Same for HOME and AWAY?

Of course I change it. And not just home and away too, I base it on how the opposition will play and their size. Two away match tactics won't be the same for me because one team may have a narrow pitch, in which case it would be best to play narrower, and one team may have a short pitch where wide and direct can be advantageous. It's all included in the scout's report, if you tell him to scout the next opposition.

Yeah I always change based on who I'm playing and where. I keep the same formation but I have an attacking, balanced, defensive, close up shop, and a counter tactic. I switch between tactics at appropriate points in the match too.

I'll attack weaker and even sides at home or when I'm down. At home against stronger teams I'll play balanced and will switch to defensive when I'm up and there 10-15 minutes left. Away I almost always start balanced and only attack when it gets late and I'm down. Away against stronger sides I play counter and try and steal a goal and frustrate their attack.

Of course I change it. And not just home and away too, I base it on how the opposition will play and their size. Two away match tactics won't be the same for me because one team may have a narrow pitch, in which case it would be best to play narrower, and one team may have a short pitch where wide and direct can be advantageous. It's all included in the scout's report, if you tell him to scout the next opposition.

Agree with this, it's not just home and away, the class of the opposition has to be taken into account as well.

Exactly. This is the approach i use too. It would be silly to use the same tactic for every game. Not every team is the same.

I have 4 or so formations, and keep one for a while unless I think I need another. Atm its a 4-4-2, and I make slight changes during certain matches. Recently I have been playing an attacking slow tempo game for away games which is working well as we hold a lot more possession.

This is the first version of FM/CM that I have had to change my tactics regularly. Now have a tactics set based around my "main" tactic and one ultra defensive shut up shop tactic that I use in those special occasions.

But won't your players get confused with changing tactics and positions every match?

No, as long as the formation stays the same. I play with a 442 formation, but have completely different tactics within this formation depending on the situation.

Players understand that they might play with an attacking mentality in the first half and defensive in the second if the situation requires it.

Archived