March Challenge - Busan Transportation Corporation

This is the third in a series of monthly challenges which will run for one calendar month and involve playing just one season with a chosen team. Anyone can take part as many times as they like. The aim is simple, just do as well as possible in your one season in charge.

A running medals table will be kept, with only the highest entry form each user being entered. The current table looks like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Medals Leaderboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Gold Silver Bronze Challenges Played

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoAC 1 0 0 1

ridleys 1 0 0 1

dafuge 0 1 0 2

minisav 0 1 0 1

CoachFlu 0 0 1 2

Jimbokav1971 0 0 1 1

G-Man11 0 0 1 1

migwar 0 0 0 1

Boskovic 0 0 0 1

Flashman's School Days 0 0 0 1

DodgeeD 0 0 0 1

bob66 0 0 0 1

Jonzii 0 0 0 1

OugaBagga 0 0 0 1

</pre>

Busan Transportation Corporation

Founded in 2006, Busan Transportation Corporation (or Busan Kyotong) are looking to establish themselves in the Korean National League.

The Rules

Load a game with the South Korean leagues only, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you.

Add a manager with automatic past experience and South Korean nationality only.

When you start the challenge, make sure you post a picture of your manager profile.

You may only sign players for whom you can obtain a scout or coach report for, this means you can only sign players from within your scouting restrictions or players who you can attract on trial to the club.

No external scouting utilities should be used and the database should be the official SI one with no non-graphical changes.

Exploiting the setting up of friendlies for reserve teams in order to make money is considered cheating.

Anything related to the challenge may be discussed in this thread, including players, tactics etc. Feel free to update as you want, I think a monthly update should be sufficient.

When you complete your season, post the following screenshots in your review:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>League Tables

<LI>Squad

<LI>Transfer History

<LI>Finances Summary

The Expectations

The media prediction is 12th (bottom of the league) and the board are just happy for the club to enjoy the experience of participating in the N-League.

How well can you do?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the third in a series of monthly challenges which will run for one calendar month and involve playing just one season with a chosen team. Anyone can take part as many times as they like. The aim is simple, just do as well as possible in your one season in charge.

A running medals table will be kept, with only the highest entry form each user being entered. The current table looks like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Medals Leaderboard

Username Gold Silver Bronze Challenges Played

NeoAC 1 0 0 1

ridleys 1 0 0 1

dafuge 0 1 0 2

minisav 0 1 0 1

CoachFlu 0 0 1 2

Jimbokav1971 0 0 1 1

G-Man11 0 0 1 1

migwar 0 0 0 1

Boskovic 0 0 0 1

Flashman's School Days 0 0 0 1

DodgeeD 0 0 0 1

bob66 0 0 0 1

Jonzii 0 0 0 1

OugaBagga 0 0 0 1

</pre>

Busan Transportation Corporation

Founded in 2006, Busan Transportation Corporation (or Busan Kyotong) are looking to establish themselves in the Korean National League.

The Rules

Load a game with the South Korean leagues only, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you.

Add a manager with automatic past experience and South Korean nationality only.

When you start the challenge, make sure you post a picture of your manager profile.

You may only sign players for whom you can obtain a scout or coach report for, this means you can only sign players from within your scouting restrictions or players who you can attract on trial to the club.

No external scouting utilities should be used and the database should be the official SI one with no non-graphical changes.

Exploiting the setting up of friendlies for reserve teams in order to make money is considered cheating.

Anything related to the challenge may be discussed in this thread, including players, tactics etc. Feel free to update as you want, I think a monthly update should be sufficient.

When you complete your season, post the following screenshots in your review:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>League Tables

<LI>Squad

<LI>Transfer History

<LI>Finances Summary

The Expectations

The media prediction is 12th (bottom of the league) and the board are just happy for the club to enjoy the experience of participating in the N-League.

How well can you do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

This probably won't be my last attempt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Add a manager with automatic past experience and South Korean nationality only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you've accidentally left it as Scottish there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Better?? I just retired then added a new manager who was Korean. Is that alright? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That should be fine.

Did that Brazilian knowledge appear there automatically?

Aye. Shocked me too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems there is far too much random knowledge appearing in the game, all my NI staff seem to have knowledge of USA icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Does it matter which patch I use btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, although I would recommend that people use the latest patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Is getting a parent club cheating? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that's fine.

April

Match 1 - Hummel 2-3 BTC - After Hummel scored in just the 6th minute i was expecting a slaughtering, but this wasnt the case as on 10 minutes my on loan goalkeeper from parent club Pohang, saved a penalty. We then equalised, then by half time were 2-1 up. Soon into the second half Hummel got a goal back, a point would have been a brilliant result but my BTC players werent content with that, and proved it by scoring a 3rd 10 minutes from time.

Match 2 - BTC 0-0 Changwon City - Despite our shocking upset over Hummel the South Korean media and bookies still believed we would be destroyed at home to Changwon City, although this wasnt the case as due to some excellent on loan goalkeeping, we stayed in the match and could easily have won.

Match 3 - Gangneung City 4-0 BTC - Coming into the game undefeated i was unsure what to expect, and in a game where our defence was just dreadful we were beaten by 4 goals, but we did have a goal ruled off for offside.

Match 4 - BTC 1-1 Korea Railway - It was a quiet match, with our goal coming on the half hour mark, the piece of magic coming from Korea Railway's central defender. Recovering from the own goal, the opposition equalised just before half time, and with a boring second half we secured our 5th point of the campaign.

April Table

May

Match 5 - KHNP 1-2 BTC - In a match full of surprises, on 35 minutes we took the lead. However just before half time KHNP equalised, something that i have seen happen in many of my games so far. It looked like it was going to end 1-1, but after a KHNP player got sent off in the 50th minute, the game opened up for us and we managed to snatch a late winner.

Match 6 - BTC 2-1 Hallejulah - After 5 minutes we went 1-0 up, yet our opponents equalised soon after. But we didnt let this stop us as we scored in the 51st minute to score the winning goal.

Match 7 - Seaosan 3-4 BTC - 3-0 down, to 4-3 up thats all i need to say.

Match 8 - BTC 1-0 Suwon City - An 80th minute winner, securing all 3 points.

May Table

1st Half Of June

Match 9 - BTC 3-2 IGNEX FC - We were 2-0 up untill the 80th minute when the bottom team made a late charge, however we scored in the 88th minute to win the match.

Match 10 - Kookmin Bank 0-0 BTC - Bore Draw

Well if you don't deliver your expectations you might get sacked before the end of the season. It happened in the January challenge. I think someone still got a medal for that. Less likely here though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The January challenge was weird, 6 people took part, 4 of them got sacked, 3 of them on the same day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

I've just finished my season, what in game date should i post my screenies on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't matter, just as long as all of the matches have been played.

It's not that hard CoachFlu, sign some good players and get a good tactic going and your might even win the league *cough* like me!

By the way another thing, despite the fact i was comftably winning the league numerous points in the season, in EVERY bloody game the media had us on 50-1 to win.

Archived