and been a season ticket holder for 22 years.

Southampton were in the top-flight for 27 consecutive years. I believe that record was third behind Arsenal and Everton at the time. By your logic, one would be forgiven five years ago, to therefore claim Southampton wouldn't be relegated within the next 10-15 years.

But three years later and they're headed for League Two.

Tottenham's long-term future is by no means assured. In fact, there have been a few months here and there over the past 5-10 years where Spurs were definitely displaying relegation form.

Definitely agree with you there 10 years is way too far ahead to speculate in football world, look any given team can collaps under bank loans and any given team can be bought by a sugar daddy right?

I could continue this line with players also, who knows what future talents will emerge from where. There's so much variation to this question.

Definitely agree with you there 10 years is way too far ahead to speculate in football world, look any given team can collaps under bank loans and any given team can be bought by a sugar daddy right?

I could continue this line with players also, who knows what future talents will emerge from where. There's so much variation to this question.

That is quite true, mate!

Archived