Sugar's Top Man

Just show me the updates? ok, click Here : 28

I would just like to apologise to Canvey!! for using the same backdrop for a sign-up without realising and I appreciate the work he has done and that he would like to continue with his idea. I would like to state that this does differ to Canvey!!'s being as mine is player based. My mistake for not searching or noticing Canvey!!'s original work.

What is this and how does it work?

Presumably, you have all seen Alan Sugars the Apprentice or at least heard of it anyway. This sign-up follows similar rules to this where by every week a candidate is fired by Alan Sugar. In this case, Alan Sugar has set up his own football club to find his next football superstar.

He has pushed Hull City out of the Premier League and in to the abyss. Here, Alan’s 11 candidates will pursue a life long dream. After 3 matches in the league, Sir Alan will choose a candidate to eliminate based on their average ratings over the last 3 games. However, non-league game ratings may also be considered if ratings are equal. Alan Sugar also may look back on previous results if need be as well as many other things like special status (eg Captain), sending offs/yellow cards etc. The last man standing will become Alan’s next football superstar Apprentice.

All players who are eliminated will remain in the squad however will not be recognised by Alan Sugar as they will only be there to fill the team. Injuries that are long term will be seen as the players fault and Alan Sugar will eliminate the candidate after the (3) match game play. Obviously, there are 38 games in the season and this would leave 5 matches left after we have a winner. However, the first elimination will occur after 8 games eliminating this 5 match period at the end as well as allowing the squad to gel and players to get a chance. This will be told in a semi-story like fashion.

I will post a report of the squad after every three league games detailing you on who played well and who didn't, as well as who got fired!

Any questions? Just ask.

You want in? how?

There are eleven places, all of which are gone this time around.

GK: Hawkini

DL: Demon4- Damian Waymouth

DR: Adam C- Adam Connellan

DC: Bjoggi33- Björgvin Viktor Færseth

DC: PRDH - Pete Harmer

ML: Almondo - James Almond

MR: DanGLiverpool

MC: Lardman CDB - See Deeby

MC: joetheref - Joe Tompkins

ST: Hamilton162 - Tom Hamilton

ST: Brambleten - Alex Barkley

ps: The winner will get sexy time from Alan Sugar

Username: Brambleten (Alex Barkley

Special Attributes: Determination, Adaptability

composure, off the ball

Pace

Finishing

Dribbling

Position: ST

GK:

DL:

DR:

DC:

DC:

ML:

MR:

MC:

MC:

Username: Lardman CDB

Special Attributes: Determination, Adaptability, Creativity, Decisions, Pace, Dribbling, Marking (no passing? O.o)

Position: MC

GK:

DL:

DR:

DC:

DC:

ML:

MR:

MC:

DL:

DR:

DC:

Username: PRDH (Player name - Pete Harmer)

Position: DC

Special Attributes: Determination, Professionalism, Positioning, Bravery, Jumping, Tackling, Marking

DR:

DC:

Username: Demon4 (Player name - Damian Waymouth)

Position: DL

Special Attributes: Determination,Adapbility , Positioning, Decisions , Tackling, Marking, Jumping

DC:

Username: Adam C - Adam Connellan

Position: DR

Special Attributes: tackling, speed, acceleration, crossing, decisions, anticipation, dribbling

great idea mate, but, just have one question, what if someone gets injured? what would then happen?

Well, it all depends on how long the injury is for and when the injury is. hopefully, we will not get many injuries, but if we do Sir Alan may fire you for being weak. WEAAAAKKK!!! but if its early on or if there are a load all at once, then I will either fire the one with the longest out period or something?

Edit: its orite Adam, dont worry. all will be go shortly... just one more sign up needed

DC: Denther - Fred Brookes

Username: Denther - Fred Brookes

Special Attributes: Determination, Adaptability, Bravery, Decisions, Strength, tackling, Heading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DC: Bjoggi33- Björgvin Viktor Færseth

Username: bjoggi33- Bjorgvin Viktor Færseth

Special Attributes: Professionalism , Determination

Mental: Decisions, Bravery

Physical: Strenght

Techical: Heading , Marking

Welcome To Alan Sugars' - The Apprentice - Football Style.

After the success of Alan's programme The Apprentice, he has decided to set his own team up in place of Hull City within the Premier League.

At first glace, Alan's set of candidates seem like a reasonable bunch but arguments are likely to flare.

The team of candidates have all stated their personal ambitions, but you will reach that number one spot at the end of the season?

Well, SkyBet have put the odds on Defender Adam C and Midfielder JoeTheRef. Whilst stating their thoughts on who was going to win, they made it clear they thought Bjoggi33 would be eliminated first, however, he said in an interview yesterday that he was "Determined to prove the doubters wrong!" and so, all is yet to be seen. You can make your minds up after the initial pre-season friendlies which are underway in the coming days.

