Press conferences, have they got better?

Well i can't really download the demo because of low internet speed, but i tried fm09 and press conferences were in my opinion quite boring and repetitive. I checked some development blogs and i think SI said they had been revamped, so i'd like to know what you think of them in FM10?

I think the press conference is better than last year, when you sign a player you can now hold a press conference, which i like, but do expect to get tied down alot with the press asking alot of questions tho, which in time can get a bit boring, and end up you know what the question is and answer it before reading what the press is asking lol

I always leave as soon as I can by using the 'alloted time' check box.

That said, you can tell they've been worked on and I like the way they've revamped the answers from just. " I strongly agree/I agree/No Comment/Disagree/Strongly Disagree"

I think it's been worded a lot better, I mean the answers make a lot more sense now. Overall it's gotten little better but I can see it becoming boring soon again. Also 6months of game time is not enough time to see how bad/good they will be, just like there could be other glitches and stuff further down the line the demo will never let you see.

Still not a fan of press conferences, end up leaving it to the lottery of the assistant. Nightmare.
If you have an assistant manager with good media ratings, can you leave everything safely in his hands though?

Like samuelburrows says. It's a lottery. When managing a club like Man City, I will at all costs claim Man Utd will win the title then one game I'll leave it to the Assistant who will invariably claim "ManUtd a certainty for the title"

End result - "It is not thought the Man City squad will react well to Dumb Ass Man's handling of the question" And all of a sudden I'm in the market for a new Ass Man :rolleyes:

I haven't really noticed the match press conferences. I just automatically assigned my Assistant to do them and forgot about it. I tried a few new signing conferences but I've given up on them as well. It seems impossible to say the right thing and improve a signings morale but it's still really easy to drop their morale and annoy them.

So overall they seem the same as FM09 and not worth the effort.

I haven't really noticed the match press conferences. I just automatically assigned my Assistant to do them and forgot about it. I tried a few new signing conferences but I've given up on them as well. It seems impossible to say the right thing and improve a signings morale but it's still really easy to drop their morale and annoy them.

So overall they seem the same as FM09 and not worth the effort.

I think the more you do the new signing conferences, the more you'll get to know what boosts morale. So far I've had mixed success and I think it's a nice little addition to the game.

I think the more you do the new signing conferences, the more you'll get to know what boosts morale. So far I've had mixed success and I think it's a nice little addition to the game.

I like the fact there is an option to say "this is the sort of player the club should be signing" but it always goes down poorly even if the player is a blind one legged donkey. I'm not prepared to kiss arse in the conferences, and treat the players like babies so I ignore the conferences, and team talks as a few cold hard truths leads to a lot of players throwing their toys out of the pram.

It's the thing that annoys me the most about conferences/team talks you can't be the hard man at any time the game only allows hand holding as the correct way to manage a team.

It is still repetitive, but at least the answers make more sense.

I did notice however the response is less predictable...

I think tbh it'll always be repetetive. Can't see a way around it - there's only so many quesitions that can be asked.

I like the fact there is an option to say "this is the sort of player the club should be signing" but it always goes down poorly even if the player is a blind one legged donkey. I'm not prepared to kiss arse in the conferences, and treat the players like babies so I ignore the conferences, and team talks as a few cold hard truths leads to a lot of players throwing their toys out of the pram.

It's the thing that annoys me the most about conferences/team talks you can't be the hard man at any time the game only allows hand holding as the correct way to manage a team.

I agree, the players need praising and anytime i say anything that isn't negative about another team, they get upset.

Liverpool vs Hull, I say Liverpool will probably win it. They throw their toys out of the pram.

What else am I suppose to say without looking like an idiot?!

I had another weird scenario where the defender of the opposition had a terrible game and I was asked if I enjoyed it.

I said i never enjoy people flopping (well the least "haha, he sucked" answer)... and I get a news saying that player was very upset about the negative comment.

What else am I suppose to say?

I think tbh it'll always be repetetive. Can't see a way around it - there's only so many quesitions that can be asked.

Yeh I agree, i think it's an improvement, but yet to be really that into the feature. I'm using it only because the AI's rubbish at it.

But given the response seems more random (well unpredictable), I might be equally rubbish at it too.

Archived