What is a SugarDaddy?

josh14

Abramovich, Mahsoud (sp?) at City...

Fellas who come in a dump a bunch of money.

Man City don't have Sugar Daddy ticked on the official DB. I'm 99% certain - was editing recently and was surprised to discover this fact.

*goes off to double-check* :D

EDIT: Indeed, neither Chelsea NOR Man City (despite common belief) have Sugar Daddy ticked. I believe their hefty finances are controlled by each chairman's 'resources' attribute (both are set to 20). The only Sugar Daddy 'ticked' I can find is Hoffenheim. :confused:

Man City don't have Sugar Daddy ticked on the official DB. I'm 99% certain - was editing recently and was surprised to discover this fact.

*goes off to double-check* :D

EDIT: Indeed, neither Chelsea NOR Man City (despite common belief) have Sugar Daddy ticked. I believe their hefty finances are controlled by each chairman's 'resources' attribute (both are set to 20). The only Sugar Daddy 'ticked' I can find is Hoffenheim. :confused:

Ah right.

I only said Abramovich, as it's recently come out that his investment in Chelsea is as an interest free loan. Thus if he calls it in will leave them flat broke. Therefore it seems (to those on the outside) that Chelsea is his plaything. That strikes me as a sugardaddy, when he gets bored he'll be off.

But interesting that he's not officially noted as such in the game. Think the fella at Hoffenheim is definately a true Sugardaddy though, it's a labour of love and he's just pouring cash into it, not expecting it back (as far as we know).

Must be an error on SI's part then, surely?

I think so yes. While waiting for FM2010 I am playing a game using the fm weegie uppdate and in this update Man City do have the sugar daddy option enabled.

It doesn't matter, Man City have a sugar daddy...

Abramovich used to be one, but post-Shevchenko he's stopped pumping so much cash in.

To be accurate, a sugar daddy stops the bank balance falling below a certain amount.

It's Mansour btw.

I think in the Hoffenheim situation, German rules prevent the sort of ownership that Chelsea and Man City has, so Hoffenheim's "sugar daddy" isn't actually an owner of the club, just a very generous donator, closer to a sponsor than an owner, who pours money in without getting any stake in the club, I may be wrong this is just something I remember reading a year or so ago.

I think in the Hoffenheim situation, German rules prevent the sort of ownership that Chelsea and Man City has, so Hoffenheim's "sugar daddy" isn't actually an owner of the club, just a very generous donator, closer to a sponsor than an owner, who pours money in without getting any stake in the club, I may be wrong this is just something I remember reading a year or so ago.

That is true.

Archived