The main contenders odds given at this stage are: Adam C 7-4, JoeTheRef 5-2, Hamilton162 3-1.

| Pkd     | Inf     | Name          | No.     | Squad Status | Cnt     | Weekly wage | Expires   | Value   | 
 | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
 | GK      |         | Hawkinio      | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £925        | 30.6.2011 | £1.4M   | 
 | ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
 | DR      |         | Adam C        | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £5,500      | 30.6.2011 | £3M     | 
 | DL      |         | Demon4        | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £3,500      | 30.6.2010 | £1.2M   | 
 | DC      |         | PRDH          | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £9,250      | 30.6.2010 | £2.5M   | 
 | DC      |         | Fred Brookes  | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £6,000      | 30.6.2010 | £2.1M   | 
 | MR      |         | DanGLiverpool | -       | Rotation     | F/T     | £2,000      | 30.6.2011 | £1.5M   | 
 | ML      |         | Almondo       | -       | Backup       | F/T     | £3,100      | 30.6.2010 | £600K   | 
 | MC      |         | JoeTheRef     | -       | First Team   | F/T     | £3,600      | 30.6.2011 | £2.6M   | 
 | MC      |         | Lardman CBD   | -       | Rotation     | F/T     | £2,400      | 30.6.2010 | £325K   | 
 | ST      |         | Hamilton162   | -       | Rotation     | F/T     | £7,750      | 30.6.2010 | £2.2M   | 
 | ST      |         | Brambleton    | -       | Backup       | F/T     | £950        | 30.6.2011 | £1M     | 
 | S1      |         | Bjoggi33      | -       | Backup       | F/T     | £90         | 30.6.2011 | £8K     | 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
 |         |         |               |         |              |         |             |           |         | 

Side Note// There are other subs however I am showing just the players who signed up, so yes, there is more than just one sub.

although this is very similar to canvey!!'s sign up (which iirc he will be running again later this year) since his version is significantly differently run with the Apprentice style, I don't think he'll mind you doing this.

Yeah, I just took a look at his and yeah, it does have the similarities of what goes on but like you said, is run significantly differently and this was just based on a fun idea I had last night after watching the apprentice

WOW my values £2.6m :o

Congrats on that one Joe, on paper its looking good for you.

WOW my values 8k :p lol

I know, thats what I thought. I wondered how the game could give some high values to the other players, then you were valued at just 8k. Well, it looks like you will have to prove them all wrong.

I just hope i will get a few games too prove myself :)

Dont worry, you will be played and you will be able to prove yourself.

Also, I will be updating every 3 matches when we get in to the season to show you who is going and who is staying etc. To start with, I will post this update about the first match and then will post another after all 6 six friendlies. Unless you want it another way, please say?

Welcome to the First episode of The Apprentice

Today we join the squad after its first friendly match.

The first match pitched the team against Pirin (Blagoevgrad).

It was a hard fought match by the players of Sugar Fc after goin 1v0 down in the 3rd minute of the game. However, Hamilton162 scored a close range effort in the 23rd minute. In the 68th minute substitutes were required when Hamilton162 and JoeTheRef need medical attention. This made way for substitute D.Walker to catch as second goal in the 80th minute.

The game has also given the players and viewers an idea of the squad at hand. Some key notes per player:

Hawkinio: Rated 6.7 on his first match, saving a key goal scoring chance.

Adam C: Rated 6.9 after making 23 successful passes out of 26 attemps.

Demon4: Demon 4 was made captain of squad and put in a blinding effort; rated 7.1

PRDH: Made some key tackles, nothing much else to say; rated 6.9

F.Brookes: subbed in the 75 minute after running out of puff. Surely this can only get better? Rated 6.9

DanGLiverpool: Subbed in the last 10 mins of game after a hard working effort; rated 7.4

Almondo: The winger ripped up the left wing, travelling 10.3km; rated 6.8

JoeTheRef got off better with a minor injury putting him out for just 3 days. Rated 6.6

Lardman CBD: Like Almondo, he travelled up and down the pitch; rated 6.9

Hamilton162’s injury puts him out for 3-4 weeks, missing vital friendly matches.

Brambleton: Completed every pass he made, 22/22; rated 6.8.

Bjoggi33: Came on as a sub in for F.Brookes and equalled his performance on many levels, showing Sir.Alan that he was undervalued at the start of the campaign; rated 6.8

Join us for the next episode of The Apprentice where we will see the results of the first 6 friendly matches.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Hamilton out injured :( Oh well, at least i scored :) What was my rating?

sorry about forgetting to put it in. You got 7.0

But dont worry about the injury, the physio states its 3 weeks till you recover, in time for the first game of the season. You just sadly miss the start of the season.

@ Bjoggi33: this may be your chance to prove yourself as I will alter the tactics to a 4-1-3-1-1. So here is your chance.

Decent enough, liking the big value, and hopefully I'll get some assists and the likes at full back. good updates Monkeyface3 :thup:

Yep, looking good so far, we will see the average after a few more games and see how everyone is looking.

