My Perfect FM (Sponsored by Arrows, Sarrows, Barrows & Farrows)

So, having created this thread, I decided to create a thread to see what features (that are already or have been in the game) would make up a perfect FM. Mine would include;

- Updated database (Chris22)

- FM09 match representation (TV View)

- FM09 transfer system

- FM09 press conferences

- FM08 match engine

- FM08 tactical setup (the aforementioned arrows etc)

- FM08 team talks

- Ability to ask for match re-scheduling (not sure what version that was)

Unfortunately my knowledge of earlier FM’s and features are limited, as I didn’t play much of 05, 06 or 07, so I’ll have to rely on you lot to raise features that I have missed out. Please don’t say “improved 3D”, because that hasn’t been a feature.

Good feature Dafuge, definitely prefer that to the favoured personnel. Starting as Newcastle on 97/98 with stars beside Beardsley, Shearer and.....Philippe Albert (who was actually very good) :o

That's what I liked about it, it really felt like those players were the cult heroes rather than just your best players or top goal scorers.

-Database edited to massively favour Peru :cool:- don't care about the db tbh.

-Old ME representation

-FM09 transfer system with negotiating exploits (07's "accept your own offer", because the 01/02 "get everyone for free" was overkill)

-FM07 7.0.2 ME

-FM07 tactical setup (arrows and pausing for tactics)

-Any previous team talk set up

-Move to reserves for x amount of time

-Assistant overview in player's profile (07)

- 9.0.3 database

- Move to reserves until match fit option

- FM08 tactical setup (I love the arrows too Elrithral)

- FM08 2D pitch

- FM09 transfer system

- FM09 team talks

Can't think of anymore atm as I'm just up 10mins ago *yawns*

FM07 with 09/10 data with FM09 3d graphics, 3 stars and a confidence engine that works.

Also bring back regens, they were predictable but they worked and maintained the balance of quality players.

-Database edited to massively favour Peru :cool:- don't care about the db tbh.

-Old ME representation

-FM09 transfer system with negotiating exploits (07's "accept your own offer", because the 01/02 "get everyone for free" was overkill)

-FM07 7.0.2 ME

-FM07 tactical setup (arrows and pausing for tactics)

-Any previous team talk set up

-Move to reserves for x amount of time

-Assistant overview in player's profile (07)

I second this one!!

- FM10 updated database

- FM08 match representation with full screen button (see Elrithral's other thread :D)

- FM08 transfer system (the new one slowed the game down and made the lower leagues unrealistic)

- FM08 media

- FM08 match engine

- FM08 tactical setup (the aforementioned arrows etc.)

- FM08 team talks

- FM09 assistant recommends players

- FM09 ask assistant to look at loan players

- FM09 reserves selection option (available for reserves)

- FM09 reserve teams play fixtures in BSS/BSN

- FM09 trial days

- FM08 'CD in the drive' activation!

- FM08 smoothness and speed

How does that sound?

Regards,

C.

I'm so glad they got rid of the 'chairman buying players' feature, that was horrible. Chairman selling them I can handle but it was awful when they went out and blew my budget and all the hard work I'd done on a player who didn't even get a work permit.

I'm so glad they got rid of the 'chairman buying players' feature, that was horrible. Chairman selling them I can handle but it was awful when they went out and blew my budget and all the hard work I'd done on a player who didn't even get a work permit.

I hated that feature too. I'd usually end up with four keepers and nine strikers!

If it was done well, it could work. The only time it happened to me was as manager of Chelsea and Abram had wanted a mega signing, but I had only spent on youth, he went over my head and bought Trezeguet. In that case it was annoying, but felt like a good feature and probably realistic.

I still miss the three starred fans favourite players. I know we have the favoured personnel list now but the star system meant you always knew who the fans favourites were.

Ditto. I liked the stars next to the players names, and their name in shiny writing back in the CM times. Bring back 3 star players!

I still miss the three starred fans favourite players. I know we have the favoured personnel list now but the star system meant you always knew who the fans favourites were.

This takes me back to the days of CM 03/04. Wow, I had absolutely no idea that this meant they were the fans favourites, I thought it was the three best players at the club (thinking about it now, possibly determined by their CA). I wonder how much other stuff I've mis-interpreted over the years (and there's been a few of them, 97/98-08/09 :p)

FM07 was way the best and why has it gone downhill since and that hurts me as a game player because when you have such a great game as this and it goes the way it does you have to question the fact as the developers taken the game as far as they can.

I'm with several people on this thread. The only two features that I really miss from older versions:

1) The 3 starred players in each team.

2) The 'move player to reserves until match fit' option. I hate the new 'make available for reserves' because it firstly does not remove them from the first team (I hate my squad cluttered with players not available for selection due to injury, but want to see players not available for other reasons), and secondly, you have to remember to un-check it when they are fit again (as otherwise they keep on playing reserve games and never recover condition! :mad:)

Apart from that, I am reasonably happy with the way the game has progressed over time feature-wise. Maybe the only other old feature to 'bring forward' would be the tactics system from FM07, as I felt it started to get rather confusing and non-intuitive to use in FM08.

Archived