7 subs in championship

Thank god FM10 will have 7 subs in championship, should be easier to cover all positions.. It does mean you will need a slightly bigger squad but u can always bring some youngster through whilst still having 5 quality subs!

Agreed?

I'm delighted for the Championship, but I really don't think clubs will name the full monty in League 2.

It's no good for youngsters. If they were good enough to get on, they'd already be on the benches. Now they'll need to stay at the club rather than getting loans to provide cover.

Crickey, I struggle to name 5 half decent subs in the early part of my career saves & now I've got to find two more stiffs to lace up their boots.

I'm delighted for the Championship, but I really don't think clubs will name the full monty in League 2.

It's no good for youngsters. If they were good enough to get on, they'd already be on the benches. Now they'll need to stay at the club rather than getting loans to provide cover.

Another way of looking at it though is that more players can be involved; you can put a youngster or two on the bench without worrying about a lack of quality options, and if you're ahead in games you can start to blood the youngsters, something that's harder to do with 5 subs.

And with the current financial implications we all face also applying to football, a lot of lower league clubs won't be having reserve teams, so again clubs have limited options as to how they can blood youngsters at their own clubs. This might give some a chance.

I know at my team, Mansfield, we blooded some really good players a few years ago, but since then haven't had a reserve team year-on-year, and funnily enough, I don't think we've seen a single youngster come through since.

So perhaps being able to put a couple of them on the bench would help in this?

The entire football league will have 7 subs from this season on after Derby spearheaded the proposal.

Adam Pearson and Nigel Clough, Legends!

I'll agree with you on Clough being a legend...unfortunately i can't say the same for Pearson! ;)

Another way of looking at it though is that more players can be involved; you can put a youngster or two on the bench without worrying about a lack of quality options, and if you're ahead in games you can start to blood the youngsters, something that's harder to do with 5 subs.

And with the current financial implications we all face also applying to football, a lot of lower league clubs won't be having reserve teams, so again clubs have limited options as to how they can blood youngsters at their own clubs. This might give some a chance.

I know at my team, Mansfield, we blooded some really good players a few years ago, but since then haven't had a reserve team year-on-year, and funnily enough, I don't think we've seen a single youngster come through since.

So perhaps being able to put a couple of them on the bench would help in this?

Mansfield arent in the Football League are they :p.

Spireites :)

its a good rule but wouldnt work in the non league seeing asthough lot of teams struggle for 5 subs! definitely will make it easier between league and cup games this year for fl clubs!

Archived