\o/ 100% pass success rate \o/

im just going to have to hope that i can do well as a lone striker

Yep, you will be playing with JoeTheRef/Lardman as an AMC providing you with, hopefully, those killer passes you need.

Phew, at least i won't get fired :) And thanks for the rating as well :thup:

KUTGW :thup:

Yeah, still in with a good chance as the friendlies count for nothing apart from learning to play with each other I suppose.

Thanks Guys... Just a pointer, the thread title will change to "Sugar's Top Man" soon I think after the realisation of the similarities to Canvey!!'s thread. This is in an attempt to ensure there is no conflict between the two threads. Thats all.

After all 6 friendly matches played I can bring you a more detailed report/post. If you just want to know your average rating and what not, see the bold figure. But reading through it shouldn't take long and you will see what your opponents are up to.

Welcome to the Second episode of Sugars Top Man

The pre-season is over and the league is about to start. All of Alan’s potential apprentices have played in the friendly matches over the past few weeks, So, who is looking hot and who is not?

Hawkinio: He has started every pre-season match and has never been rated under 6.7, with his highest rating coming in at 7.1. He has definitely shown Alan that he is no push over, conceding just 4 goals in 6 matches, but the average over past 6 matches equals just 6.80

Adam C: Adam has shown great potential, playing all 6 matches from the kick off. Pre-season against North Ferribly saw Adam reach his highest rating yet, 7.3 as he made some thumping tackles to stop the attackers. Av over past 6 matches 7.03

Demon4: First match of the pre-season saw the left back put in a blinding performance, too blinding for some as he poked the opposition in the eye, receiving his first yellow. Second game and the performance were upped to a 7.2 rating, whilst the last game of the pre-season saw him reach one of the best ratings yet of 7.8. This has given Demon4 an average rating of 7.08

PRDH: PRDH showed Sir Alan his consistency throughout, whilst upping the ante at the end bringing in an outstanding 8.2 rating when the defender managed to grab himself a goal. But, this wasn’t the defenders first goal but his second. With the lowest rating of just 6.9, the defender brags an average rating of 7.22.

F.Brookes: Brookes got off to a mediocre start, bringing in three ratings of under 7, the lowest of them being 6.3. However, the week that followed he vowed to turn this around and put in another three ratings of 7 or more, bringing his average up to 6.88

DanGLiverpool: Dan brought in nearly three ratings of over 8, but one slipped away when he needed to be subbed in the last half hour. Alan will see from the players fitness that in the long haul, maybe Dan is not up for it, but if his fitness can improve, he has got a good chance of coming away with the top prize if he maintains his consistency throughout as an average rating of 7.9. However, only four of the 6 games were played down to poor fitness. Alan doesn’t take kindly to poor fitness.

Almondo: The let midfielder started every game but one where by he had suffered a minor stain that put him out of the third friendly match. Almodo played fairly consistent but at under the rating of 7. However, two matches saw one 7.2 result and one 7.6 result bringing the average to 7.

JoeTheRef : The right winger grabbed himself three goals in the last three games where he played outstandingly. In the first game we saw a poor rating of just 6.6, of which Joe ensured would not happen again. Ratings of 8.2, 7.6 and 8.1 ensured Joe’s average was up to scratch, reaching 7.35

Lardman CBD: The central midfielder played a lot in the role of an attacking midfielder with the absence of Hamilton162. However, although the role was rather natural to the player, performances were below par, with no ratings above 7 Alan Sugar is finding it difficult to spot what he is good at. Perhaps future games will see him playing far better, that is if he isn’t gone by then… The 6 games averaged at 6.67

Hamilton162: After the first game against Prin, we saw Hamilton suffer a twisted knee that put him out injured. Whilst he has been out, it has allowed the other eleven contestants to battle it out. Although Hamilton states “its not my fault Sir Alan” in a board talk, Sir Alan quickly responded “Shut up. Of course its your fault”. The average rating of just one game is equal to 7, but Alan does not take kindly to this as we can see. We are likely to see a return against Bolton, the first league game of the season.

Brambleton: Brambleton had to play as lone striker over the last six games of which the player saw just one goal come his way. Sir Alan stated that one goal for a striker in 6 games was “p**s poor”. But, the strikers performance was consitent throughout reaching from a 6.8 rating to a 7.4. His final average was 7.

Bjoggi33: For Bjoggi33 Hamilton162’s injury was a chance to show his worth and prove his £8k value to be wrong. However, whilst he did not bring in the worst average, it was a low one of 6.8. But he was injured in the third game for a week, missing two games whilst proving to be still unfit for the final, was an unused substitute. But, there is always something good to come out of everything, Bjoggi has been consistent throughout the three games he did play, all three rating him at 6.8.

With the Pre-Season out of the way, not one player in the squad is on low. Every player feels they have a chance and morale is high, but the question is how will they play against the big boys in the Premier League. Find out next time on, Alan’s Top Man when we bring you the latest results and ratings.

Archived